Fantasy Finals: Which Squad You Rollin With...?

Options
the ghost
the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
to win it all?

PG - Gary Payton
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Charles Barkley
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Pat Ewing

PG - Isiah Thomas
SG - Clyde Drexler
SF - Lebron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Hakeem Olajuwon

PG - John Stockton
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Scottie Pippen
PF - Karl Malone
C - Shaquille O'Neal

PG - Magic Johnson
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Larry Bird
PF - Kevin McHale
C - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Fantasy Finals: Which Squad You Rollin With? 16 votes

Squad 1
18%
the ghostRiGGAHyenaKilla 3 votes
Squad 2
31%
coop9889Young GunnerA$AP_A$TONAristo_V300SuperSoaker 5 votes
Squad 3
31%
NothingButTheTruthnumbaz...80's babyD.Originalblu197Parallel 5 votes
Squad 4
18%
will grimeyCymicaldaneits....JOHN B 3 votes

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Squad 4
    That was tough
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Squad 4
    You got Barkley out of his natural position and choke artist Ewing on squad 1, Karl Malone would of tried to smash on Kobe's wife there would of been locker room issues with that squad, squad 2 and squad 4 would battle in a 7 game series but I think Magic and Bird would will that team to a win with explosive Wade, maybe the most talented offensive post playing power forward in Mchale and arguably the goat center with the unstoppable sky hook
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D wade is overrated. ..that's the 4 best 2 guard of all time too you
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • the ghost
    the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Squad 2
    Perfect balance
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Squad 4
    Im a Celtics fan who feels sick about that Kris Humphries wears the green
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Squad 3
    I chose Team 3 because of chemistry and matchups.

Kobe and Shaq, Stockton and Malone, and Scottie's the glue. In his prime he was a multidimensional player who could guard and play multiple positions.

Prime Kobe and Pippen on the best perimeter scorers would make it extremely hard for the other teams to get any kind of rhythm on the wing. That combined with Kobe's scoring ability and range and Shaq bullying the opposing team's big men is what sets them apart.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Squad 3
    Squad 3 is the best.... U got the best PG/PF combo ever and the greatest duo ever (Shaq&Kobe) then you add Scottie (top 5 defender ever) with Kobe and that's basically Mj and Scottie all over again...
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Squad 4

Kobe and Shaq, Stockton and Malone, and Scottie's the glue. In his prime he was a multidimensional player who could guard and play multiple positions.

Prime Kobe and Pippen on the best perimeter scorers would make it extremely hard for the other teams to get any kind of rhythm on the wing. That combined with Kobe's scoring ability and range and Shaq bullying the opposing team's big men is what sets them apart.

Actually team 4 would be a terrible matchup for team 3, Pippen would have to stalk Bird just to slow him down, Stockton would have to cover Wade and Wade is eating his lunch everytime, Pippens not going to be able to help defensively because of Bird's ability to score anywhere on the floor, if Kobe leaves Magic to help Wade would kick it out to Magic now Malone or Shaq have to help defensively and once you leave the leading scorer of all time open or one of the greatest offensive power forwards open even for a split second Magic is finding them everytime, one on one matchups the only real advantage is Kobe over Wade, you can argue Malone but Mchale would eat his lunch everytime, but the iq, the impeccable ball movement, the unselfishness, the ability to score anywhere on the floor, and the defensive matchups team 4 wins everytime
  • blu197
    Options
    Squad 3

Actually team 4 would be a terrible matchup for team 3, Pippen would have to stalk Bird just to slow him down, Stockton would have to cover Wade and Wade is eating his lunch everytime, Pippens not going to be able to help defensively because of Bird's ability to score anywhere on the floor, if Kobe leaves Magic to help Wade would kick it out to Magic now Malone or Shaq have to help defensively and once you leave the leading scorer of all time open or one of the greatest offensive power forwards open even for a split second Magic is finding them everytime, one on one matchups the only real advantage is Kobe over Wade, you can argue Malone but Mchale would eat his lunch everytime, but the iq, the impeccable ball movement, the unselfishness, the ability to score anywhere on the floor, and the defensive matchups team 4 wins everytime

I would have no problem keeping Stockton on Magic b/c even tho there's a obvious height difference Stockton is no slouch on D (he does lead the NBA in steals all time) they're both not athletic and Magic isn't going to take over a game with his scoring..

