matthsn 1 vote
someone else i'm missing
0%

Comments

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    flash (barry allen)
    It's between the 2 flashes, nobody ? with a ? that can run through time, become tangible and make whirlwinds capable of taking down buildings with his hands.
  • Sour-Cream
    edited January 2014
    Options
    flash (barry allen)
    My bad, Wally is faster.

There's been instances where Wally helped Barry out.
    flash%2Brebirth%2B6.jpg

Barry_Allen__Wally_West.jpg
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    flash (wally west)
    wally is that ? , i'm bout to buy all the new 52 flashes with my tax return....

unless....

yal know somewhere i can read them online....
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    flash (barry allen)
    Barry Allen is the fastest man in comic books.
  • Broddie
    Options
    flash (barry allen)
    My bad, Wally is faster.

There's been instances where Wally helped Barry out.
    flash%2Brebirth%2B6.jpg

Barry_Allen__Wally_West.jpg

Nah Barry is faster and he has more speed force based powers than Wally too. Flash Rebirth sucked BTW. I wouldn't use that as a measure for anything.

• Sour-Cream
    Options
    flash (barry allen)
    Do you have evidence behind that statement? I mean Wally learned to time travel at 10 but I guess he has more control over his speed than Barry but Barry could also be faster with no control. Wally is older so that gives him more experience.
  • Broddie
    Options
    flash (barry allen)
    Du_Du wrote: »
    wally is that ? , i'm bout to buy all the new 52 flashes with my tax return....

unless....

yal know somewhere i can read them online....

It's a really good series. Best Flash ongoing in years. It will be tricky to get all the individual issues by this point though. You're better off buying the trades.

• Broddie
    edited January 2014
    Options
    flash (barry allen)
    Do you have evidence behind that statement? I mean Wally learned to time travel at 10 but I guess he has more control over his speed than Barry but Barry could also be faster with no control. Wally is older so that gives him more experience.

Barry Allen once ran so fast that you needed a new number to describe it because infinity wasn't enough. Barry Allen accomplished feats in the silver age that would make Wally West blush. Dude once outraced the speed of life. Barry Allen is able to phase through objects successfully unlike Wally (who always ends up botching his phases) because he's faster.

Let's not even get to what happened after they brought him back from the dead. Not only did he outrun the black racer (New Gods version of Death) with Wally but he also managed to cross different planes between life and death, mortals and gods before doing so which is how he came back in the first place. Hell they made it clear that Barry was still superior to Wally in speed when they made Barry himself the source of the speed force.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    flash (barry allen)
    I always liked Barry's character better, dude is humble. Wally is way more arrogant.
  • Broddie
    Options
    flash (barry allen)
    I'm more attached to Wally cause I've been reading comic books since 1988 and I basically grew with the character. Similar to pre-Flashpoint ? Grayson. I do like Barry too though, much more silver to bronze age than the one that came back after Final Crisis though. Geoff Johns did this weird thing with Rebirth and after where he made Barry very mopey and angsty elements which are out of character for Barry so I wasn't really feeling that. New 52 has brought back that classic Barry Allen demeanor in a modern way though so he finally feels like what Barry Allen was before death again.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Barry Allen once ran so fast that you needed a new number to describe it because infinity wasn't enough. Barry Allen accomplished feats in the silver age that would make Wally West blush. Dude once outraced the speed of life. Barry Allen is able to phase through objects successfully unlike Wally (who always ends up botching his phases) because he's faster.

Let's not even get to what happened after they brought him back from the dead. Not only did he outrun the black racer (New Gods version of Death) with Wally but he also managed to cross different planes between life and death, mortals and gods before doing so which is how he came back in the first place. Hell they made it clear that Barry was still superior to Wally in speed when they made Barry himself the source of the speed force.

Old School DC stuff was so stupid. They took things too far sometimes, like with Superman sneezing and blowing away galaxies. Come on, really?
  • Broddie
    edited January 2014
    Options
    flash (barry allen)

Old School DC stuff was so stupid. They took things too far sometimes, like with Superman sneezing and blowing away galaxies. Come on, really?

That didn't stop the stories from being well written though. Some of the very best Superman and Flash stories are from the silver age and bronze age.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I guess it depends on your definition of well written. For me it kinda kills the whole story if you build up to a certain point and then resolve every thing with a ? asspull. But to be fair, the DEM that Marvel pulled with characters like Reed Richards and Dr. Strange was almost as bad. But I'd still take some crazy DEM from Marvel's top sorcerer over a character running so fast that infinity isn't big enough to describe the speed. Like what the hell does that even mean.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    flash (barry allen)
    Barry does.

? resets time he runs so fast. He runs to different universes hes so fast.

Other might have done that too but im not well educated on Wally.
  • Broddie
    Options
    flash (barry allen)
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Barry does.

? resets time he runs so fast. He runs to different universes hes so fast.

Other might have done that too but im not well educated on Wally.

Wally was the first Flash to go back in time without a cosmic treadmill. Multiple times too. Of course Barry proved to be able to do the same and more eventually when he returned.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du Du forgot

Captainmarvel.JPG

and

Garrick_ross.jpg

They might not be faster than Barry, but "M," in "SHAZAM," represents the "Speed of Mercury."

That didn't stop the stories from being well written though. Some of the very best Superman and Flash stories are from the silver age and bronze age.

Broddie, you got to admit that Dc's multiverse is some straight ? and is one of the things that Marvel has over DC. I've never liked the concept of the mulitverse, ? as as wack as the Legion of Superpets.

• Broddie
    edited January 2014
    Options
    flash (barry allen)
    Du Du forgot

Captainmarvel.JPG

and

Garrick_ross.jpg

They might not be faster than Barry, but "M," in "SHAZAM," represents the "Speed of Mercury."

Broddie, you got to admit that Dc's multiverse is some straight ? and is one of the things that Marvel has over DC. I've never liked the concept of the mulitverse, ? as as wack as the Legion of Superpets.

The multiverse is actually a key reason why I am a DC guy and I was glad when the concept was brought back even though with Elseworlds it never really went away. Growing up I preferred pre-crisis to post-crisis for that reason and a lot of my favorite stories are also Elseworlds like Kingdom Come and The Dark Knight Returns. It gives way more freedom to the writers and leads to more interesting stories you can't otherwise tell with these great characters.

Like Earth 2 right now is one of my favorite books cause it's a world where anything is possible (Like Superman becoming a ? of Darkseid, Batman & Catwoman's daughter running around the New 52 multiverse, Mercury himself giving Jay Garrick his speed before dying instead of the standard chemical accident, Thomas Wayne becoming a more hardened Batman to honor Bruce's death etc.) as opposed to having to abide by editorial mandates with just one universe.

Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew >>>>>
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    flash (wally west)
    Wally West is consistently the fastest flash. Running through universes in seconds, outrunning black racer (IIRC he also did this), running back in time w/o assistance, supposedly having attosecond reaction times, and in the fight with Zoom, he was said to be the fastest Flash and was chosen as the vessel to all of their speed. also he outraced teleportation.

Oh my bad, I should have voted someone else you're missing. Zoom is much faster.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Du Du forgot

Captainmarvel.JPG

and

Garrick_ross.jpg

Marvel is a multiverse too and the eXiles was a comic that pretty much focused on a group jumping from universe to univers. It was actually one of the better books to come out of Marvel in a while.

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd say Wally or you can throw Impulse in there as well