Wu Tang Clan vs A Tribe Called Quest

Antwuan89
Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who Do You Think Was A Better Overall Hip-Hop Group?

Which Hip-Hop Group Do You Think Made A Bigger Impact?

Which Hip-Hop Group Has A Better Discography?

Comments

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wu for all three. That doesn't take away from ATCQ. They're one of my favourite groups, but the Wu is just too powerful and too influential on the history of hip hop.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People dont understand the early wu solo albums were damn near group projects anyway. Look at the features on liquid swordz.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's always hard to compare two different era's but with the wu and tribe you got better overall emcee's in the wu, they was like the justice league or x-men or some ? . tribe had better overall material when you judging from a classical perspective. plus it's almost like the wu is diminishing their legacy and after the death of odb they never could be the same.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tip and Phife is good, but Wu Tang is the best......Cant take ? away from Tribe, their first three albums are on par with anything that the Wu released, group or solo
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Antwuan89 wrote: »
    Who Do You Think Was A Better Overall Hip-Hop Group?

Which Hip-Hop Group Do You Think Made A Bigger Impact?

Which Hip-Hop Group Has A Better Discography?

Better overall hip hop group: A Tribe Called Quest; fusing jazz & hip hop & with radio play

Bigger impact: Wu Tang Clan; You know damn well you see more of the Wu-Tang symbol in one day

t88zl2.gif more than you'll ever see the A Tribe Called Quests symbol

d5wg2.jpg
    Look familiar? Didnt think so.

Better Discography: A Tribe Called Quest- Hands Down
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

WU

Is Tribe considered a group because of in house production?
    Q-Tip carried that group on the mic .... Phife was the weakest link who would have a hard time on the mic trying to handle Spliff Star.
    Putting them up against Wu ...... T/S don't have the answers ......
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wu-Tang holds it down.

Plus, Wu-Tang is for the children. Too bad these ? babies ain't listening. I blame Soulja Boy.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall already know who I got but tribe is the second GOAT group
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wu is the G.O.A.T Group ... Solo... whatever. Protect ya neck!
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to love A Tribe Called Quest when they were out. Midnight Marauders and Enter the Wu:36 Chambers came out on the same day in Nov 1993. Both classics.

I'd say A Tribe called Quest has better beats but Wu Tang are better MCs.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say Wu is better then Tribe as a group. However, I prefer Wu and I think they are better MC's. I do think that Musically Q-Tip and Tribe's sound has been just as influential in Hip Hop Music as RZA and the Wu's sound.
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent question. I can respect either decision you decide on this one.. i love and appreciate both..but,the Wu gets my vote. C.R.E.A.M video changed my life..gritty New York in its glory.. Ghostface All That I Got Is You is a masterpiece to me.. ODB You Don't Wanna ? Wit Me is off key, aggresive outburst goodness.. and Verbal Intercourse is one of the greatest songs ever made..but the same can be argued about ATCQ and their catalog..but Wu had a greater impact on me..so..The Wu is my choice. Salute both legendary groups