Options
2»

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bring that non threatning kanye west voice
    a few corny jokes
    a snack ...cause yo ass gonna have to go on a few more interviews after they pass u up
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Make sure you aint got no baggy ass Tracy McGrady suit.

Fixed

BZZdELLIEAEIwrB.jpg

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I would say a strong recommendation.........notice I said a "strong" recommendation

black folks tend to suck at networking unfortunately......which is the real secret that you learn at a top tier college

so what the hell are the omega psi phi, deltas, aka's and kappas doing?? there are millions of them and being in that brotherhood/sisterhood is almost ALWAYS said to be about networking. and to my knowledge 99.9% of them join in college.

so joining a black fraternity/sorority is the most efficient way to network?

let me rephrase what I mean so folks can better understand

ALL groups generally suck at networking......but black folks suffer the worst economically from their lack of ability to network

fraternities and sororities are basically social clubs

hell it can be argued that ? in prison network better than black fraternities and sororities SMH

that post was me literally asking, not trying to make a point LOL

I get you cuzzo.....no beef haha

it's more to networking than just joining social groups
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's all about who you know. Hit up one of your professors or one of your friends or someone in your family who has a lead on a job that you're qualified for and go from there.

I can't really give any advice of what to do once you're there, because the interview process never made sense to me.
    You think you had a very good interview, and you get no call back. Then next time, you have a decent at best interview and you get the job.

As far as the scariness of white HR people in regards to race, there's no way to get around that. If you're a professional, confident individual, they might feel threatened. If you're the outgoing, joking type, they might think you're "too black" for them or in business terms "you don't fit the company culture."

The whole ? is random *shrugs*.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will say this though, black girls seem to have it easier than us guys. First off, they stay with a job and when you see the ones who have high positions in the company they seem to act the same way at work as outside of work.

And a lot of them are very outspoken and the girl around the way types. From the outside in, it seems like they don't have to dumb it down at all.