HELP: What to eat on a daily basis in order to lose 20lbs

OhPee
OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Weight Room
The New Year is coming, and i'm trying to lose 20lbs. I'm 5'8", 170lbs. For the most part, I look "slim", but if I were to take off this shirt, you'd see a flabby ass stomach and lowkey man-? .

After doing research online, i've learned that i've forced my body into starvation mode. I only eat one, maybe two, meals a day, and they are the farthest from being healthy. Chili Cheese Frieds, Chicken Nuggets, carne asada burritos, burgers with frieds and a coke.....that type of ? . I don't eat any breakfast, sometimes I go all day without eating anything until i get home around 6pm. I really don't know how I function like this on a day to day, but I guess i'm just use to it.

I feel motivated to drop weight, me and the homie are about to start running together 5 days a week starting at 6am. That isn't the problem for me really, it's just that I don't know what to eat.......I've got to force myself to eat breakfast now, and have a snack inbetween lunch/dinner. I don't want to be beasting out there doing exercise, but still eating the same ? ....and only once a day....which i'm sure won't help me dropping the weight.

I know your suppose to eat like fruits and vegetables and ? , but what kind specifically? How the ? do i count calories and all that ? ?? If i make a sandwich at home, how am i suppose to know what total calories that sandwich has n ? ??? Talkin about lean meats and salmon and nuts and all that ? . I want specific type of ? . i know Water and green tea all day for liquids, but i'm just trying to figure out what type of stuff to eat, to live a healthier lifestyle, and get my metabolism poppin like it should.

I'm quitting smoking weed and cigs, I'm literally about to flip my whole lifestyle upside down, and I'M TRYING TO BEAST.
I'm tired of the smoker lifestyle. BTW my work schedule is Mon-Fri 830-530. School Mon-Thu 7pm-9pm.

i'm trying to get slimmer, then start ? with weights or what not to get toned

any tips, stories, suggestions would help. I probably sound dumb for ranting

Comments

• King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    damn bruh

drink cold water as soon as you wake up and throughout the day
    eat 4-5 smaller meals a day. make sure you eat breakfast
    ditch the fried ? except for one or 2 meals a week.
    any veggie/fruit is good for you. you can eat those all day.
    light weights and do cardio.
    kick the smoking habit.

thats it really
  • OhPee
    edited December 2011
    damn bruh

drink cold water as soon as you wake up and throughout the day
    eat 4-5 smaller meals a day. make sure you eat breakfast
    ditch the fried ? except for one or 2 meals a week.
    any veggie/fruit is good for you. you can eat those all day.
    light weights and do cardio.
    kick the smoking habit.

thats it really

lol thanks bruh....i may be over analyzing this ? too much, but I've gone to the gym before off and on for like a year, and I don't see NOT ONE improvement on my body....i would think at least something looked better from all the time i was in there......but i figured it had to be on the food I was eating....then I drank nothing but water (still continued to eat "fast food") for like 5 weeks, and jogged an hour a day, and still only lost like 2 lbs. I was ? .
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    yeah man ditch the fast food for a month and eat healthy. i promise you wont even want that ? after a little while. Plus all your hard work will disappear and you will be disappointed in yourself. working out has psychological advantages as well.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    The most cliche statement regarding weight loss really is the truest and simplest:

You are what you eat!!!!!

People underestimate the effect of the slightest, smallest foods on your body.

Just take a look at the show Survivor. Those people couldnt NOT lose weight if they wanted to. All they eat is fruit, veggies, nuts, meat. Thats it

It just takes discipline to cut out all the little stuff out of your diet. Just eat naturally...for good lol Not for 3 months, but for good.
  • twinzmom
    twinzmom Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Also stay active throughout the day.... walk when possible

If you want to go to the gym remember that lifting heavy isn't necessary for what you are trying to do... it's all about repetition

Don't overwork you body
    How you know about weight loss?

So I have a problem,

I have a "gut" I'm 5'0 weigh about 112 lbs. I can't afford to lose weight. So I should just watch what I eat and do situps? Or go on a diet?
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited December 2011
    6 smaller meals a day. If it is fried or greasy don't eat it. Stay away from sugar and white breads, pastas and potatoes, and creamy stuff like salad dressings, butters, etc. Eat lean meats, fish, steamed vegetables and fruit.
  • Austinjon
    Austinjon Members Posts: 3
    edited December 2011
    Hay

very simple do't take heavy breakfast just take slice one or two,then at noon drink any type of juice fruit and evening only take half wheat bread with slight curry that is very useful recipe to lose the weight.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Cardio

Complex Carbs - it fills you up and give's you longer boost of energy through the day

Eat smaller meals throughout the day

Do not eat after 8 pm

Do not drink soda or juice, it's nothing but sugar
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    twinzmom wrote: »
    How you know about weight loss?

