Relapse 5 years later, how do u think it has aged?

2»

Comments

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GunTown wrote: »
    What do u think of the album 5 years after it's release?

Damn I see why ppl hate u. Do u do this eminem ? to troll? Eminem is my second favorite rapper and u make me not want to listen to him lol
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relapse was pretty bad, I remember listening and literally filling sick inside
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    JerfyT wrote: »
    Hit and miss. Deja Vu is a really good song. Stay Wide Awake is the ? .

Stay Wide Awake had terrible content, terrible accent, the Multi's were forced and the beat was really bland. The serial killer theme got repeative

The hook was good but that was the only good thing about that song

Wrong. The last verse especially was incredible.

Wow the last verses content was the same as the other verses and the last verse also had a middle eastern accent like the other verses. The whole song was about serial killing

And? Some people like a good horror movie.

• GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Relapse was pretty bad, I remember listening and literally filling sick inside

Well damn lol
  • GunTown
    Hit and miss. Deja Vu is a really good song. Stay Wide Awake is the ? .

Stay Wide Awake had terrible content, terrible accent, the Multi's were forced and the beat was really bland. The serial killer theme got repeative

The hook was good but that was the only good thing about that song

Wrong. The last verse especially was incredible.

Wow the last verses content was the same as the other verses and the last verse also had a middle eastern accent like the other verses. The whole song was about serial killing

And? Some people like a good horror movie.

That's fair enough if u enjoy Horrorcore Rap can't knock u for your taste
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    I'm glad Eminem apologized for making this and Encore...
  • GunTown
    blackrain wrote: »
    I'm glad Eminem apologized for making this and Encore...

Yeah u gotta respect his honesty about Relapse
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was horrible 5 years ago & horrible now.

I was just going to post that

• The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    album is great ? what eminem said.
  • GunTown

So he himself said it is his worst album, majority of his fans feel it is a weak album, he scrapped Relapse 2 because of him regretting making Relapse, majority of hip hop fans feel it is a weak album

C'mon son be objective u can like it as a guilty plessure or like it because that kinda album suits your taste but to call a blatently weak album with flaws good is blatent stanning
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭

So he himself said it is his worst album, majority of his fans feel it is a weak album, he scrapped Relapse 2 because of him regretting making Relapse, majority of hip hop fans feel it is a weak album

C'mon son be objective u can like it as a guilty plessure or like it because that kinda album suits your taste but to call a blatently weak album with flaws good is blatent stanning

Or maybe, just maybe i think the album is great? not everyone is looking for heart felt ballads every time they listen to music, take this song for example..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es0TOrM-JZU

• TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never really liked Eminems music.

He not the same Em that I grew up on nh
  • GunTown

Or maybe, just maybe i think the album is great? not everyone is looking for heart felt ballads every time they listen to music, take this song for example..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es0TOrM-JZU

Your taste is Horrorcore Rap then if that's wat u like hearing then more power to u lol
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relapse will be looked at years down the road as one of the albums that started to get hip hop back to its roots during that snap to euro era of 2009-2010. This album is creative madness all the way around. Eminem rapped his ass off on the album Em hits it out of the park lyrically on this album. There is no doubt that eminem was best lyricist in 2009. The flows are insane on every track. Eminem is spitting more than 16 bars on a majority of the verses. BP3 came out same year and Jay Z rapping 8 bar verses with auh at the end. Eminem made this album for his infinite/sslp fans. A lot of these new school rappers like odd future ? and hopsin said this album influenced them to step their bars and creativity up. The ironic thing about this whole thread is that shadyteam made a thread in march of 2011 showcasing some of the tracks I slept on and she influenced me to buy the vinyl that day. It's a good album
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple hip hop math for Jigga warriors

Eminem ate up Kanye west, Drake, Wayne on forever in 2009
    Kanye west ate up Jay Z on run this town in 2009
    Wayne ate up Jay Z on hello Brooklyn, mr carter, swagger like us in 2008
    Drake ate up Jay Z on light up in 2009

Eminem ate all the rappers that ate Jay z during that time period. Hence eminem was best rapper in 2009