Scottie's only purpose would be to shut down Bird (which he can do if we talkin Primes) and idc what you say McHale isn't stopping Malone in the post or pick in roll..

Kobe and Wade will probly match as far as impact just that Kobe will give you 5-10 more pts while Wade will give you about 3 more rebounds and 2 more steals..

Kareem and Shaq is onesided in Kareem's favor it'll jus be Kareen vs Wilt 2.0

So overall

Stockton>>>Magic (b/c he's a defender, can spread the floor with his shooting and is just as good if not better at setting up his teammates)

Kobe=Wade

Bird<Scottie (Great Offensive player with Bad D>Great Defensive player with solid O)

Malone>McHale

Kareem>>Shaq

So with Kareem being the only real advantage squad 3 should win in 6

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    Squad 4
    Miss me with that Pippen>Bird talk, Bird could drop 40 on Pippen any given, you don't know what your talking about my dude, as far putting Stockton on Magic well your just making it easier on team 4, Magic will exploit that matchup everytime, he's won championships having to play center, Stockton wasn't no slouch and one of the greats at stealing the ball but he's not slowing Magic down, that's like making Chris Paul cover Lebron it just can't be done, you don't know much about Mchale I know your like 12 so it is what it is but listen to what your boy Barkley got to say about him
  • blu197
    Options
    Squad 3
    Bird is better than Pip but in this series Pip would be more effective than Bird b/c of what he gives you on both ends while Bird would jus turn into a spot up shooter and won't be able to handle the ball and play point forward due to Magic.... And you can "take advantage" of Stock on Magic if you want but It's been proven if you make him more of a scorer than a playmaker it'll hurt more than help jus like Cp3,Nash,Rondo,Kidd... And i kno McHale a legend but be real, Malome would eat of the pick n roll/pick n pop all game with Kobe or Stockton
  • blu197
    Options
    Squad 3
    I would actually pick squad 1 if Moses Malone was there instead of KG
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Squad 3

Pippen would check Magic and make him work to bring the ball up every time via '91 Finals. It'll disrupt their offense and make it hard for them to get in their sets. Pretty even matchup.

Kobe would check Bird. Kobe can stay in front of Bird and force contested jumpshots. He'll be up for the challenge and win the matchup.

Stockton would guard Wade. Wade has never been able to shoot and dribbles recklessly. Due to Stockton's IQ, Wade would be an easy team guard. Also, no one's giving Wade the ball on a team that talented. Not to mention, Wade sucks at reading picks (word to Ray Allen). Stockton wins this via pick and roll.

Karl on Kevin. Karl can guard him well enough. I'm not sure Mchale would get too many touches with Kareem and Bird on the team. From Karl's POV, bully ball mixed with the pick and roll with Stockton would cause Kevin to wear out. Karl wins that matchup.

Shaq on Kareem. Shaq can't guard him, but he's still bigger and stronger than Kareem by a long shot so Kareem can't guard him either. Even matchup.

In addition, no one on team 4 comes close to guarding or even slowing down prime Kobe. They have no lockdown defenders. Kobe would have his way with that team. I'm talking straight ? on some 50, 60point game ? .
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Squad 3
    blu197 wrote: »

I would have no problem keeping Stockton on Magic b/c even tho there's a obvious height difference Stockton is no slouch on D (he does lead the NBA in steals all time) they're both not athletic and Magic isn't going to take over a game with his scoring..

Scottie's only purpose would be to shut down Bird (which he can do if we talkin Primes) and idc what you say McHale isn't stopping Malone in the post or pick in roll..

Kobe and Wade will probly match as far as impact just that Kobe will give you 5-10 more pts while Wade will give you about 3 more rebounds and 2 more steals..

Kareem and Shaq is onesided in Kareem's favor it'll jus be Kareen vs Wilt 2.0

So overall

Stockton>>>Magic (b/c he's a defender, can spread the floor with his shooting and is just as good if not better at setting up his teammates)

Kobe=Wade

Bird<Scottie (Great Offensive player with Bad D>Great Defensive player with solid O)

Malone>McHale

Kareem>>Shaq

So with Kareem being the only real advantage squad 3 should win in 6

Bruh Stockton can't guard Magic on any level. Magic will take him down low and embarrass him. The second anyone tries to help, Magic will have the ball in whoever that person guards' hand for an easy bucket. Terrible strategy. Put Stockton on Wade's no jumper.

