SpiderMan (the ego,the heart, the web)

luke1733
luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in Waiting To Exhale
Part1The ego
Webs spin as I
? like a daddy-long leg in a ? pouring out endorphins. I need to get a word in that
if tears are the answer, cry me a river in the night and I'll be your necromancer.
Changing more than a traffic light, brought more back than hindsight.
Cut more smiles than cheese
Swam with more sharks than lawyers have fees and trees have leaves.
Turned more locks than keys; stealing angels wings. Camouflaged like leaves in fall I spring.
Below degrees like freeze.
I'm taking more forks to eat
than the Devil has pitches,swindling blood diamonds seized.
I'm dancing with two left feet to the beat,
so cold I feel the heat in the street on halloween. I’m mean. Taking candy like trick-or-treat.
And pulling toddlers two front teeth.
So clean I'm
Dirtier than a baseball cleat at home plate, honed in like missiles seeking Iran's yellow cake; indiscreet and cleaner than the whistle of a pistol. The kiss of death brought to you by Colgate. Abysmal.
If you have thorns, I am the thistle. I told electricity to stop the buzz because I sizzle.
Chiseled, bristled, tough like grizzled meat. I'm sharp like a 12 o'clock date. On the dot like a period in heat. Menstruate. Intercedes.
Carried more roles than actors have leads, strippers have disease, prayers have please,
flowers have seeds, oceans have reefs, winds make breeze, children have needs, goods have deeds,
and faith has belief. All my stars to goodness grief. I'm humbled like knees.

[Part2] -{The Heart}
Please forgive me father for my hunger and greed.
May praise, honor and glory be beseeched unto thee and thy will be done, cloaked, feathered in your embrace, traced by the blood of your son. May the trinity shine, for in Love is One.
But pain is not free; paid with misery, alcohol, church, psychiatry, charity, tears, change of hearts and depravity, people speaking ill of me, and infinite amounts of insecurity.
Maybe because I wasn't the favorite child in my own family.
Maybe it is because I saw what the world would think of me, as it tends to trends and mends the sins to
blend confusion with prejudice and reasons to deceive, distort or bend exploitations to label me as something Less than.
I'm speaking Truth to save lives like dolphins. Crooked smile, crocodile grin.
Can a man grow from his sins?
From what was sewn grew fruit in the end. What do mistakes say of men if I did it
knowing full well the repercussions yet I very well might do it again?
Choice is a lesson and life a decision.
Peter versus Paul, the struggle within. Genesis to covenants old and new testaments to the Book of Revelation.
From that prophesied- to truth. Defend
the blood of the resurrection covering you, like wool to sheep,
lies the sacrifice given also known as salvation.
I pray the lord my soul to keep.
Preach the gospel (!) the good news that Christ didn't leave us in defeat and the promise is
he will come back again
like a parent to a child-
We are his children.
Jacob to Israel. Abram to the children of Ham who then is Abraham, to the flood, to the Angels to the Nephalim.
Goliath, Melchizzadek, to Samson. Elijah, Ecclesiastes or Corinthians.
Blessing a curse, from Eve to Adam, Lucifer to Jesus and the 4 horsemen. Alpha Omega to The End.
Let the church say amen to Cheshire the cat to Alice in Wonderland.

[Part 3]-{The Web}
Sometimes I pretend to have consciousness when it transcends the fact that I am
here, does not mean that I am not also absent. Hello goodbye. Ascend to descend.
Focus. Focus. Memory. Hocus-pocus locusts, hairs, and stews, brewed, long noses with moles, flying on a broom.
Something chokes us. No iron lungs. Signs on the door in red, shaped like an octagon. Hung.
We all have been warned.
Bodies lay, swarms, what have we become?
More connected in technology to be only disillusioned to the thoughts- anthologies in your heart?
Numb feelings, off-beat healings, literature readings When Things Fall Apart.
Every end is but a new start. If so is the case, when will you go and
What will be your part?
Will you take from your children by choosing their parent through ? and then because of your selfish needs- and when their father leaves, you say “he has betrayed your trust?”
When you knew you knew good men, but you passed them up because virtuosity simply for you wasn't enough?
Then you cry for a good one when seeking the bad and wondering why at night you get what you have but do not need.
Will you find your lover based solely on loyalty, honesty and integrity?
Or will I do like the rest and disguise the mess of a love based on physicality instead of celestial qualities.
Then as I sleep next to her and listen to her breathe, I begin to regret the decision made. I tell others I couldn't have stayed. I now have what’s known as a broken home made.
I leave my child, my woman, my home, I leave it all… together alone.
Like the soul of the temptations "papa is a rolling stone"; and let another lay claim to my wife and that life to make me a trespasser on my former throne. Now my daughter,
my son and that woman are stuck in that web sewn. I weaved. Forever they are caught, entangled in despairs that I know they should never have received. A circle of ? ,
misplaced emotions made to repeat becomes the hushed creed.
I watch my son grow older and do the same to his child Rasheed; knowing exactly how this all came to be.
No talks for us fishing on the lake or the deepest of the Atlantic seas.
No church and bible studies and teachings of pride and love for Black History.
No strength in meekness because he had to be loud. The only man in the house. Too much bravado, but it made mother proud to see her son strike fear in others and so she allowed
such trivial traits to correlate to lacks of discipline and exacerbate lies to cover up a void within.
Always searching to be someone other than him for love and acceptance.
A rabid temper with no sense of self. Just a compilation of all his role models falling stars like pants with no belt.
My little boy I watch, screaming for help.
Tattooed arms, legs, pain on his skin written for the world to see a man stuck in a maze of confusion. Honey combs to a bee be wary of your attempt at intrusion.
No love for books and thoughts of the mind, no compassion, conclusion or empathy. Take and keep on using. Led by his stinger wondering what will be to the matrix of all of his musings.
A sign of the times, pheromones hypnotize the mind like a soliloquoy in search of a rhyme perusing
A woman that will take on a man's responsibilities he will seek and he will find,
due to the fact his mother was forced to play that role when I left her behind to groom him.
So the roles are reversed and his mate is as he and their children grow up questioning sexuality.
I watch this evolve and what can I say, I love my creation, come what may. I see in reverse his sister does the same. She finds a man she can rule.
She says she can tell the strength of a man by how much he is willing to act a fool. She pays the bills and she supports him too. She is now pregnant and thinks he will see her through.
She looks at me, her father, and testifies she does more
than I could do.
This is my flower bloomed.
With tears in my eyes I wonder what I can say to her tune. Maybe her notes are true. The mirror always displays the opposite of you.
To every number there is also a hue. Nothing means something and I have no clue.
So the sun shines early through a cloudy May.
I take out my deck of cards and look at the faces on the cards played.
Silk I see, traces the sky in a mid-air stream high.
I ponder about life and its quality of truths versus the lie. A spider out of silk
trying to design a dream. A wizard with no wand, no magic beam, a spider with only venom, a broken web weaved, a poet with no words, lost in translation cut at the seams

Comments