SOLOMAN THE WISE : REASON 'S FINEST

Comments

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh sounds like Jay is mad inconsistent with his "rules"

Maybe that ? is "racist" Ijs

Boy if I had a dime for everytime I been banned for being a real ? I'll be rich af
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @solomanthewise

Last question before we fo deeper in your physical life

What would you have done differently in the IC this last decade?

What do you regret?

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    "Before we go deeper in your physical"- lemzola
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    "Before we go deeper in your physical"- lemzola

Stew no!!! :)

You and Samson are merciless i swear
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Lmfao he said stew no but smiles at him lmfao
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY

Come on bruh... you know better.
  • OmegaConflict
    edited December 2013

That ? did smile tho smmfh
    Lemzola thinks he's arsenio hall.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    People do not disturb @solomanthewise

You have no sense of respect... smh
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMFBAO homie you have to work on your vernacular give me a sec I will respond to your question...

oh yeah FYI @ does not work with me due to my screen name structure...
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    lemzola wrote: »
    @solomanthewise

Last question before we fo deeper in your physical life

What would you have done differently in the IC this last decade?

What do you regret?

I do not think I would have done anything differently, I would like to say that if anything I would have been more vocal to all as I just chose to in a lot of cases not participate in the fuckery and not address it. If i had the ability I would have made more consolidation of the musical sections so artists here would be able to build instead of having talent separated by forum designations and more connectivity would be made to the general site to the illcommunity...

I would have destroyed a couple more Trolls entirety, lol naw no real regrets hind sight is 20/20 and I can see a lot of ? now that I was willfully ignorant of but it is what it is. Live and learn and grow or stay stagnant and die aka Adapt or Perish...
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to read all of this but I ain't that bored
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Soloman the wise

what inspire you to be a DJ? What is your definition of DJing ?

What do you think of the actual place of the DJ recently?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited January 2014
    Soloman the wise

what inspire you to be a DJ? What is your definition of DJing ?

What do you think of the actual place of the DJ recently?

I apologize for the long break I have my Granddaughter who is 5 months right now and had to change her feed her and put her down for a nap so I could not respond as quick as I would have liked...

I started DJ'ing in the early 90's when it still seemed to be something I could scratch a lil but mostly I was great at getting the party moving and picking the right songs(Had a huge music library). I would also do the occasional cypher and freestyle but loved Dj'ing and that lead to me making Mixtapes and beat production. I grew up around the studio My uncle Todd Brown who is a only a few years older then I, has been well known out here since the 80's for his vocals and production work and he is still grinding hard in the industry so I have been immersed in a lot of aspects of it all from a young age.

To me Dj'ing is one of the prime elements in hiphop and they were the original producers. Sadly now a days they seem to be relegated to playing a corporate selected set of things and no longer are given the same level of creativity or respect as rap continues to be separated from the greater whole of HipHop. In part you can blame that on the copyright issues involved with sampling the rest is due to the HipHop culture being pushed aside for Hip Pop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nFG-kdr6pU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ma88G5RMg

added a few recent Joints from my fam...
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    CONFLICT wrote: »
    Smh sounds like Jay is mad inconsistent with his "rules"

Maybe that ? is "racist" Ijs

Boy if I had a dime for everytime I been banned for being a real ? I'll be rich af

as to your Jay point I feel like Jay rather sit back and let us figure it out and prefers to let hings grow organically for the good or bad. He seems to not be as concerned with the rules as he is with the effects on the overall community at that moment. So for him to intervene ? has to be way out there...
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    ? , im really in America interviewing a 90's DJ.

#everythingispossible
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Solomonthewise

Can you tell us about the way you select your instrumentals?

Where do you find that inspiration?

How much time can you stay in the studio?

Any recordings anecdotes?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solomon Grundy >>>>>>
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Soloman the wise

What do you think of DJ CLUE , JAZZY JEFF, CUT KILLER, THE EXECUTIONERS?

Im a fan of the executioners, rip to Roc Raida. Have you ever seen them spinnin?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited January 2014
    Solomonthewise

Can you tell us about the way you select your instrumentals?

Where do you find that inspiration?

How much time can you stay in the studio?

Any recordings anecdotes?

I am old School and I love things with samples as I do a lot of sampling myself. I can make a beat from scratch with a triton and protools or cubase also so do not get it twisted. as too the instrumentals it is whatever I am really feeling at the time. I just feel that we draw a stronger connection when a sample is used properly. I am hoping that aspect of the game is brought back Kanye was doing it great for a sec but now a lot of his works too techno/euro for my tastes.

I find inspirations in my everyday Life and watching the things that happen in the world I tend to be an observer outside of the crowd which can get a lot of hate because I do not follow the same trends as the rest of the sheeples who will blindly follow and go against their best interests to fit in.

In the past few years I spent zero time in a real studio have not been in a full out studio since 2007. That said the laptop has taken the place of a studio for me when it comes to doing a remix or mastering I can do it all on the same tool I am using to type to you now. My touch screen windows 8.1 dell can do a all the studio work with out all the bulky equipment. I have been using the program Reason on and off on prior PC's and now I use adobe for making mixtapes or remixes.

Plenty of funny events have happened in the studio best one happened at the Hogg House Studio here just outside of Seattle. The Label head BD had a pit named Caliber and he was a savage to anyone he did not know. Well a local college radio DJ came in to get some new Music BD had mixed and reached out to pet Caliber after being warned got his hand torn up. BD is a monster of a man 7 foot 1 and at the time about 380 lbs he snatched up Caliber by 1 hand and threw him back across the room, then preceded to warn homie that the incident was his fault and he did not want to have anything come of it I swear homie wet himself as there was a wet spot on the couch after he left to get his hand stitched up. The rest of the good anecdotes I cannot really speak on word to Edward Snowden lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6vRqHWzWqI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqEHiChLD5I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX_xA5V_Sqc

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman the wise

What do you think of DJ CLUE , JAZZY JEFF, CUT KILLER, THE EXECUTIONERS?

Im a fan of the executioners, rip to Roc Raida. Have you ever seen them spinnin?
    I think they are all great at what they do unfortunately they do not get the limelight they deserve. Jazzy jeff is the best example of that when you contrast his career with Will Smith(I really hope that will keeps the homie eating well lol)...
    Naw I have not seen any of them spin live...
  • OmegaConflict
    @thatdamnjay doesn't care about black people
    kanye_nbc.jpg
  • OmegaConflict
    Free my ? solo he ain't even DO NOTHING! !
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    CONFLICT wrote: »
    Free my ? solo he ain't even DO NOTHING! !

Bruh let me sleep . He s not banned.

• GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Big up Solomon a real vet and a 2pac fan he supports some dope rappers
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.