Bill Nye vs Ken Ham (Evolution vs Creation debate)

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judah Back wrote: »
    Buddha surpassed yahwah and reached true enlightenment.
    Maybe he did. Did he believe in the ? of Abraham? And who is yahweh?

Yahwuwah or however you spell Yah's name. Everyone knew of Iah/Yah/Jah/Yawuwhaw/ he was a moon ? originally and the Elohim were led by El and Yah, fought el and knocked him out and became Yahwah and became the most high. That's how it happened. Don't believe me hold Heylel(devil) hostage in the spirit world. You black, you can command and control demons like Solomon.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't worship idols, guy. Yahweh, Yawawawa or whatever is not the ? of Abraham whom I worship.

Exodus 3:13-14 KJV

And Moses said unto ? , Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The ? of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And ? said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

That does not translate to Jehovah/Yahweh/Yawawawhawa. Jehovah means something entirely different in Hebrew.

It is Ahayah Asher Ahayah, or simply Ahayah; transliterated as Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh in modern Hebrew (Yiddish).
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭

Lol as you see Yahweh or old testament ? is not true enlightenment.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't worship idols, guy. Yahweh, Yawawawa or whatever is not the ? of Abraham whom I worship.

And Moses said unto ? , Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The ? of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And ? said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

That does not translate to Jehovah/Yahweh/Yawawawhawa. Jehovah means something entirely different in Hebrew.

It is Ahayah Asher Ahayah, or simply Ahayah; transliterated as Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh in modern Hebrew (Yiddish).

Whateva semantics.
  • Black Boy King
    beenwize wrote: »

Lol as you see Yahweh or old testament ? is not true enlightenment.
    I beg to differ.

Proverbs 9:10 KJV

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding

I AM(Ahayah) is LORD.
  • Black Boy King

Whateva semantics.

No, its not semantics.

Ahayah (I AM) and Jehovah/Yahweh (Lord of the wicked) are 2 seperate entities.

If I go along with you and @beenwize calling him Yahweh, then your point could have validity because yahweh is indeed a false ? . It would leave the door open for you to attack my would-be ignorance of the origin of "Yahweh".

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭

Whateva semantics.

No, its not semantics.

If I go along with you and @beenwize calling him Yahweh, then your point could have validity because yahweh is indeed a false ? . It would leave the door open for you to attack my would-be ignorance of the origin of "Yahweh".

We are referring to the ? depicted in the kjv old testament.how hard is that to comprehend? We dont care what you label him. He is known by the mainstream Christians is Yahweh r Jehovah
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a difference between creation v. Evolution & intelligence v. Evolution.......

I would have murked Nye in the debate......

With all praise due to Allah.....

• Black Boy King
    beenwize wrote: »

Whateva semantics.

No, its not semantics.

We are referring to the ? depicted in the kjv old testament.how hard is that to comprehend? We dont care what you label him. He is known by the mainstream Christians is Yahweh r Jehovah

Ignorance.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here I though Bill Nye was dead. Why did i think that?

In any event I was going to watch this but:
    VIBE wrote: »
    Funny.

1621685_732035923529149_1860568303_n.jpg

Saved me some time.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Did this buddha believe in the ? of Abraham?

What does it matter?
  • Bodhi
    jono wrote: »
    And here I though Bill Nye was dead. Why did i think that?

In any event I was going to watch this but:
    Funny.

1621685_732035923529149_1860568303_n.jpg

Saved me some time.

There was a rumor not too long ago that he was dead. Maybe his obituary leaked.
  • Black Boy King
    edited February 2014
    Let the Word of ? be true and every man a liar, if anything, amen.

Oceanic wrote: »

What does it matter?

You dont have to answer the question if it makes you uncomfortable, brother. It's love.
  • Bodhi
    edited February 2014

What does it matter?

You dont have to answer the question if it makes you uncomfortable, brother. It's love.

