Agree or Disagree: Can Michael Jordan Stop The Violence?

Options
1235»

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    okaay wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    even tho Jordan dont control the prices, but let's just say he did.

Why would I lower my prices, when ? gon buy my ? at $200 anyway?

Chris Rock is a genius vol. 137: 'Only the white man, can profit off of pain'

A lil different from how he used it but same principle:

White folk can get philthy rich with no caveats. black man make a profit we gotta make sure it appeases every black person, oh and make sure you bring everybody along with you, make sure your product simultaneously educates, entertains, and uplifts, be funny but not too funny, etc

Whats sad is we put that onus on ourselves. See Tyler Perry, see Oprah

Bringing this to future Jay Z arguments.

Damn shame that ? rings true
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt read thread.. but do you all REALLY believe MJ is sitting in board meetings deciding on what shoes to release, prices, etc.?
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    I remember when Chris Webber decline his contract with Nike after some kid got killed over his shoes. Stating that his shoes was to high and kids shouldn't die over a pair shoes

Link home. I didn't know about this.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like if he has a semblance of a conscience, he cannot completely divorce himself from the issue, though I'm sure existing endorsement contracts with Nike result in difficulty for him to speak out about the abuses associated with the culture. I don’t know if Nike routes some of its profits into athletic scholarships, or offers discounts for good report cards, but moves like that might make it more déclassé to simply steal the shoes, and more proper to acquire them the normal way. But it would have to be private action from private conscience. Nobody should be forcing their hand to do this. It's pretty awful to think about the fact that there has never been any concerted effort on the part of them to address the debauchery attached to their product.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well they changed the release dates to saturdays instead of fridays cause so many kids would cut school.
    I believe they have number programs on twitter or something to help consumers register.
    They also started hitting retailers with random restocks to make the shoes more available to cut down on resellers.
    The logistics involved in doing everything via online and preorder will take some time... but I think thats a good idea
    sort of like a kick starter campaign.

lowering the price is a terrible idea only because the price is mostly dictated by the consumer thats why its a suggested price. That also adds to the value so your asking a company to make their products less valuable??
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    There is only one thing MJ can do to stop (almost all) deaths related to his shoes...stop selling them. That's it. Short of that, what do we want the ? to do? And why we acting like ? ain't dying over Yeezy's, Foams, etc?

Also, and this may only mean ? to people of a certain age from a certain place who remember this ? , but I never heard anyone taking Starter to task for continuing to sell those jackets back in the day. I dunno what city y'all ? from, but back in the day in Atlanta, mad ? was getting popped over those stared jackets back when.

I'm old enough to remember that ? . One of my boys back in middle school got jumped by two dudes for his Starter on the way to school. He fought 'em off and got to school, but took some lumps in the process.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    okaay wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    even tho Jordan dont control the prices, but let's just say he did.

Why would I lower my prices, when ? gon buy my ? at $200 anyway?

Chris Rock is a genius vol. 137: 'Only the white man, can profit off of pain'

A lil different from how he used it but same principle:

White folk can get philthy rich with no caveats. black man make a profit we gotta make sure it appeases every black person, oh and make sure you bring everybody along with you, make sure your product simultaneously educates, entertains, and uplifts, be funny but not too funny, etc

Whats sad is we put that onus on ourselves. See Tyler Perry, see Oprah
    Bringing this to future Jay Z arguments.

Funny bc that jay z barneys thread is where i usd it first lol that situation brought chris rock's bit to mind
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    I see alot of cats talking about he should lower the price, but lets be honest if he did that ? wouldn't want them anymore because it would be associated with being a broke ? . ? like to put high value on expensive ? that is more easily obtainable thats why they'll spend big money on shoes, handbags,rims and clothes, because getting something of real value like starting a business or buying a house takes good credit, down payment, and monthly payments so basically its easier to just look like they have money than actually have it

I remember back in my broke era, my insufficient funds days I use to hold back on buying clothes, shoes & other fashion ? . My main objective was to get my money to a level where those things wouldn't be a problem to be purchased

I seen this chick on facebook say "ain't standing in line for Js anymore, I've done it already & bought my boys plenty of Js blah blah" but once them 11s came out a couple weeks ago........................she all on the net, putting her & her little family pictures up of her & her boys wearing them Js.

Then said "them Js broke me". I'm looking like "If a couple of Jordans break your bank then yo ? shouldn't have been buying them in the first place" smmfgdh. Now recently she is like "yayyyy my s/o is going to go half on me for a phone" My generation have their priorities mess all tf up. I'm starting to think that these kids don't be asking for any Jordans but their mothers will buy her & her kids some to make them think they are wearing some expensive ? & show off