Also, prime Kobe is a million times better than prime Wade. Wade would look like a JV player against Kobe. Kobe's too tall, too good and too smart. Wade gets embarrassed.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Squad 4
    your being completely biased with Bryant acting as if he would be playing the Wade we are watching this season, they have played in their primes, the numbers are almost identical, Kobe got him in scoring by 3 points but Wade got 2 more assists a game, besides the defensive statistics where Wade got him everything else is pretty identical, most importantly Wade got him in the W/L column 10-8, your not giving prime Wade enough credit, and I already knew whatever team they put around Kobe you were going to pick them, you need to put your biased aside because you make a pretty good argument other than that even though I disagree with most of it
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Squad 3
    your being completely biased with Bryant acting as if he would be playing the Wade we are watching this season, they have played in their primes, the numbers are almost identical, Kobe got him in scoring by 3 points but Wade got 2 more assists a game, besides the defensive statistics where Wade got him everything else is pretty identical, most importantly Wade got him in the W/L column 10-8, your not giving prime Wade enough credit, and I already knew whatever team they put around Kobe you were going to pick them, you need to put your biased aside because you make a pretty good argument other than that even though I disagree with most of it

Lol @ bringing up numbers and actually using that to justify who's better at this level. Y'all don't understand the game. Learn the difference between man to man defense, and off-ball defense, stealing the ball from the opponent and playing the passing lane. Understand that the player has to be able to make the shot for you to get an assist. Understand that certain players need touches to be effective and others don't; learn how to observe defensive and offensive tendencies of teams and players alike.

Come to terms that there is a difference between garbage points, flow with the game points, and daggers or clutch shots. Most of you guys are stuck on the surface when it comes to these debates.

Kobe is literally 10 times better than Wade at all facets of the game. Wade is not an all-time great in the general sense. The only SG in the same weight class as Kobe is Jordan. Both Jordan and Kobe are lockdown defenders, both Jordan and Kobe require a lockdown defender and a team effort to even slow them down. No matter who's on the floor, they are game-changing threats and that's only touching the surface.

Kobe has outscored an entire team by himself, Jordan has put up multiple 50 and 60 point games on so-called elite defenders and elite defensive teams. Kobe has hit 12 3's in a game showing his range, scored 81 etc.

Basically, this ? between Wade and Kobe isn't close. Anyone with a good basketball mind aka most of the people listed in the OP, can figure out Wade's game and greatly reduce his efficiency. Anyone with a good offensive skill set can destroy Wade's defense. Wade is not on that level.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Squad 3
    Also, the only reason I mess with Kobe heavy is because he's a basketball genius and his skillset is the greatest I've seen. From what I've witnessed from the outside, I wouldn't like Kobe as a person (at all), and he's not even my favorite player. He's just simply the best.

There's no bias at all, just a difference in philosophy of what makes a great basketball player and difference in opinion on who fills that role the best.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Squad 4

Didn't say he was better, ur just giving one man too much credit and another not enough

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    Squad 4

Lol @ bringing up numbers and actually using that to justify who's better at this level. Y'all don't understand the game. Learn the difference between man to man defense, and off-ball defense, stealing the ball from the opponent and playing the passing lane. Understand that the player has to be able to make the shot for you to get an assist. Understand that certain players need touches to be effective and others don't; learn how to observe defensive and offensive tendencies of teams and players alike.

Come to terms that there is a difference between garbage points, flow with the game points, and daggers or clutch shots. Most of you guys are stuck on the surface when it comes to these debates.

Kobe is literally 10 times better than Wade at all facets of the game. Wade is not an all-time great in the general sense. The only SG in the same weight class as Kobe is Jordan. Both Jordan and Kobe are lockdown defenders, both Jordan and Kobe require a lockdown defender and a team effort to even slow them down. No matter who's on the floor, they are game-changing threats and that's only touching the surface.

Kobe has outscored an entire team by himself, Jordan has put up multiple 50 and 60 point games on so-called elite defenders and elite defensive teams. Kobe has hit 12 3's in a game showing his range, scored 81 etc.

Basically, this ? between Wade and Kobe isn't close. Anyone with a good basketball mind aka most of the people listed in the OP, can figure out Wade's game and greatly reduce his efficiency. Anyone with a good offensive skill set can destroy Wade's defense. Wade is not on that level.

All this non sense yet Wade still has the better W/L in head to head matchups