Tha Hell is Wrong with Marcus Smart? (Shoves a Fan)

Options
13»

Comments

• Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Coffeyville is close to oklahoma tho
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe so. One of those towns that I used to always see gettin' melted by tornados on the news. lol. Seem like twisters would always do a hopscotch over Tulsa and melt y'all Kansas muhfuggas every year. In my 17 years of living in OK I never actually had to deal with one.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    That pointing lady is why i cant stand white people sometimes smh

That's all i'm saying. All the moral self-righteousness of centuries of white privilege came out in that one damn finger. Made me more mad than the dude talking all that ? ...that white ? had my eye twitching. "How dare that ? defend himself?!"

And you know Orr was dropping those racial epithets, ain't no college ball player who's heard all types of things going into the stands over some fat ? calling him a piece of ? . He's heard worse than that in practice.

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    That pointing lady is why i cant stand white people sometimes smh

That's all i'm saying. All the moral self-righteousness of centuries of white privilege came out in that one damn finger. Made me more mad than the dude talking all that ? ...that white ? had my eye twitching. "How dare that ? defend himself?!"

And you know Orr was dropping those racial epithets, ain't no college ball player who's heard all types of things going into the stands over some fat ? calling him a piece of ? . He's heard worse than that in practice.

lol and co-sign @ the bold.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @FuckYouSayWillis?
    Mally_G wrote: »
    playing basketball in junior high school in 1990 , we had a school on the schedule known for their racism. before the game on the bus, the coach told us we're about to go into an environment that most of us may have never encountered before and don't let what they say, throw at us, or do to us, bother our game.

when we arrived at the school, they wouldn't even let us into the locker room, claiming it wasn't suitable for our team to be in because "the heat doesn't work". So we had to sit on the bus up to the time to do our warm ups. When we came up to the school and they let us in the double doors, we had to walk through the tunnel, and the place was pure mayhem. They shouted ? down on us, they threw ice, and water down on us. Lord knows if they spit on us. You could feel the hostility like a 1000 pound gorilla on our heads. The pressure of the racism was too much for us to even try to handle. From that moment, we were shook 13-15 year olds who only heard/seen of this ? on videos during Black History Month. We were living that ? , for real.

During the game, they already had us mentally/psychologically because of the crowd, but then they physically beat us up during the game, because of what happened before the game. We didn't put up much of a fight. Our coach took anyone out who got pushed out of their box and didn't hustle for rebounds. The referees were enjoying our beating and let all types of ? slide because we were playing like ? 's. At halftime, one of my teammates made a joke, and coach didn't play him at all during the second half. We lost that game, and it was the last game we lost for the rest of the season. When that school came to our court, we hung 100 on them in revenge. We didn't retaliate physically when all that ? went down, we beat them down on the court.

That ? was a lesson learned and a memorable moment in my life dealing with racism in sports.

Sounds how it was playing in Philadelphia,ms.. One of the most racist places in MS History... We went up there to play Neshoba Central, they called us all kinda ? , and ? and monkeys..we ended up getting dress in that Lil shed becuz something was suppose to be wrong with the gym.. . The refs called back at least 5 tds... And we still put a basketball score on that ass.. 57-6 and they bullshited like ? to get those 6.. They threw all kinda ? at our bus when we were leaving and I was just thinking.. Who the ? picked for us to come all the way to this ?

Which school you play for? And smh, that's sounds right for Neshoba County. Only place worse some of the private academies up north in the MS Delta..

I was at mccomb then.. We had like 2 white dudes on the team.. Both were kickers.. I felt a Lil ? becuz their best players were 2 black dudes... And they had just elected its first black mayor so there was alot of tension up there.. But they got that work that night
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    i must be the only one that thinks its irrelevant what the dude or any fan yells to a playeras a league, you can't go out and say that "its never ok to attack a fan...but we'll make some exceptions if it was racist, bigoted, or any other form of insult that we may deem as warranting a response from the player"

U r not. I've seen dozens of white privilege comments all over the net. Talking bout"it doesn't matter what a fan sez" smh.

It's either u crackas will never understand or u all r willfully ignorant, knowing the ? u say causes a reaction but choose to ignore it and claim innocence during the repercussions.