2014 : HAS THE IC TURNED INTO A RAP BATTLEZONE ?

Options
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in Lyrical Executions
Hi Reason brotherhood

Recently we have witnessed BATTLES, recorded or written, involving newbies and vets, in numerous subforums !!

What do you think of the recent IC 's state of mind?

Will the vets survive?
Which rookies are rising?

Fell free to share

Brother Lemmy

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Chillin in Austin TX 11th st downtown blown as ? . Too many white people ...
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    We also want to know wether the vets were felling enough recognized for their craft.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    GodGivBiz wrote: »

How do you prepare a battle ( seriously) ?

How do you attack your opponent?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    @geechee
    @pimpmvp
    @_dub_

What is , according to you , battle rap?
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Battle rap is a art form of hip hop to test a emcees rap skills against each other. It is the clear cut way to determine who is better. ? can say they better than half of utah but until they battled and beat everybody in utah, their claim is disregarded.

Battle rap is a calculated and more thought out form of rapping. Album sales wont help you in a battle. If you call yourself a "rapper" and never battled then I question your integrity. Every ? think he the best but until you go to war with another mc then how do you know. It can't be two #1's. There is a hierarchy and ranking system in everything competitive.

Battle rap makes people be creative cuz you cant spit the same ? against every opponent. You know how often you have to think of new ? to stay as a top ranked ? . Wordplay, schemes, punchlines, and performance is all key in winning a battle. Some of specialize in different categories while others can cover every skill. Its all about your preparation and how you improve yourself after every battle.

To sum up, if you write random bars and feel you hot, battle then ? . If not then go write ? ? poems with wale.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    _DUB_ wrote: »
    Battle rap is a art form of hip hop to test a emcees rap skills against each other. It is the clear cut way to determine who is better. ? can say they better than half of utah but until they battled and beat everybody in utah, their claim is disregarded.

Battle rap is a calculated and more thought out form of rapping. Album sales wont help you in a battle. If you call yourself a "rapper" and never battled then I question your integrity. Every ? think he the best but until you go to war with another mc then how do you know. It can't be two #1's. There is a hierarchy and ranking system in everything competitive.

Battle rap makes people be creative cuz you cant spit the same ? against every opponent. You know how often you have to think of new ? to stay as a top ranked ? . Wordplay, schemes, punchlines, and performance is all key in winning a battle. Some of specialize in different categories while others can cover every skill. Its all about your preparation and how you improve yourself after every battle.

To sum up, if you write random bars and feel you hot, battle then ? . If not then go write ? ? poems with wale.

Can you give us your views on the IC battle landscape?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options

All about flaws and exageerating it while not being ashamed or oblvious of your own flaws. At the end of the day your basically dissing your opposition in the most creative non redudant way while trying to execute in a superior matter compared to your opponent.

Everyonr I battled either called me out or I called them out and tried my best to use whatever energy they had against me against them.

I know bias is akways involved so Im always studying my opponent based off that.

Sorta how karma works.

My latest opponent geechie I honestly have no venom for so its gonna be solely based on mt skill.

Also Im well aware its video vs text, and 80% will watch hus video vs my text.

So we agreed to do a 32 32 32 3 rounder where he posts his text next to mines to see how we stack up next to each other lyrically.

I expect him to slaughter me 3-O tho no debating.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Biz has autism mixed with adhd, holey ? who made him a mod?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options

All about flaws and exageerating it while not being ashamed or oblvious of your own flaws. At the end of the day your basically dissing your opposition in the most creative non redudant way while trying to execute in a superior matter compared to your opponent.

Everyonr I battled either called me out or I called them out and tried my best to use whatever energy they had against me against them.

I know bias is akways involved so Im always studying my opponent based off that.

Sorta how karma works.

My latest opponent geechie I honestly have no venom for so its gonna be solely based on mt skill.

Also Im well aware its video vs text, and 80% will watch hus video vs my text.

So we agreed to do a 32 32 32 3 rounder where he posts his text next to mines to see how we stack up next to each other lyrically.

I expect him to slaughter me 3-O tho no debating.

So even knowing that you gon lose bad, you will still go to battle.

Or are you just playing the humble card?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    @geechie

What are your thoughts on the upcoming battle against Godgivbiz?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    @_dub_

Would you hold your fist battling a female rapper like the @dabride_22?

Is there a place for chivalry in the cypha?