What Happened to Ahmed Johnson's Push in WWE?

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What Happened to Ahmed Johnson's Push in WWE?

Injuries, getting fat, & he was black!!!
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This dude was over back in 1995-96 but he just couldn't stay healthy. Him joining the Nation was the nail in his characters coffin
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i remember when he was in NOD and there was a brawl with DOA, he was tossed from the ring, and split his hand wide open on the corner of the announcer table. I believe that was the final straw from him when it came to injuries, then Rocky took his spot, and they jumped Ahmed out of the faction.

He took too long to heal from injuries at that, which caused his gut to get bigger.

I remember he later appeared in WCW with Stevie Ray to form the new Harlem Heat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuBaYoZzaQQ

Here's a funny Ahmed story.....
    Ahmed Johnson gained amazing popularity in the WWF but couldn’t stay healthy so he was let go..In 1998, the late independent wrestling promoter Dennis Coraluzzo booked Ahmed Johnson on two shows in New Jersey. Dennis sent referee Fred Rubenstein to pick Johnson up at the hotel. Fred was driving his new Nissan Altima and when Johnson saw the vehicle he said, “You expect me to ride in this?” He then demanded they get him a limousine. Coraluzzo turned down that demand and Johnson refused to leave the hotel and come to the show. When the show started, Coraluzzo got on the mic and told the fans the story, and also claimed Johnson said, “? the fans” to him, which may have not been an accurate quote. Coraluzzo then told the fans the phone number to Johnson’s hotel room, told fans to write it down and call him and tell him what you think about his no-showing. He later had a ring card girl walk through the crowd with a giant sign with Johnson’s phone number. There was a line of fans at the pay phone in the lobby of the venue calling Johnson and yelling at him for no-showing. The next day, Johnson called up Coraluzzo and was furious, saying his phone kept ringing all night, well past 3 a.m., and that he couldn’t get any sleep. The big question is why Johnson just didn’t tell the front desk to block all calls to his room.

Remember Ahmed played Suge Knight in the VH1 MC Hammer movie?

Also, Monty Brown used to tag with Ahmed in the early 2000s, that's why Monty wore the red outfits, in respect to Ahmed.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them injuries did him in.

Some trivia about this stuff:
    The runner up to the invitational battle Royal that Ahmed won to get the title match was Goldust. Goldust got the match because Ahmed lost. It took place on a Thursday edition of RAW (it got bumped because of the Westminster dog show) and of course Goldust lost....to a moonsault.

Ahmed turned heel in an angle where he was defending Faarooq from the Undertaker. Undertaker was the champion and doing an angle where Paul Bearer was blackmailing him to do his bidding or he would tell undertaker's family secret (that Undertaker burned his family's house down and killed everybody), this lead to Faarooq dropping an epic line during the build where he said : "Undertaker shouldn't be worried about that blackmail, he should be worried about this black male!"--epic.

Anyway Undertaker defeats Faarooq at KOTR 1997, Paul Bearer orders Undertaker to continue beating Faarooq and Ahmed made the save, later he joined the Nation officially turning heel. All this after months upon months of Ahmed and Faarooq feuding, so it was a well done story arch, too bad nothing became of it.

This was he height of both Faarooq and Ahmed, as Ahmed got injured again and Faarooq started to get phased out as the leader of the Nation when the Rock joined.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Son wasnt WWF Champ material but neither was Diesel
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember seeing him splitting his hand open.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When he came in as Big T in wCw I didn't even recognize him

Dude looked like a robot dinosaur , moving all stiff
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He looked hella flabby at Rumble in 98
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    That kidney injury was fake. That's what they used to write him out of storylines. He had some other injury.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Have fun with this playlist...

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    That kidney injury was fake. That's what they used to write him out of storylines. He had some other injury.

Wonder what it was
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pearl River Plunge was 1 of the GOAT finishers though...
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew it was over for dude when he fought Kane. He acted like he didnt even wanna be there. Kane beat his ass in 5 minutes and I never seen dude since.
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    I knew it was over for dude when he fought Kane. He acted like he didnt even wanna be there. Kane beat his ass in 5 minutes and I never seen dude since.

I remember watching that thinking dude looked so bored in the ring. Homie was like "? I look like getting tombstoned"

• Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahmed Johnson had a rep in the buisness for being one stiff ? . A black Rick Steiner if you will. Only Steiner was more safe to work with apart from the potatoes.