What is the best album and the worst album from your fave rapper just 1 album for best and worst

2»

Comments

• GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Lol how people getting flagged in here and they just dropped they opinion?

Thread says fave rapper not rappers so the thread clearly says 1 rapper

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GunTown wrote: »

Since when is ? sticking to the thread topic on here though? Let's not do the ? when it's convenient. I bring that point up all the time and ? be ready to catch a body. Don't bring that ? up NOW. Lol.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun wrote: »
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    Jay:
    Best: RD
    Worst: Dynasty (probably)

You wildin' with this one bruh. Dynasty is a good-great album IMO. How you pick that before BP3, Kingdome Come, BP2 (not that bad but clearly too much filler & the overall sound was too off & glossy for Jay, minus a couple songs) etc?

I said 'probably' because I think Vol 3 is on the same level as Dynasty. It's not a BAD album, but I could take it or leave it.

I actually like BP3 a lot. What exactly was wrong with that album? Let's talk about it. I hear a lot of cats ? on it but I don't ever hear anyone say why specifically. What songs were sack on there?

As far as Kingdom Come, there are a lot of strong songs on there, very few ? songs and a few mediocre joints. It's definitely listenable. What records on there you think are terrible?

I ain't letting this ? go. Somebody get in here and tell me what's so ? about BP3.
  • GunTown
    GunTown wrote: »

Since when is ? sticking to the thread topic on here though? Let's not do the ? when it's convenient. I bring that point up all the time and ? be ready to catch a body. Don't bring that ? up NOW. Lol.

yeah it's true a lotta threads get off topic i don't see why he had to put Nas tho dude just had to pick wat he feels was Jays best and worst album
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Jay:

You wildin' with this one bruh. Dynasty is a good-great album IMO. How you pick that before BP3, Kingdome Come, BP2 (not that bad but clearly too much filler & the overall sound was too off & glossy for Jay, minus a couple songs) etc?

I said 'probably' because I think Vol 3 is on the same level as Dynasty. It's not a BAD album, but I could take it or leave it.

I actually like BP3 a lot. What exactly was wrong with that album? Let's talk about it. I hear a lot of cats ? on it but I don't ever hear anyone say why specifically. What songs were sack on there?

As far as Kingdom Come, there are a lot of strong songs on there, very few ? songs and a few mediocre joints. It's definitely listenable. What records on there you think are terrible?

I kinda feel the same way about "Kingdome Come" that you do about "Dynasty". It's not a horrible album but it's not a highlight either IMO. Plus there are some wack joints on there IMO.

As far a "BP3", c'mon son. You know you wouldnt feel the same way if it wasnt a Jigga album. I ? with "D.O.A.". & "Empire State Of Mind". "Real As It Gets", "Already Home", "Thank You" were cool & i guess "Run This Town" was aight for what it was, which generally aint for me.

Sonically - weak, IMO. He clearly was trying to experiment & found a sound that were familiar to the mainstream, which necessarely aint bad, but in this case it was. Even the album cover kinda hints at it. Lyrically - very mediocre, minus maybe songs like "D.O.A." & another one here & there & things like that

That's the thing. "Kingdome Come" definitely had better lyricism & topics compared to "BP3". "BP3" was just weak.
  • mryounggun
    Jay:

I kinda feel the same way about "Kingdome Come" that you do about "Dynasty". It's not a horrible album but it's not a highlight either IMO. Plus there are some wack joints on there IMO.

As far a "BP3", c'mon son. You know you wouldnt feel the same way if it wasnt a Jigga album. I ? with "D.O.A.". & "Empire State Of Mind". "Real As It Gets", "Already Home", "Thank You" were cool & i guess "Run This Town" was aight for what it was, which generally aint for me.

Sonically - weak, IMO. He clearly was trying to experiment & found a sound that were familiar to the mainstream, which necessarely aint bad, but in this case it was. Even the album cover kinda hints at it. Lyrically - very mediocre, minus maybe songs like "D.O.A." & another one here & there & things like that

That's the thing. "Kingdome Come" definitely had better lyricism & topics compared to "BP3". "BP3" was just weak.

Good ? . This is what I'm talking about.

But be more specific though. What songs you think were sack? Everything besides the ones you named?

Because 'Star Is Born' was dope, in concept and execution. Both Jay and Cole were spitting.

He was SPITTING real ? on 'On to the next one'. Especially that last verse.

I could take leave 'Off That' sonically. But he was spitting a bit on it.

Venus vs Mars I could take or leave but it wasn't a BAD record.

Once you get past the wack Hook on 'Hater's, be was spitting. Especially his first verse.

Reminder was dope in concept and execution, as well.

I think the issue here is that a lot of ? feel like different = bad. To me, he got busy on BP3 front to back.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Z

Best: Blueprint
    Worst: Blueprint 3
    (I personally don't think it's a bad album at all but if you made me choose my LEST favorite it'd be this one)
  • GunTown
    Damn this low key turned into a Jay Z thread and as is obvious by now i'm not a fan of Jay Z's music at all lol
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay:

Good ? . This is what I'm talking about.

But be more specific though. What songs you think were sack? Everything besides the ones you named?

Because 'Star Is Born' was dope, in concept and execution. Both Jay and Cole were spitting.

He was SPITTING real ? on 'On to the next one'. Especially that last verse.

I could take leave 'Off That' sonically. But he was spitting a bit on it.

Venus vs Mars I could take or leave but it wasn't a BAD record.

Once you get past the wack Hook on 'Hater's, be was spitting. Especially his first verse.

Reminder was dope in concept and execution, as well.

I think the issue here is that a lot of ? feel like different = bad. To me, he got busy on BP3 front to back.

@bolded

That's true, but in general. I don't feel like i've ever been one of those ppl, even on here.

To answer your question, "Ghetto Techno", "Hate" were wack. Songs you mentioned were pretty mediocre tho, talmbout "Off That", "Reminder" & all that. The thing is the supposed "good songs" just doesnt stand out that much too me. They might be good relatively, but doesnt make those good songs outside of that.