Fox Sports 1

2»

Comments

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchin it now but only for charissa ...mf kept havin technical difficulties tho I'm like wtf kinda ? is this smh ...charissa lookim good ad always ...they mustve offered her a lot of bread to leave espn
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That hd look real good on the 58'inch
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ima start watchin fox sports 1 during the nba season... that lebron ? riding espn does nauseating..
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sportsgrid.com/nascar/you-were-right-america-fox-sports-should-have-never-replaced-the-speed-channel/
    The ratings are in and they’re not looking good for Fox Sports 1. This week one year ago, The Speed Channel pulled in around 253,000 viewers on average during the primetime 8pm-11pm time slot. Fox Sports 1 had 201,000. Gulp.

This is a big deal for two major reasons:

1. Fox Sports 1 costs exponentially more to produce than programming for the Speed Channel
    2. Nobody wanted to see The Speed Channel go in the first place

Ladies and gents, this is what they call a lose/lose situation.

Not only did they fall short of the mark vis-a-vis last year’s numbers, but they failed horribly to measure up to their competition. I mean, it goes without saying that the decision to turn Speed into a 24-hour ESPN competitor was an singularly focused attempt at syphoning ratings from the sports megalith in Bristol. That did not happen. ESPN had 2,828,000 viewers during that same period. Once again, Fox Sports 1 had 201,000. That’s over 1000% more viewers than the fledgling network.

[Via USA TODAY] Fox Sports Exec David Hill: “It’s going to take us a while. We’re not expecting to knock ESPN off in the first week or two. It’s going to take two to three years. It will be a slog.”

You hear that? That’s the sound of everyone at Fox Sports 1 getting fired.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP12 wrote: »
    why did they put the channel on premium cable though?

ESPN is so popular b/c its included in the basic 0-72 channel package. Hell i know of at least 3 channels Fox1 could've taken the place of on my cable lineup (looking at you coxsports and foxsports southwest)

@ap12 ...i got basic cable and its on mine
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATTS wrote: »
    why did they put the channel on premium cable though?

ESPN is so popular b/c its included in the basic 0-72 channel package. Hell i know of at least 3 channels Fox1 could've taken the place of on my cable lineup (looking at you coxsports and foxsports southwest)

@ap12 ...i got basic cable and its on mine

fa real fam?

where you live? I checked the ? lineup for baton rouge, la and it said it was on a channel outside of 72. I mean i have FS Southwest/New Orleans (when the Pelicans play) but thats the only Fox Sports channel i get

This is MD....comcast cable.

Check other providers in your area and see...
    How much u pay to get that channel?
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched the channel for the 1st couple of weeks, i'm not feeling the panelists, they played different sports and feels off. McNabb and Roddick talking baseball, Payton talking about football, and Kapler talking about golf. They need analysts for each sport. Regis left his own show after a week, smh he was horrible too, didn't know what was going on in sports. But they do show combat sports, which is more than ESPN would show. I thought they show more college football and MLB games.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    best damn sports show was the ? >>>>> first take

I used to watch it but for some reason I thought the show got cancelled so I stopped checking for it.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    best damn sports show was the ? >>>>> first take

I used to watch it but for some reason I thought the show got cancelled so I stopped checking for it.

Its not? If it isn't I'm pretty sure Tom Arnold and Jon Salley left..
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    awfulannouncing.com/2014/february/few-people-made-the-trip-to-fox-sports-1-after-the-super-bowl.html

FEW PEOPLE MADE THE TRIP TO FOX SPORTS 1 AFTER THE SUPER BOWL

The Super Bowl was supposed to be a big opportunity for Fox Sports 1 to have a "second launch" and introduce itself to the nation as the "fun" alternative for a 24/7 cable sports network. Fox used Super Bowl week to run extensive amounts of on-site coverage of the big game and use other live events to promote the network.

One of the biggest bellwethers for Fox Sports 1 was just how much of the record 112.2 million viewers made the investment to check out postgame coverage on FS1 instead of ESPN. Given Fox's promotion of FS1 during the game, the network should have had high hopes.

In the end, FS Live's ratings were beaten almost 10-1 by ESPN directly after the game.

"Post Super Bowl numbers: ESPN's NFL Primetime drew 2.4M from 10:15-11:30; FS1's Fox Sports Live drew 282K from 10:15-midnight. — John Ourand (@Ourand_SBJ) February 4, 2014"

This has to be another in a growing number of ratings disappointments for Fox Sports for their cable network. The 282,000 viewers isn't even close to the record audience for Fox Sports Live to date, 522,000 viewers after an Oregon-Oregon State football game on the network.

Tuning into ESPN is a default option for sports fans and as we've always maintained, it's going to take a generation for Fox or NBC or anyone else to change that. No matter what network the Super Bowl is on, fans are either going to stick around for the sitcom following the game or switch to ESPN. Even NFL Network is ingrained as a solid second postgame option at this point.

However, given Fox had over 110 million people in the palm of their hands, the fact that a microscopic .2% of the audience decided to check out Fox Sports 1 has to be incredibly disconcerting. Clearly, it's going to take highly watched live sporting events on Fox Sports 1 itself to bring any kind of major audience to Fox Sports Live.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't watched this station since their first week
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every now and then ill check it out to see if i can catch charissa