Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

167891012»

Comments

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Yhwh is a demiurge false ? according to the gnostic gospels. thou shalt have no gods before me is admitting that other gods exist. to be continued for the walking dead kjv bible believers.
  • beenwize
    alissowack wrote: »
    beenwize wrote: »
    @beenwise. It funny how on one end you blame the Bible for people's arrogance and on the other you point to verses that could provoke it if not properly understood. Jeremiah 17:9 says that the heart is deceitful and beyond cure...meaning nothing within ourselves is worthy.

The people of the day was looking for the Kingdom of ? to be established like a nation forms a government. The Pharisees were looking for actual buildings to be built and Jesus was saying pretty much that it doesn't work that way. The Kingdom of ? is going to be established within the people he calls to himself.

Bs if they were told the kingdom of ? was within them why would that only apply to them and not everyone? They only had it in them?

Jesus didn't say that as some pep talk like..."You can do it!!! The Kingdom of ? is inside you!!!" He said it to the Pharisees as way of saying that the kingdom is not going to be some physical place to go to...which is what they had in mind.

Smfh the kingdom of ? is within you because the true ? exist in all things duh! Its that ? simple.
  • beenwize
    bambu wrote: »
    [quote="beenwize;651454
    0"]
    Why listen to me just do your own research.

I should hear what you have to say. But I should also want to hear what people contrary to you have to say as well. That locked thread of yours was exactly what I hoped a person who is concerned with truth would have done...present both sides. You should have known what the arguments was going to be and have a counter for it. It was nothing like that and posters called you on it and your response was more like..."don't listen to them, they are brainwashing you"...or "who is going to believe that"...or "just look at the video".

Lets start here in the old testament when the israelites were bitten by serpents and they were told to look upon a serpent on a rod to be healed. now when you go to a medical instiution aka a institution for healing we see a symbol of a serpent on a rod. what a coincidence. there is a deeper meaning in this. now i know we aren't healed by looking at a serpent on a rod so this story is symbolic

49af6c4e558a7569d80eee2e035e2bd7-2.jpg[/quote]
    How about you do more than post a image you ignorant fool?
  • beenwize

I should hear what you have to say. But I should also want to hear what people contrary to you have to say as well. That locked thread of yours was exactly what I hoped a person who is concerned with truth would have done...present both sides. You should have known what the arguments was going to be and have a counter for it. It was nothing like that and posters called you on it and your response was more like..."don't listen to them, they are brainwashing you"...or "who is going to believe that"...or "just look at the video".

Lets start here in the old testament when the israelites were bitten by serpents and they were told to look upon a serpent on a rod to be healed. now when you go to a medical instiution aka a institution for healing we see a symbol of a serpent on a rod. what a coincidence. there is a deeper meaning in this. now i know we aren't healed by looking at a serpent on a rod so this story is symbolic

I don't particularly see the context in which you are pointing out this similarity. There are deeper meanings to a lot of things, but it doesn't suggest that everything deep can be sought. There are boundaries to consider.

the only boundaries are those you place on yourself.

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    @beenwise. It funny how on one end you blame the Bible for people's arrogance and on the other you point to verses that could provoke it if not properly understood. Jeremiah 17:9 says that the heart is deceitful and beyond cure...meaning nothing within ourselves is worthy.

The people of the day was looking for the Kingdom of ? to be established like a nation forms a government. The Pharisees were looking for actual buildings to be built and Jesus was saying pretty much that it doesn't work that way. The Kingdom of ? is going to be established within the people he calls to himself.

Bs if they were told the kingdom of ? was within them why would that only apply to them and not everyone? They only had it in them?

Jesus didn't say that as some pep talk like..."You can do it!!! The Kingdom of ? is inside you!!!" He said it to the Pharisees as way of saying that the kingdom is not going to be some physical place to go to...which is what they had in mind.

Smfh the kingdom of ? is within you because the true ? exist in all things duh! Its that ? simple.

