Who Has More Classic Albums Eminem or Jay Z???

13»

Comments

• semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    forget impact...using any thing other than how many records em has sold give me a reason that any of his albums should be considered hip hop classics? i mean if you say he got 3 or 4 u gotta have a reason other than he is the highest selling artist.
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [P2 Deluxe to Em's cla
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    ? need to ? w/ this Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint hate

Still mad that Black Album gets a pass for that suspect production imho. Neptunes, DJ Quik, and Eminem's beats was certified trash. There's a reason there were so many remixes.

Just Blaze version of Allure >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Danger Mouse version of Moment of Clarity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

public service announcement tho>>>>>>>
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    GunTown wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    when discussing classics it really doesnt matter what album is better. its about so many things...example illmatic is a undeniable hip hop classic album...NO DEBATE!!! its not nas best album imo...it was written is his best album but it was written dropped at a different time and therefore it didnt have the impact of illmatic. honestly explain the impact of any of eminem albums besides the fact that he was a white rapper who made us forget about vanilla ice? he was backed by dr. dre and therefore it was cool for white people to buy his albums. what is his impact on hip hop? im being nice by saying he has 1 classic but y'all bugging saying he got 3 and arguably 4 classics. why? cuz u like a album doesnt make it a classic

Impact doesn't necessarily make an album classic. Can it help? Absolutely. Reasonable Doubt had little to no impact on the game but try to tell a fan that it isn't classic and he simply won't agree with you at all.

agree with you and i just used impact to fit my example of illmatic. there are plenty of things that goes into making a classic album. im trying to figure out how em has 3 or 4 classics here using any realistic criteria for a classic album.

on a side note i will respectfully disagree with you on the impact of rd. rd helped to raise the bar of mafioso rap. ? had to get out the kitchen

Impact my not always play a part in determining if an album is classic or not but when a rapper starts to get credit for 3-4 classics there has to be some short of impact in there somewhere or your just calling them a classic cuz you like it at that point

But lets look at impact overall

Em has 3 diamond albums with TES, MMLP, Recovery

Those albums won Grammy awards

MMLP and TES hold the record for highest first week sales in hip hop history

His albums have been praised by numerous rappers

Almost all the singles from his albums charted in the top 10, top 20 on the hot 100 billboard while some singles charted number 1. So he has more hits than any other rapper

Those albums won numerous other awards like B.E.T. awards, soul train awards, source awards, MTV awards etc

Some of his peers have said some of his albums like The Eminem Show, The Marshall Mathers Lp, The Slim Shady LP are their fave album ever

ok so when will u start talking about the impact?

There were plenty of mafasio albums before Reasonable Doubt Jay Z's best album like Only Built For Cuban Linx, Life After Death, most Kool G Rap albums etc

Bone Thugs may have done the singing on hooks before The Eminem Show but no solo rap artist did it like Em did On The Eminem Show and achieved the success he did doing it an album which came out in 2002 then 10 years later other rappers who sing most their hooks like Eminem such as Kid Cudi, 50 Cent, Max B, B.o.B, Drake etc

So the singing on hooks and crooning on The Eminem Show had an obvious impact with rappers like Kid Cudi coming out 10 years after that album doing the same as Eminem did on that album in 2002

• sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Dog, if I see another ? ' Em thread...

1290603068_crazy-brazilian-murderer-interview.gif

? Eminem stans.
    ? all 17 million 30 thousand of his twitter followers.
    ? all 50 millions of his records sold, which people seem to give so much weight.
    ? white people who openly voice their uneducated opinion on Hip-Hop, listening to literally nothing else in the genre.
    ? his entire body of work save for the Em show and the MMLP.
    ? his janky ass flow.
    ? Relapse, ? Recovery, and ? this bubblegum ? on MMLP2.

? this thread dog.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when discussing classics it really doesnt matter what album is better. its about so many things...example illmatic is a undeniable hip hop classic album...NO DEBATE!!! its not nas best album imo...it was written is his best album but it was written dropped at a different time and therefore it didnt have the impact of illmatic. honestly explain the impact of any of eminem albums besides the fact that he was a white rapper who made us forget about vanilla ice? he was backed by dr. dre and therefore it was cool for white people to buy his albums. what is his impact on hip hop? im being nice by saying he has 1 classic but y'all bugging saying he got 3 and arguably 4 classics. why? cuz u like a album doesnt make it a classic

Impact doesn't necessarily make an album classic. Can it help? Absolutely. Reasonable Doubt had little to no impact on the game but try to tell a fan that it isn't classic and he simply won't agree with you at all.

agree with you and i just used impact to fit my example of illmatic. there are plenty of things that goes into making a classic album. im trying to figure out how em has 3 or 4 classics here using any realistic criteria for a classic album.

on a side note i will respectfully disagree with you on the impact of rd. rd helped to raise the bar of mafioso rap. ? had to get out the kitchen

Impact my not always play a part in determining if an album is classic or not but when a rapper starts to get credit for 3-4 classics there has to be some short of impact in there somewhere or your just calling them a classic cuz you like it at that point

Almost all the singles from his albums charted in the top 10, top 20 on the hot 100 billboard while some singles charted number 1. So he has more hits than any other rapper

Those albums won numerous other awards like B.E.T. awards, soul train awards, source awards, MTV awards etc

Some of his peers have said some of his albums like The Eminem Show, The Marshall Mathers Lp, The Slim Shady LP are their fave album ever

Where as Jay Z doesn't have a diamond album or hold a record for first week sales

