Eminem

Most conscious and deepest - The Eminem Show

Least conscious - Relapse

Comments

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited January 2014
    Encore was less conscious than relapse.

Pac and Nas never really had an album where they were lackin content, idk.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Da Riddler wrote: »
    Encore was less conscious than relapse.

Pac and Nas never really had an album where they were lackin content, idk.

No wtf? lmao u gotta be trolling

Encore had these songs

Mockingbird
    Like Toy Soldiers
    We As Americans
    Love You More
    Never Enough
    Ricky Ticky Toc
    Yellow Brick Road
    Mosh
    Crazy In Love

Relapse only had

Beautiful
    Deja Vu
    Be Careful What You Wish For
    My Darling

I guess you never listened to It Was Written and All Eyez On Me? they are Nas and 2pac's least conscious albums
  • _Goldie_
    yea u got me with the encore ? , i didnt notice it had that many conscious tracks.

And yea IWW and AEOM are prolly their least conscious but hightest selling albums, but they still have conscious tracks on em...
    Black girl lost
    i gave u power
    if i ruled the world

Life goes on
    i aint mad at u
    wonder why they call u ?

• GunTown
    @DaRiddler i take that point but that's why the thread said 'least' and 'most' lol

I could understand if your fave rapper was Z-Ro because he literally has only albums from top to bottom that are literally just conscious. But with Nas and 2pac as far as least conscious IWW and All Eyez On Me are obviously choices

Their most conscious albums Nas would be Untitled and with Pac u could choose any of his pre Death Row albums
  • _Goldie_
    Killuminati's up there too, i think aeom is the only one he focused on makin hits.
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you are using conscious in the wrong context. Just because a rapper is talking about his feelings doesn't make them conscious. When I think of conscious rappers I think Talib Or Mos Def or goodie mob. People who are actually discussing social issues not just Thier emotions
  • GunTown
    edited January 2014
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    I think you are using conscious in the wrong context. Just because a rapper is talking about his feelings doesn't make them conscious. When I think of conscious rappers I think Talib Or Mos Def or goodie mob. People who are actually discussing social issues not just Thier emotions

I just meant conscious generally as far as like u said addressing your personal feelings and emotions basically pouring your heart out and introspective type of conscious generally

I didn't mean politically conscious
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas

most- untitled

least-idk, the firm album?
  • GunTown
    Killuminati's up there too, i think aeom is the only one he focused on makin hits.

I think he focused on that with AEOM for sure but he did so really well it wasn't blatent like he was tryna sell out and it was not commercial or popish it was just more commercial that his other work but not commercial like other rappers wen they focus on trying to make hits

• GunTown
    Nas

most- untitled

least-idk, the firm album?

Should have said only solo albums

But as i said before It Was Written is Nas least conscious
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    yea u got me with the encore ? , i didnt notice it had that many conscious tracks.

And yea IWW and AEOM are prolly their least conscious but hightest selling albums, but they still have conscious tracks on em...
    Black girl lost
    i gave u power
    if i ruled the world

Life goes on
    i aint mad at u
    wonder why they call u ?

How u get got by Shadyteam bruh?

[img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/611148/yung-berg-? -o.gif[/img]

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Nas Untitled

As far as "least" I don't know
  • GunTown
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Nas Untitled

It Was Written the most obvious

Then after that Life Is Good
  • _Goldie_
    @stew i knew somebody was gon come in here and say that before i pressed enter, ? u ? lol
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    GunTown wrote: »
    Nas Untitled

Have you ever listened to Untitled?
  • GunTown
    @stew i knew somebody was gon come in here and say that before i pressed enter, ? u ? lol

No 1 can deny my knowledge on hip hop and how i back my self up with examples

1 doesn't have to like me but they can never deny that
  • _Goldie_
    I cant say u dont know ? bout hiphop, but youve been way off more than enough times too with ur "opinions".
  • GunTown
    GunTown wrote: »
    Nas Untitled

Have you ever listened to Untitled?

Yeah Untitled is his most conscious

I'm saying It Was Written is his least conscious obvious choice for his least conscious

Then after It Was Written Life Is Good is his second least conscious
  • GunTown
    I cant say u dont know ? bout hiphop, but youve been way off more than enough times too with ur "opinions".

Well with opinions an opinion can't be wrong lol that's why it is an opinion

But 1 can support their opinions well by giving examples of things like sales, awards, longevity etc concerete things u feel me
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This shouldn't be hard. The answer is Illmatic and Nastradamus.
  • GunTown
    edited January 2014
    za'kiss wrote: »
    This shouldn't be hard. The answer is Illmatic and Nastradamus.

Illmatic mostly was just spitting for the sake of spitting it had a few conscious songs but it was mainly spitting and rhyming

• za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    You said most conscious and deepest.

You can say what you want, but I've not heard a Nas album to this day that is as deep and aware - both socially and personally - as Illmatic. That's no slight to Nas, he comes close again many times, but the fact is that I haven't heard any album as deep as Illmatic. It's powerful, timeless music.

It's an album born out of struggle. You can hear the pulse of the streets through the music. His later work is too many steps removed from the source, but his overall catalog is nonetheless as deep as they come.
  • GunTown
    Cain wrote: »
    Subjective........ Depends on the listener and what they perceive as conscious.

As i said basically songs that are emotional and have substance, address personal feelings.

The subject matter can vary but basically songs that are emotional, personal and have substance
  • _Goldie_
    Its pretty much subjective like cain said. Some think being socially conscious is conscious and some think being introspective is being conscious.
  • GunTown
    Its pretty much subjective like cain said. Some think being socially conscious is conscious and some think being introspective is being conscious.

Yeah but that's why from now on i'm making it clear i mean generally conscious basically being introspective