If it was that simple, "Christians" would all be in agreement with you. Jesus was telling this to Pharisees; people whose only interest in keeping the laws of the land was to indulge in their self righteousness. You really ought to consider the verses that talks about sin and how much no one can attain righteousness.
  • alissowack

I don't particularly see the context in which you are pointing out this similarity. There are deeper meanings to a lot of things, but it doesn't suggest that everything deep can be sought. There are boundaries to consider.

the only boundaries are those you place on yourself.

The issue is not whether I place boundaries on myself. It's whether you believe there is a such thing as boundaries; a such thing as rules and laws that help govern things.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Got into an argument with an old man the other day over this same issue saying Jesus didn't exist. All these Egyptian scrolls and books he referred to and how Sunday was paganistic and Christians adopted it.He knew nothing about what the Bible actually said. Only full of quotes from the bible and somebody who taught him how to interpret it. The craziest conversation in the world. Welcome to the new world. Jesus never existed. We've gone from something nobody denied and hundreds of people walked with him, wrote about him and died for a being that never was. Enjoy this now, because probably by the time we get old the majority will accept it. THis is what happens when people refuse to read. Fact becomes fiction and a lie. Watch everyone that never read the bible start quoting this guy as if his lies are truth. All the regular people and scholars that were not even Christians had irrefutable evidence of Jesus's existence. Now since it's 2000 years later watch everyone start to speak up and second the voice of someone else who they know nothing about and who most likely knows nothing about the bible scriptures begin to falsely critique that which he never studied the truth of anyway. Origen, Josephus, John The Baptist, Paul, Stephen the Martyr and Eusebius never existed either.Ignorance wins. "The lie becomes the truth"-Billie Jean
  • alissowack
    The issues of truth and lies are not limited to religion.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    luke1733 wrote: »
    Got into an argument with an old man the other day over this same issue saying Jesus didn't exist. All these Egyptian scrolls and books he referred to and how Sunday was paganistic and Christians adopted it.He knew nothing about what the Bible actually said. Only full of quotes from the bible and somebody who taught him how to interpret it. The craziest conversation in the world. Welcome to the new world. Jesus never existed. We've gone from something nobody denied and hundreds of people walked with him, wrote about him and died for a being that never was. Enjoy this now, because probably by the time we get old the majority will accept it. THis is what happens when people refuse to read. Fact becomes fiction and a lie. Watch everyone that never read the bible start quoting this guy as if his lies are truth. All the regular people and scholars that were not even Christians had irrefutable evidence of Jesus's existence. Now since it's 2000 years later watch everyone start to speak up and second the voice of someone else who they know nothing about and who most likely knows nothing about the bible scriptures begin to falsely critique that which he never studied the truth of anyway. Origen, Josephus, John The Baptist, Paul, Stephen the Martyr and Eusebius never existed either.Ignorance wins. "The lie becomes the truth"-Billie Jean

It was written my brother, so shall it be done!

"But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered." 2 Peter 2:1-2

? said that the deception will be so great in the last days, that if it were possible, even the elect would be deceived. But thanks be to ? , that the elect can never be deceived! Keep on walking by faith and trusting in the promises of ? my friend. He is with us always, even unto the end of the age! Hallelujah!

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was o one named Jesus but someone named Yeshua. Dude never provided proof and he is a con artist.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why haven't there been any "miracles" since moses and jesus? No other "prophets" or spiritual leaders since their time?? Just a bunch of malarkey
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    armagod wrote: »
    Why haven't there been any "miracles" since moses and jesus? No other "prophets" or spiritual leaders since their time?? Just a bunch of malarkey
    1. Many many ppl in the Bible displayed supernatural ability in the name of the Most High.

2. If you read the Bible, Israel has been cursed, scattered, and cut off from their heritage until Christ returns for not following the Law ? gave them. When He returns, it will visibly be made known who Israel really is and the war between who you may call Illuminati vs ? 's 144,000 chosen ones out of Israel will commence.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judah Back wrote: »
    armagod wrote: »
    1. Many many ppl in the Bible displayed supernatural ability in the name of the Most High.

2. If you read the Bible, Israel has been cursed, scattered, and cut off from their heritage until Christ returns for not following the Law ? gave them. When He returns, it will visibly be made known who Israel really is and the war between who you may call Illuminati vs ? 's 144,000 chosen ones out of Israel will commence.

How convenient??
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