Basically everything you said has to do with popularity... And you know that becuz an album he his self said was wack sold what 5 million or so and won the grammy for hip hop album of the year are you serious.... And that's on a BAD on!!! So its nothing for him to go multi plat and win grammys in his sleep so I'm.not saying throw it all out but at the same time it doesn't prove anything but em is more popular then jay
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Z but Eminem has more money.white people support him 98.9%
  • GunTown

Where as Jay Z doesn't have a diamond album or hold a record for first week sales

Basically everything you said has to do with popularity... And you know that becuz an album he his self said was wack sold what 5 million or so and won the grammy for hip hop album of the year are you serious.... And that's on a BAD on!!! So its nothing for him to go multi plat and win grammys in his sleep so I'm.not saying throw it all out but at the same time it doesn't prove anything but em is more popular then jay

It's not nothing for him to win Grammys in his sleep

Encore never won a Grammy

Devils Night, D12 World, Bad Meets Evil albums he was apart of never won a Grammy

The Re Up never won a Grammy either
  • GetoBoy

? Eminem stans.
    ? all 50 millions of his records sold, which people seem to give so much weight.
    ? white people who openly voice their uneducated opinion on Hip-Hop, listening to literally nothing else in the genre.
    ? his janky ass flow.

? this thread dog.

IT'S ONLY ENTERTAINMENT!!!
    *Jay z voice*
  • GunTown

? Eminem stans.
    ? his janky ass flow.

? this thread dog.

You do realize he has sold a 100 million records? lol
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

? Eminem stans.
    ? his janky ass flow.

? this thread dog.

You do realize he has sold a 100 million records? lol

Oh yeah? Cool. ? that too.

iNO59tBKTNvHy.gif
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭

There were plenty of mafasio albums before Reasonable Doubt Jay Z's best album like Only Built For Cuban Linx, Life After Death, most Kool G Rap albums etc

Bone Thugs may have done the singing on hooks before The Eminem Show but no solo rap artist did it like Em did On The Eminem Show and achieved the success he did doing it an album which came out in 2002 then 10 years later other rappers who sing most their hooks like Eminem such as Kid Cudi, 50 Cent, Max B, B.o.B, Drake etc

So the singing on hooks and crooning on The Eminem Show had an obvious impact with rappers like Kid Cudi coming out 10 years after that album doing the same as Eminem did on that album in 2002

life after death huh? smh

anyway i said helped mafioso rap..while others came before him and had them cooking up in the kitchen and living a lifestyle of neighborhood superstar. rd help usher in the kingpin era. it was no longer cool to be a nickel and dime dude. u had to be the ? at the top of the totem pole. rather real or fake...it helped to usher in a new creativity in a style that was around for some time. so it had impact on its sub genre of rap. the impact can still be seen today as everyone now says they are a boss...viva las vegas

im still waiting for the em impact

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Thread starter do u have twitter?

On twitter make a tweet asking the same question telling people to R.T. if they think Eminem does or R.T. if they think Jay Z does

I gurantee u Eminem will win by a landslide

That's because Eminem has more fans...or stans

Eminem has over 15 million followers on twitter

Jay Z has 3 million followers on twitter

That's why i say there is a difference between the IC and real world. in the real world Eminem is an icon and the most popular artist worldwide

On the IC he hated

On the IC Jay Z is loved by he hasn't sold even half as much as Eminem and 2pac have

who cares though? really, who gives a ? ? is this what the argument is about now? since people on the IC, who doesnt love jay as much as you'd like to believe, believe jay has a better catalog than em you keep bringing up ? that dont even matter. dont bring up the real world and ? about how the IC is disconnected with reality. you been voicing your opinion to the IC for years and keep coming back no matter how many times you been banned. its obvious you love it here

when you're asking an individual how they feel, dont bring up how the general consensus feels to validate how that individual is wrong. you're butthurt because not everybody view eminem as gods gift to hip hop. most of his fans probably dont even ? with hip hop.

"hip hop is a sorry genre of music besides eminem. he has a message. he's actually saying something in his music!!!".

thats the crowd you want to ponder to right? thats the crowd you want to connect to? sorry to burst your bubble but that crowd isnt here. there arent any sheep or puppets here. and the more nonsense you spew the more the IC will go against em to spite you. hip hop isnt for you.you dont respect the craft. you dont respect others opinions yet expect them to understand where you're coming from. you give genuine rap fans that support eminem a bad name. log the ? off forever
  • GetoBoy

It's not nothing for him to win Grammys in his sleep

Encore never won a Grammy

Devils Night, D12 World, Bad Meets Evil albums he was apart of never won a Grammy

The Re Up never won a Grammy either

When 5 outta yo 6 SOLO albums when hip hop album of the year and your probably gonna end up going 6 outta 7 then and even the one you yourself admit is trash STILL wins the grammy then yes it's nothing for him to win the award in his sleep basically the only way he doesn't win it is if he teams up with somebody...
  • GunTown

life after death huh? smh

anyway i said helped mafioso rap..while others came before him and had them cooking up in the kitchen and living a lifestyle of neighborhood superstar. rd help usher in the kingpin era. it was no longer cool to be a nickel and dime dude. u had to be the ? at the top of the totem pole. rather real or fake...it helped to usher in a new creativity in a style that was around for some time. so it had impact on its sub genre of rap. the impact can still be seen today as everyone now says they are a boss...viva las vegas

im still waiting for the em impact

I already posted the Em impact look at the post where i said the singing on hooks on he did on every song The Eminem Show in 2002 then 10 years later rappers like Kid Cudi, B.o.B, Max B, 50 Cent etc emerged did the same

He had a non hip hop song on The Eminem Show where he is singing on the whole song then 10 years later u have rappers like Kid Cudi who also have a non hip hop song just singing on their albums

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    U ppl are stupid to be arguing with her then ask for her to be banned 10 min later smh
This discussion has been closed.