You Ever Had Someone Close To You Commit Suicide? How Did You React?

Options
Busta Carmichael
Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
Lost one of my bestfriends recently. And it's crazy how he didn't seem depressed last time we spoke.

Did you react differently to someone you knew who got killed vs someone who commited suicide?

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope
    all the ? I know are to ? to ? themselves
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I felt like ? cause the ? still owed me $200
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    People like to call those who ? themselves weak, but you can't really put yourself in their shoes.

I can't call my ? weak at all. He was one of the most mentally strong people I knew. Just had a kid n all.

But sometimes life gets the best out of you. And when you're under the influence, you don't care about ? in your life.

But I still have the same respect as if his life would've been taken another way.
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The white girl who sat beside me in 8th grade science (clearly, we had assigned seats) hung herself in her closet because other classmates laughed at her "My Greatest Aspiration in Life is..." project. She did her project on wanting to be a manager at a local supermarket. And she was serious.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew two kids...One in middle school and one in high scholl that did...My ex attempted but somebody saved her before it was too late...I almost did a few times...The actual loss doesn't really feel much different than somebody dyin any other way...You just wonder what it really was that pushed them to that point...And if you believe in a religious afterlife, you wonder what it'll be like for them...

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The white girl who sat beside me in 8th grade science (clearly, we had assigned seats) hung herself in her closet because other classmates laughed at her "My Greatest Aspiration in Life is..." project. She did her project on wanting to be a manager at a local supermarket. And she was serious.

hilarious
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options

lol a supermarket manager tho?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    I knew two kids...One in middle school and one in high scholl that did...My ex attempted but somebody saved her before it was too late...I almost did a few times...The actual loss doesn't really feel much different than somebody dyin any other way...You just wonder what it really was that pushed them to that point...And if you believe in a religious afterlife, you wonder what it'll be like for them...

That's what im sayin. Until you had someone close to you commit it then you don't really know how it feel.

I've seen some ignorant internet thugs talking bout "nah i wouldn't go to my brothers funeral if he killed himself, cuz he a ? "

I would feel like my brothers blood was on my hands if he died. Because i saw him depressed and suicidal and didn't do ? . Sometimes people just need someone in your life.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    one of my good friends killed himself because his moms died of cancer then 2 weeks later his pops and 4 month old son was killed in a car accident. everyone was ? up over that ? but of course he was devastated. his cousin found him like a week after the accident. with a bullet to the dome
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is no appropriate reaction for this post.

Question: Did you laugh?
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People like to call those who ? themselves weak, but you can't really put yourself in their shoes.

I can't call my ? weak at all. He was one of the most mentally strong people I knew. Just had a kid n all.

But sometimes life gets the best out of you. And when you're under the influence, you don't care about ? in your life.

But I still have the same respect as if his life would've been taken another way.

Him killing himself kinda contradicts that

Naw...Not really...It depends on the reason...There's weak reasons and there's reasons that actually make someone who couldn't commit suicide look ? ...
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »

This is no appropriate reaction for this post.

Question: Did you laugh?

I would dishonor the Black Creator if I did not praise It with my gleeful laughter. #WhiteDeathIsRightDeath
  • Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No but.... back in 2002 when I was working at McDonald's we stopped our night manager from taking a bunch of pills. She was all depressed cause her man left her for someone else. She was crying off and on that night, I Heard the crying and ran to the office , she has the bottle her mouth like it's a 40oz. I grabbed her neck so she won't swallow. And everyone else jumped in. We were all crying that night
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Antlerz wrote: »
    No but.... back in 2002 when I was working at McDonald's we stopped our night manager from taking a bunch of pills. She was all depressed cause her man left her for someone else. She was crying off and on that night, I Heard the crying and ran to the office , she has the bottle her mouth like it's a 40oz. I grabbed her neck so she won't swallow. And everyone else jumped in. We were all crying that night

crying ass treehuggers
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he cried cause his manager's husband left her or something

makes sense
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my ? tried to ? himself by overdosing on pills. he got rushed to the hospital and they saved his life.

he was is school and everything but his dad lost his job and parents got divorced. his dad then became homeless and tried to ? himself by jumping into the detroit river but some guy who was fishing rescued him and he got rushed to the hospital and survived. then his mom got diagnosed with breast cancer again for the 3rd time.

it was crazy when he sent me and everybody else this bible verse text i knew something was up and thats when i called him and he told me he tried to ? himself and didnt want to live anymore. i aint never cried so much b4 in my life.

turns out he is bi polar and was actually placed in a nut house for a month. thankfully he is fine now as long as he continues to take his meds he will be ok.
  • Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

my ? why was you cryin tho?

Because she was crying and the crew started crying and me, I couldn't believe I saved a white girl from suicide
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Antlerz wrote: »

my ? why was you cryin tho?

Because she was crying and the crew started crying and me, I couldn't believe I saved a white girl from suicide

Don't bring the crew in this to try save face
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Three of my cousins did it. Two in prison hung themselves and one jumped off a bridge into the river. Didn't go to one of their funerals. Cowards In my eyes. As long as you're alive there is an opportunity to make things right for yourself and others. Killing yourself is the weak option IMO.

let's say you were wrongfully jailed for life, and got passed around jail. Constantly beaten and ? nh
    And this would continue until the day you die. Let's say you weren't religious at all and didn't believe in sin. Someone offered you a pill that would ? you. You'd say "nah i'm good with tossing sallads b" ?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    let's say they'd ? mom dukes and your family if you made a move
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    which method of suicide did he use?
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wouldn't say we were close. My uncle killed himself and his ex-girlfriend in my mom's car.

He tricked my mom into going into her basement to look for something. He locked her in there, then stole her car. Drove to where his ex-girlfriend worked, and kidnapped her. Drove around for awhile, and then found an empty parking lot. Shot her in the head, then shot himself.

They have a son which we will never see again, as her parents have custody of him. All of this hit my mom really hard, as they were close to each other. As for me, I really didn't feel anything for my uncle. I felt like what he did was selfish. He could have gotten help, he could have made better decisions, hell, he could have made the changes needed to be a better person... But he chose to ? off everyone for his own self serving reasons. No way for me to empathize, when there were so many other options available. No sympathy for leaving his child motherless and fatherless.
  • juanconeja
    juanconeja Members Posts: 14
    Options
    A knee ? reaction to emotional hardship, it's just a knee ? that leaves you dead, certain reasons may to us seem lame I agree. I am more of the mind everything that happens, happens in and of it's own time and accord, we all have to die sometime and that was their time. I feel a lot of people get mad because, they were left behind on that final road trip, thinking they were so close why wasn't I invited or told we was leaving. Don't hate the dead or even grieve because they made the finish line before you, be happy that in the pain of life they finally have peace or the peace they wanted or needed.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No one that i would say was very close to me. One of my best friends since i was a kid attempted but luckily they were able to save him at the hospital. I know 2 kids that did it tho. One was the brother of a girl i hung out with a lot. Other guy was this kid we partied with all the time. Went home after a party got a call the next morning saying he hung himself.