Members of Human Rights Watch

Options
indyman87
indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
Board of Directors membership. So far I only see one African. Most are White.

Catherine Zennström

zenstrom_jpg

Amy Towers

amy-towers_60.jpg

John R. Taylor

data%3Fpid%3Davimage%26iid%3DitmbHgfnVT1k

Comments

• indyman87
    Options
    Darian W. Swig
    darian_headshot2.jpg

Javier Solana

Javier_Solana_(2007).jpg

• indyman87
    Options
    Black/African so far

joel Motley

Motley%5B2%5D.jpg

Ambassador Robin Sanders

405-2013-01-11-04-26-52-Robin_Sanders_2.jpg
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-a-atl.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1782073_629262687108958_481529146_n.png[/img]
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    i think this thread is missing the part where you note why this matters
  • indyman87
    Options
    I think that because of the many atrocities that have happened and are happening know on the African continent that it's essential to have people that represent the continent of Africa to the fulliest. I'm not saying that a White person can't represent Africa as far as human rights but what I am saying is base on recent History from the atrocities that occurred on the Ivory Coast (when French forces ran through a small village) and today Southern Sudan the Europeans and the White Arabs the one's backing Northern Sudan are not being held fully accountable for the deaths and destruction that they bring when they steal African resources.

Now contrast this to what's happenning in Syria today with the Human Rights Watch saying that the Syrian government have destroyed whole neigborhoods in an effort to punish the opposition. The HRW will keep a record of this and when, if the Syrian government is overthrown I'm sure some prominent people will be held responsible for these 'alleged' atrocities.

But why was'nt France held responsible for the destruction they brought to the Ivory Coast when that sought to insert a new President. I think that maybe things would have been different if there where more African board members on the Human Rights Watch board.
  • indyman87
    Options
    I also think that maybe it's time for the Blacks in Amerca to seek international help for our blight. Maybe if we can get recognition that Blacks live in Urban communities are suffering from a lack of human rights because the killings that occur on a daily basis in Chicago, Detroit, Omaha is beyond sad. And it's obvious that the President do not have the political will to help us. Now some folks in Chicago even want him to step down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7mYg6Gt15o

Things in Urban communties are bad. It's tough when you have to decide to join a gang and ? someone because if you don't they're probably going to ? you. Looking at the video below it reminded me of the broken down houses that I saw in the South when I was a teenager. No one shold have to live like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9eyzwiGbTw#t=122

The Urban communities are in stay of disarray. Murders happened every day. There are no jobs. There are no hope for jobs. We have a Black President but the main consensus is we might as well not have a Black President. We must IMO seek Human Rights recognition on an international plain before our conditions become even worst because I'm now hearing that they might install new Jim Crow Laws after Obama leaves.