It does not make me uncomfortable. Yet, if you do not have an answer for my question you can simply say so. I think the answer to your question is obvious; I'd rather get to the heart of the matter.
  • bambu
    Watched about half of it.........

Nye only addressed the time frame of a 4000 year old Earth & a global flood..........

Massive waste of time...........

@oceanic...........

Lets go, ? ..............

• Bodhi
    edited February 2014
    bambu wrote: »
    @oceanic...........

That is up to @Sion

Don't be in such a hurry to be defeated.
  • Black Boy King

What does it matter?

It does not make me uncomfortable. Yet, if you do not have an answer for my question you can simply say so. I think the answer to your question is obvious; I'd rather get to the heart of the matter.

Well because if he didn't then there is nothing to discuss; he'd be considered a fool that is corrupt and deceitful. Why would one follow after his example and take heed to his words?

Psalms 14:1 KJV

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no ? . They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

That is why it matters. So again, did this buddha believe in the ? of Abraham?
  • bambu
    @oceanic...........

That is up to @Sion

I don't need a ? permission to blast your silly ass..........

Every living thing has "programmed" or coded DNA instructions........

It has been observed to mutate..........

However, never surpass the limits of its instructions or DNA program.............

Thus, no new species or "kind"........

Explain how this backwards ? happens.............

217734-evolution-of-man.jpg

don-t-worry-i-ll-wait-o.gif

And miss me with the Kiwi & Duck-billed platypuses......

• Bodhi
    Sion wrote: »
    @Oceanic
    @bambu

Is there gonna be a sequel ?

yes
  • Bodhi

What does it matter?

Well because if he didn't then there is nothing to discuss; he'd be considered a fool that is corrupt and deceitful. Why would one follow after his example and take heed to his words?

Psalms 14:1 KJV

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no ? . They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

That is why it matters. So again, did this buddha believe in the ? of Abraham?

the issue is not whether or not Buddha believed in your ? ; on the contrary, we should discuss whether or not your bible verse has any truth to it. You can start by commenting on it.
  • Bodhi
    @oceanic...........

That is up to @Sion

I don't need a ? permission to blast your silly ass..........

Every living thing has "programmed" or coded DNA instructions........

It has been observed to mutate..........

However, never surpass the limits of its instructions or DNA program.............

Thus, no new species or "kind"........

Explain how this backwards ? happens.............

217734-evolution-of-man.jpg

don-t-worry-i-ll-wait-o.gif

And miss me with the Kiwi & Duck-billed platypuses......

lol.. I hope this isn't your best.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What evidence is there, besides the bible, that can disprove evolution and make the creation story true?

How can you ignore the geological/fossil layers, that in order, fossils are found to prove evolution?

None of the fossils then are the same as now, many evolved over time, this is recorded in the fossils and proved w side by side comparisons.

Can creationists explain this?
  • bambu
    Sion wrote: »
    @Oceanic
    @bambu

Is there gonna be a sequel ?

Yes........

The topic is evolution...........

The ? is arguing against this nonsense...........

• Bodhi
    edited February 2014
    @Judah
    I see your nosign and I don't know the particular reason why you nosigned my post without an explanation but what I mean by "make a comment on your bible verse" is this: You, quoting the Bible, made a claim that ? is true and every man a liar. Since you called me out, I responded by quoting the suttas and saying that such a claim is not wise. Whether or not Gautama believed in the Abrahamic ? is not the issue here; meaning if it is true that ? is indeed the truth and every man is a liar, Gautama's belief or non belief in that deity makes no difference and does not change that truth. So, what you would have to do now is expound on your claim that ? is true and every man a liar and hopefully prove it to be true. Since you were the one to make that claim (even through Biblical references), you will have to back it up. You cannot simply parrot a Bible verse and think you are using your brain.
  • Bodhi
    Can creationists explain this?

No they cannot. And I will demonstrate that inability to do so in the Social Lounge Debates with @bambu after I crush his ideologies for a second time.