Samuel L Jackson: Hollywood Avoids Real Issues of Racism

13»

Comments

• BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    So you are saying Nat Turner was successful?

Am I?

So not your going to post nonsense because you can't disprove or produce an argument. Good for you bruh bruh

Cool.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    Will they make a Black Wall Street movie is what I'm concerned about or a Nat Turner bi-opic. Or will they get bold and make a movie about the Black Seminole rebellion that killed 400 whites.

Definatley ain't gonna do that. The Seminoles have a deeper hidden history that they would have to bring to the light to make a movie lik that.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to see a ? whites movie you better wish for a Dessalines movie
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    Will they make a Black Wall Street movie is what I'm concerned about or a Nat Turner bi-opic. Or will they get bold and make a movie about the Black Seminole rebellion that killed 400 whites.

I would like to see Black Wall Street made into an well produced Mini-Series. I just don't see a 90 min movie telling the story good enough.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kai wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXt69dWvT4Y

okay found the clip i was talking about, oh and it was the writer of the movie, not the director. it's good tho

I saw this ? when it first came on. ? was wack.

Of course Hollywood got the lightskinned ? to tell the story.

And I'm a fan of Bill forreal. I don't like everything he does and he really could practice what he preaches and get a more diverse panel.

I watch Bill every week but i wasn't feelin him bringin this ? ass ? on the show.

What?! don't kno if ur trollin or not. but I watched the episode live. and didn't see a problem with it.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks got caught up in the messenger and lost sight of the real issue.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marc123 wrote: »
    kai wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXt69dWvT4Y

okay found the clip i was talking about, oh and it was the writer of the movie, not the director. it's good tho

I saw this ? when it first came on. ? was wack.

Of course Hollywood got the lightskinned ? to tell the story.

And I'm a fan of Bill forreal. I don't like everything he does and he really could practice what he preaches and get a more diverse panel.

I watch Bill every week but i wasn't feelin him bringin this ? ass ? on the show.

What?! don't kno if ur trollin or not. but I watched the episode live. and didn't see a problem with it.

@Noodles doesn't troll.

I'm just keepin it 100. I've been ridin with Sam and Nick Cannon since day 1. And actually way before that.

The only thing good about it is that our kids see the vast contrast between how we were and how we are today. But there's better and more productive and effective ways of doing that.

list some...

• The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree wholeheartedly with Samuel L Jackson. He hit the nail on the head, as well as the posters in this thread that alluded to the limited mainstream earning potential of the hypothetical accurate portrayal movies without a 'white slant' or white savior tropes.

Whites will not pay for anything that doesn't oversimplify and romanticize racism with overtones reeking of "that was in the past, you blacks aren't oppressed anymore and we're no longer the bad guys." Any mainstream movie that attempts to depict racism whites require a cathartic 'happy ending' that absolves them of any shame or guilt. They don't want to be reminded that their hegemonic power in our society is entirely built upon racism and oppression.

It's the exact reason Danny Glover couldn't obtain the cash and resources from Hollywood to make a Toussaint L'ouverture film.
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Poor Denmark Vessey, he gets ratted on so he doesn't get to ? white people and now no one shows him any love. :(