You Ever Had Someone Close To You Commit Suicide? How Did You React?

Comments

• s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how people say someone is a coward for killing themselves. Well I'm a ? because I'm too much of a coward to ? myself.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This car from my hometown bad a tattoo that said "don't stop fighting until you hear the 21 guns."

Well the dude heard one gun. That he used to shoot himself in the head.

Everyone was all super sad, and I was sad too, but the first thing i always think is "how selfish"
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my peoples did it. ? had me, my wife, and my sisters all types of ? up when it happened.

http://www.villagevoice.com/2007-07-24/nyc-life/the-death-of-disco/

disco_d_thedopeden.jpg

Dave was the lil homie. I didn't know he was bipolar/manic-depressive and that's ultimately what did him in.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my peoples did it. ? had me, my wife, and my sisters all types of ? up when it happened.

disco_d_thedopeden.jpg

Dave was the lil homie. I didn't know he was bipolar/manic-depressive and that's ultimately what did him in.

He made "Ski Mask Way" for 50 Cent didnt he?
  • konceptjones
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

disco_d_thedopeden.jpg

He made "Ski Mask Way" for 50 Cent didnt he?

Yup. And "City of Gods" for AZ.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Damn he was only 15 when he produced for 50?
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    My uncle was dying of cancer and tired of being sick ....he took his life about 5 years ago. His son was so depressed from losing is dad that a year later he took his own life at his dads grave . I have mixed feelings bexause I know my uncle was miserable and in a lot if pain . I think my cousin was being selfish.

When I was just out of high school my best friend was killed in a murder/suicide by her boyfriend ....i knew him too. It really messed us all up because they were broken up and he apparently came by to go thru pics . Their 2 ur old son was asleep in the other room when it happened.
  • konceptjones
    Damn he was only 15 when he produced for 50?

naw, he was in his 20's by then. When I first met Dave he was only 17; that was late '97/early '98.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    My bad. I thought it said 1990
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have known 3 people commit suicide... one i knew in middle school... one i knew in high school... one i was cool with in the military... none of them seemed depressed... they all was pretty popular actually...
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. No one close to me. But i wouldnt judge the dead same as i dont judge the living.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2013

disco_d_thedopeden.jpg

Alot of people dont' get diagnosed with a mental illness until after they try something like this...they're also far less likely to reach out to anyone about their issues because a good portion of people will do what some in this thread have and call them weak, ? , etc. hence whey so many close to them say "I never saw it coming." when really they're going through something even they don't even really understand. That's much different from "Oh no, my s/o left me and I can't live w/o them" but unfortunately they get the same reactions
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost one of my bestfriends recently. And it's crazy how he didn't seem depressed last time we spoke.

Did you react differently to someone you knew who got killed vs someone who commited suicide?

they say people who commit suicide usually show no sign of depression or anything wrong going on in their lives.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death is death. Doesn't matter how it comes, just know it's coming.

You either accept it and move on or let the loss eat at you.

Suicide is no different from any other cause of death. The results are always the same.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boxing coach killed himself back in 2010. Didn't see it coming. He was talking about going to Seattle to start a new life.

Another friend almost killed himself in 2012, but managed to stop it.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Haven't read a single post yet. But what's the over/under on ? in here saying '? them stupid/weak ? who commit suicide. Good riddance!'?...or some variation? I'll say 11.

Be right back.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple. One of my best friends when I was a lil kid killed himself with drugs. A lot of people say his homeboy told him to take too much so he'd die. And another guy hung himself in his closet after we got back from deployment because his wife was cheating on him. I felt really bad cause all dude talked about was going home to his wife before we got back.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a selfish act

this coming from a ? who was going thru it at a point and considered everything

Now I'm older, and the only people that get hurt are those around you

People leave behind kids and family members and sometimes these people so effected by the randomness of the act, it fuxk up their lives too

You only given one life, why give up cause you facing adversity

What's worth given up on a once in a lifetime thing
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    R.D. wrote: »
    It's a selfish act

this coming from a ? who was going thru it at a point and considered everything

Now I'm older, and the only people that get hurt are those around you

People leave behind kids and family members and sometimes these people so effected by the randomness of the act, it fuxk up their lives too

You only given one life, why give up cause you facing adversity

What's worth given up on a once in a lifetime thing

You are completely right that in itself suicide if a selfish act. What people often don't consider though is the mind of a suicidal person already isn't working on normal people logic so to expect rationale thought and criticize a depressed/suicidal person for not doing that really hurts more than it helps
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all seem to think that ery person who commits suicide is facing great adversity and folds...Naw...Some people literally want to die...Some people feel as though it's something better waiting on them...Some people do erthing they wanna do in life, or reach whatever age they wanted to reach and they end life on their terms...Speaking of terms, some people have a certain way they want to die, and that's how they do it...Like I said, it's about the reason...
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bestfriend since Kindergarten killed himself 2 years ago like 5 days before Christmas. He got into a argument with his girl and she called the cops so he took his son and started running towards the road with him, a lot of people said he was gonna take the baby with him but he threw him in a ditch and ran out infront of a truck. ? had me all ? up, I aint even go to the funeral.

Then in March this year my boy Jared killed himself, even though I hadn't known him longer than my other friend his death hit me hardest cause he was somebody who was always happy and jokin around, a few people said he even called them saying that he was sad and needed somebody to talk to but it was like nobody took him serious until it was too late. I was mad as ? about that cause I felt it could of been prevented if one of the people he called would of took him serious.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it selfish, isn't family members thinking the person should stay alive just because selfish as well? Especially if the person doesn't have kids.
  • damobb2deep
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    A couple. One of my best friends when I was a lil kid killed himself with drugs. A lot of people say his homeboy told him to take too much so he'd die. And another guy hung himself in his closet after we got back from deployment because his wife was cheating on him. I felt really bad cause all dude talked about was going home to his wife before we got back.

that ? would hurt i kno... smh people (military wives) can be very ratchet/selfish if you marry the wrong one..
  • damobb2deep
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    Y'all seem to think that ery person who commits suicide is facing great adversity and folds...Naw...Some people literally want to die...Some people feel as though it's something better waiting on them...Some people do erthing they wanna do in life, or reach whatever age they wanted to reach and they end life on their terms...Speaking of terms, some people have a certain way they want to die, and that's how they do it...Like I said, it's about the reason...

an example of this is the elephant man...(not the reggae artists cuz i kno sombody wants 2 make that weak ass joke)