Interscope's $25 Million Gamble On Lady Gaga's 'ARTPOP' CD Goes Up In Flames As Sales Plummet...

Options
2»

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    if you spend 25 million on promo best believe we would had seen her more then eminem
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    There's a Coli poster in here...
    QbadP.png I actually been postin on here way before TheColi was even a site.
    a.mann wrote: »
    ? her and miley cyrus too
    I'd love to
    rs_634x851-130724115515-634.LadyGaga.mh.072413.jpg

o-LADY-GAGA-570.jpg?6

:|
    That's her at her worst and yet she still fuckable, when she all dolled up wit that body and ass...whew.png
    "Stack wrote:
    nohomo.jpg Men callin wantin to ? bad ? thirst is suspect.

If that's the standard for bad ? where you come from.......

ron-simmons-damn-o.gif
    ufdup.png Don't you dare disrespect those fine white women.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's plausible on a global level,most of gaga's fanbase seems to be based outside of the states so it wouldn't be surprising if they didn't bother promoting it extensively within the US.

but yeah 25 mill is disgusting money to spend on a album.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If that's true they must've thought she was about to do thriller #s.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet interscope is still ahead off of every thing she has already done, even tho they just threw away 25 M's ..... but watch them get it back when she goes on tour .... or they'll just take it from their other artist

Akon still won
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    If that's true they must've thought she was about to do thriller #s.

Only MJ, Quincy Jones, (circa 1982) and The Eagles can do those numbers. If push comes to shove all Gaga has to is do an MTV Unplugged, and she'll be back like "Jordan wearin' the 4-5." A Gaga Unplugged tape would probably at least go platinum.

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    ? her and miley cyrus too
    diddydatazz2.png I'd love to

IDK if I would Loooooove to ? gaga. ? looks like Zach Braff from Scrubs with a sex change, but I guess every once i a while she has some type of appeal
    dqmxbn.png
    ? her and milewy cyrus too
    diddydatazz2.png I'd love to

fiddy.gif

your thirst is real
    nohomo.jpg Men callin wantin to ? bad ? thirst is suspect.

They not bad ? tho
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    her buzz started to fall after born this way came out, they should of dropped it with very little promotion and take that quarter mil sales first week
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont believe this
    Interscope is lying
    I saw more Eminem posters than ARTPOP
    maybe they trying to get more of her publishing or tour sales
    cause she is no 2 behind madonna
    record companies are lying
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "we spent 25 million.......pennies"
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Payolla people. The original article has more details. Btw for those saying she was trying to do MJ numbers, the same article mentions MJ flopping on "Invincible" with a 30 mill budget. Adjust for inflation it's worse.

examiner.com/article/interscope-loses-25-million-promotional-bet-on-lady-gaga-artpop-bomb
    So, how was the money spent? We talked to a music industry analyst (who wants to be referred to as 'Jacob' for this story), who has worked at both Warner Brothers and Arista over the past twenty years. He works closely with people from Interscope and told us that the past year has been a huge nightmare for Lady Gaga and Interscope.

"She originally was going to have the album ready by last Christmas. They made her re-record it. When her tour wasn't selling, they invented a hip injury and told Gaga to go away for months so the public could be interested in her 'comeback.' After the lead single 'Applause' didn't get such a great reception, they made her re-record the album again. I hear that they allegedly paid radio stations in order to put the song at the top of their playlists," Jacob laughs.

Besides the alleged payola, it is believed that a lot of money could have went to news outlets such as Billboard, Glamour, MTV, ABC and some others. "Cash gifts to news outlets really aren't unheard of, but Gaga has taken it to new extremes if this happened. Articles by many news sources sound like they were completely written by Gaga's PR team." He notes that Rolling Stone, a magazine that had usually praised Lady Gaga in the past, allegedly wouldn't accept the cash. Gaga's team was hoping Rolling Stone would put her on the cover and call her "Woman of the Year." Instead, the "honor" went to Glamour.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To add fuel to the fire.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/30/lady-gaga-muppet-ratings-thanksgiving_n_4364050.html?ir=TV
    Turns out, Americans aren't really into watching Lady Gaga sing and dance with Muppets on Thanksgiving.

Even with guest appearances from Sir Elton John, Kristen Bell, Ru Paul and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, the holiday special flopped big time in the ratings.

? must be desperate at this point. She should just off herself so she can do Elvis numbers.

She was riding that Euro Dance wave and everybody from Chris Brown to Pitbull took her thunder.

• diminished_chords
    diminished_chords Members Posts: 15
    Options
    Her target audience is growing up and their younger replacements are into Miley Cyrus, Swift, and Perry and her fleeting demographic moved on over to Adele, Queen B, and Ri....