Damn The Official Tupac couldn't make a hit without a feature thread.

13»

Comments

• Jewpac
    Jewpac Members Posts: 267 ✭✭
    My least favorite Inca king
  • ScottTrippin
    ScottTrippin Members Posts: 12
    If u weren't alive when that era was Poppin there's no way you can relate or feel what was really going on. That's like me watching the JFK assassination trying to understand how the nation felt when I wasn't alive...A lot of you don't and won't be able to understand tupacs legacy cuz u was born after he died...If u wasn't a person that actually went to the store a purchacednjis music you just a immature kid trying to analyze something u ain't qualified to analyze...
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Burnnnn this fuckery thread.....
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't think of one besides So Many Tearz ... But I don't know if that would be considered a "Hit" tho
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't think of one besides So Many Tearz ... But I don't know if that would be considered a "Hit" tho

It was A single off an Album that sold 5 Million Copies..why not?

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's people in this thread wgo has no idea what pac did pre all eyez on me.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know ... You can drop songs off a hot album that don't make the song a hit in itself

I was really asking the question .. Since I haven't looked up the chart info on it
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    A hit is defined buy how well it charted on the billboard hot 100 chart
  • TrillRussell

I don't know ... You can drop songs off a hot album that don't make the song a hit in itself

I was really asking the question .. Since I haven't looked up the chart info on it

It was top 50 on the top 100 top 25 on R&B charts and Top 10 on The Hip Hop Charts..It wasn't the biggest hit on Me Against the World..But It was A hit nonetheless
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And younger generation wonders why they get no respect
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? this thread.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If some people in this thread bothered to watch any interviews of Pac or about Pac after his death, it's already been explained that one of the reasons, especially later in his career, why he didn't do his own hooks was b/c he was trying to churn out as much material as possible since he was paranoid about death. He would record the verses and send them out for the hooks to be placed on. He spent days in the studio recording his verses, and send them out for features and hooks while he recorded more songs. It's why he has such an extensive posthumous catalogue and why they were able to remix so many of his songs.

It wasn't particularly b/c he couldn't do it, it's b/c he wanted to record everything he had written down. I remember watching a video a while back about him in the studio and he was recording and telling the producers to worry about mastering the songs later, and how he was there to churn out song-after-song as quickly as he could. He didn't want to waste time waiting for every song to be perfected before doing the next one. So this tactic of sending it off for hooks was done for maximum efficiency.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What features did pac have on his first three albums? Go! And he did have hits on all of them.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    sully wrote: »
    If some people in this thread bothered to watch any interviews of Pac or about Pac after his death, it's already been explained that one of the reasons, especially later in his career, why he didn't do his own hooks was b/c he was trying to churn out as much material as possible since he was paranoid about death. He would record the verses and send them out for the hooks to be placed on. He spent days in the studio recording his verses, and send them out for features and hooks while he recorded more songs. It's why he has such an extensive posthumous catalogue and why they were able to remix so many of his songs.

It wasn't particularly b/c he couldn't do it, it's b/c he wanted to record everything he had written down. I remember watching a video a while back about him in the studio and he was recording and telling the producers to worry about mastering the songs later, and how he was there to churn out song-after-song as quickly as he could. He didn't want to waste time waiting for every song to be perfected before doing the next one. So this tactic of sending it off for hooks was done for maximum efficiency.

How come @usmarine said he wrote the hooks? But atleast he aware now that he didn't write them so the featured singer basically wrote the hooks as well
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭

So your saying once your album goes platinum all the tracks on the cd are hits?Tell me if I got you
  • TrillRussell
    MrJR wrote: »

So your saying once your album goes platinum all the tracks on the cd are hits?Tell me if I got you

Nope.you got it wrong..It was a single that charted decently...A single is what draws people in and makes them want to buy the album..and so many Tearz was one of the lead singles off Me Against the World so...It was a hit
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    Tearz was not a hit me against the world wasn't that big of an album
  • youngbloodp
    youngbloodp Members Posts: 11
    Threadstarter you are a ? ass. Pac had hooks ? . Just cuz he wasn't singing like these flaw ass ? do now don't mean ? . Pac hooks had emotion and compassion. ? be acting like ? singing and ? . That's not rap or hip hop. That's that ? ? that have you ? wearing all these lil ass clothes