Does 2pac Have 3 Consecutive Masterpieces?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    blackstarr wrote: »
    All Eyez On Me is not a classic now?? I see the usual suspects trying to rewrite history
    In defense of it I would call it a Deathrow Classic and Record Featuring Pac. It just feels out of place in his Catalog 7 day and MATW true Pac albums but then again all 3 are classics no matter how you flip it...

for me it Goes in this order 7 Day Theory, Strictly 4 My ? , Me Against the World, then All Eyes On Me...

How are you putting anything above MATW?
    Man you are sleeping on it Strictly was my ? I had a baby on the way back then and wore outn 2 seperate tapes of that ? lolmaybe it is because I am a old head but Strictly and 7 Day have more impact to me but I love MATW do not get the game twisted all depends on my mood lol...
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Im not understanding this All Eyes On Me backlash from alotta you guys. He was making great songs for the street ? , people that like to go clubbing, backpack cats liked the album, Pac was spittin extra focused, and he was rapping over some of the best production beatwise of his career. Im starting to think people on here just say stuff to go against the grain n ? because I dont understand why its not a classic all of a sudden.

Personally it felt like a Lot of the Soundtracks Deathrow was putting out in that era dope ? just featuring Pac on all the joints. I prefer the Pac albums that fit his normal Modus Operendi not Knocking the album at all it is jus not as dope to me as the others I named...
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Damn, so much All Eyez On Me hate
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    He has 2 classic albums with All Eyez On Me and Me Againist The World

But not any album that is a masterpiece let alone 3
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    imo Pac Got 3 clear cut classics with Matw,Aeom,and 7 Day Theory and 1 debatable classic with until the end of Time...the rest of his albums are either just pretty good or average..
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    yes, one of the reasons why he's the GOAT
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »

How many does eminem have?
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eh a masterpiece is usually flawless material

that would mean filler songs like the ones on AEOM wouldn't fit that criteria of a masterpiece

now does that mean its a bad album

absolutely not, prolly one of the best of all times, a bunch of classic songs, but I doubt a masterpiece

alot of these pac discussions are usually influenced by his death, which is understandable and SOME of his pieces of work, are sometimes exaggerated to a certain degree

that doesn't mean the ? wasn't dope, ? was one of the GOAT's artist of all time

but I try to view his wrk like the ? was still living, cause when certain artist die, their wrk becomes even more valuable than it really was

like if wayne would die, you have alot of WHITE kids calling him bob marley and ? , calling tha carter albums classics lol
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Makaveli is the best hip hop album of all time.

Me Against The World is his magnum opus, critically and a classic album nonetheless.

AEOM was similar to ? in the sense that it was a monster album consisting of classic pure unadulterated G-Funk.

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh....no

She's gonna type a damn paragraph explaining every album is a classic then she's gonna mention he has 2 diamond albums and jay doesn't
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

Bruh....no

She's gonna type a damn paragraph explaining every album is a classic then she's gonna mention he has 2 diamond albums and jay doesn't

Damn, almost brought hell upon us