So I have a problem,

I have a "gut" I'm 5'0 weigh about 112 lbs. I can't afford to lose weight. So I should just watch what I eat and do situps? Or go on a diet?

You need to develop a dancers body. That means improving your flexibility and cardio. Pilates does wonders for women that have small frames and want to keep it. Also The easiest way to lose the gut is to eat six fruits or vegetables in a day every day. Keep the fruit in the morning and for a afternoon snack. Eat eggs or cereal (whole grain) in the morning. Get your protein from your meats and eggs.

For exercise try Zumba dancing classes (wifey's cousin loves it) and pilates. Yoga is also good to keep that lean look and still get a great workout. I know you hate running, so aerobics can be a good way to get over your ? (I read the other thread where you had trouble in your Physical Fitness Assessment).
  • OhPee
    edited December 2011
    Day 2 and i'm eating healthy ? .
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    OhPee wrote: »
    Day 2 and i'm eating healthy ? .

REmember you dont have to break yourself to eat healthy. It is all on the preparation.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    yeah man ditch the fast food for a month and eat healthy. i promise you wont even want that ? after a little while. Plus all your hard work will disappear and you will be disappointed in yourself. working out has psychological advantages as well.

Bolded is so true.
  • fullfledged
    fullfledged Members Posts: 238
    edited December 2011
    boiled chicken and sweet potatoes
  • fullfledged
    fullfledged Members Posts: 238
    edited December 2011
    I must add very hot pepper. Don't sleep, pepper speeds up your metabolism and kills all the bad ? in your body. I eat ghost chili 3x a week.
  • animalistik
    animalistik Members Posts: 25
    You need to figure out what your caloric intake is for 24 hours to maintain weight, then reduce -500 cals, and your protein/carb/fat ratio should be round 40/40/20
  • animalistik
    animalistik Members Posts: 25
    Also, sign up on myfitpal its a free journal for counting your calories and macronutrients.....so you know how much you are putting in your body...It will be annoying at first, constantly looking at nutrition labels but after you do it for so long, it becomes the norm
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRINK UP TO A GALLON OF WATER.

EAT VEGGIES, FRUITS, FISH, CHICKEN BREAST, TURKEY, WHOLE GRAINS, FATS, OMEGA FATS just eat clean and healthy and throw in some cardio and weight training and the fat will drop off
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sprinting increases hgh drastically. Great for fat loss and muscle retention
  • OhPee
    Wow. Created this thread in December 2011.

I made fitness a priority in December 2012 lol.
    It is now September 2013 and I've lost 35 lbs and gained some muscle in the process!
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job, OhPee!
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chicken breast and salmon
  • Jik Jikkles
    Jik Jikkles Members Posts: 95 ✭✭
    OhPee wrote: »
    The New Year is coming, and i'm trying to lose 20lbs. I'm 5'8", 170lbs. For the most part, I look "slim", but if I were to take off this shirt, you'd see a flabby ass stomach and lowkey man-? .

After doing research online, i've learned that i've forced my body into starvation mode. I only eat one, maybe two, meals a day, and they are the farthest from being healthy. Chili Cheese Frieds, Chicken Nuggets, carne asada burritos, burgers with frieds and a coke.....that type of ? . I don't eat any breakfast, sometimes I go all day without eating anything until i get home around 6pm. I really don't know how I function like this on a day to day, but I guess i'm just use to it.

I feel motivated to drop weight, me and the homie are about to start running together 5 days a week starting at 6am. That isn't the problem for me really, it's just that I don't know what to eat.......I've got to force myself to eat breakfast now, and have a snack inbetween lunch/dinner. I don't want to be beasting out there doing exercise, but still eating the same ? ....and only once a day....which i'm sure won't help me dropping the weight.

I know your suppose to eat like fruits and vegetables and ? , but what kind specifically? How the ? do i count calories and all that ? ?? If i make a sandwich at home, how am i suppose to know what total calories that sandwich has n ? ??? Talkin about lean meats and salmon and nuts and all that ? . I want specific type of ? . i know Water and green tea all day for liquids, but i'm just trying to figure out what type of stuff to eat, to live a healthier lifestyle, and get my metabolism poppin like it should.

I'm quitting smoking weed and cigs, I'm literally about to flip my whole lifestyle upside down, and I'M TRYING TO BEAST.
    I'm tired of the smoker lifestyle. BTW my work schedule is Mon-Fri 830-530. School Mon-Thu 7pm-9pm.

i'm trying to get slimmer, then start ? with weights or what not to get toned

any tips, stories, suggestions would help. I probably sound dumb for ranting

aside from having no job right now an not going to school, I'm with you bro. bout to flip my whole life around. good luck man