13»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Tiamut scathan and fullcrum are Def above Galactus

You continuing to say that doesn't make it true. What are you basing it on?
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    No celestials can beat galactus ? ...known of them...no cosmic are above galactus...outside LT...the only reason galactus is considered below eternity is because eternity doesn't need to eat to maintain power there have been times when galactus appeared more powerful than eternity...galactus has come office more powerful than death before as well, I consider them all equals...but because of the feeding BS...I will put them above gal...no one else Why is this up for discussion.

? 10 celestials were getting worked out by Odin with the destroyer...arishem tiamut and exitar are all hella powerful tiamiut is the ? of celestials...they are all below galactus...galactus fought alternate universe mad celestials...not 616...anyways...

the part about Odin isn't true, unless there's another issue you're referring to. Odin, Zeus and Vishnu weren't even able to get Arishem's attention with their attacks. IIRC, this is when they got the Destroyer and it was powered by skyfathers. The Celestials still defeated the Destroyer armor and I'd say that Tiamut and Scathan for sure are above Galactus in power, possibly the dreaming celestial and exitar as well. Scathan was, at the very minimum as powerful as LT. Some speculated that he could've been TOAA or an agent of TOAA. There was also a theory that he had a similar role as the LT, but he was definetly as powerful if not more than LT.

I'm going to need to see some kinda proof that these Celestials are more powerful than Galactus. I'm not saying it's true but I've never seen anything that has directly placed any of the Celestials on that level. I've never seen anything that put any of them on part with Eternity let alone the Living Tribunal.

It's been that way for quite some time now. You can use the first examples of Celestials invading Asgard to show their relative powerlevels. Arishem was able to take a combined assualt from Odin and two other skyfathers (Vishnu & Zeus) with no effect whatsoever. Arishem isn't even the most powerful Celestial. Tiamut and Exitar are more powerful. When Tiamut "awakened" Galactus knew what fear was. A fully fed Galactus may be as powerful. That would be a good fight to see. I can see how this is up for debate though since Marvel has never shown a fully fed Galactus and a named Celestial fight.
  • jaxn
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The story with Scathan, Protege and LT was a bit strange so i guess it's all on your interpretation. In that story though, I don't know if Scathan was being empowered by TOAA or what to accomplish what he did. I'll concede that Scathan shouldn't be as powerful as LT, but for whatever reason he judged Protege and the LT accepted his verdict. Like with all debates with folks at this power level, it's really all on how you interpret certain stories. They can all get a bit silly at times
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    It's been that way for quite some time now. You can use the first examples of Celestials invading Asgard to show their relative powerlevels. Arishem was able to take a combined assualt from Odin and two other skyfathers (Vishnu & Zeus) with no effect whatsoever. Arishem isn't even the most powerful Celestial. Tiamut and Exitar are more powerful. When Tiamut "awakened" Galactus knew what fear was. A fully fed Galactus may be as powerful. That would be a good fight to see. I can see how this is up for debate though since Marvel has never shown a fully fed Galactus and a named Celestial fight.

I always shy away from declaring one party more powerful than another party based on how they compared to a third party, especially when those comparisons take place decades apart. Odin doesn't exactly do to well against Galactus either. He put everything he had into an attack on Galactus. He managed to knock Galactus down, but Galactus quickly got up while Odin fell into a coma. And that was probably just Galactus at a reasonably fed or average power level.

As for Galactus feeling fear, I don't know how you take that. I mean, he said he felt pain for the first time in a long time when Thor hit him with his hammer, and then he proceeded to toss Thor to the side like trash.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    This is true...as much inconsistency as mainstream guys have (this, hulk, spidey, sentry) the cosmics are a wreck with consistency. Once you get past team buster we're talking extreme discrepancy from writer to writer. Exitar is about to get his ass whooped by Thor in the new avengers book...ex-nihilo can create life but looks to be well below Thor...so ? ...@jaxn and @theloniousmonk y'all are the two cats I respect most here so...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    This is true...as much inconsistency as mainstream guys have (this, hulk, spidey, sentry) the cosmics are a wreck with consistency. Once you get past team buster we're talking extreme discrepancy from writer to writer. Exitar is about to get his ass whooped by Thor in the new avengers book...ex-nihilo can create life but looks to be well below Thor...so ? ...@jaxn and @theloniousmonk y'all are the two cats I respect most here so...

Thanks. This is like a four man forum though right? Me, you, jaxn, and bcotton. lol
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks. This is like a four man forum though right? Me, you, jaxn, and bcotton. lol

lol ? said he don't respect me
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    ^^^^^^no diss fam! But you sleep on them links in the marvel now thread my ? ...! Did exitar fight Thor yet? Respect to @bcotton5
  • jaxn
    Options

I always shy away from declaring one party more powerful than another party based on how they compared to a third party, especially when those comparisons take place decades apart. Odin doesn't exactly do to well against Galactus either. He put everything he had into an attack on Galactus. He managed to knock Galactus down, but Galactus quickly got up while Odin fell into a coma. And that was probably just Galactus at a reasonably fed or average power level.

As for Galactus feeling fear, I don't know how you take that. I mean, he said he felt pain for the first time in a long time when Thor hit him with his hammer, and then he proceeded to toss Thor to the side like trash.

I agree with your point, that's why I also consider their histories. Odin doesnt do well against Galactus because Galactus is just more powerful. Odin gets a lot of props because of Thor and he's basically the face of the skyfathers The last fight between Odin/Galactus and Thor/Surfer was some of the worse writing I've ever seen. It's especially bad when the writer specifically said, the battle would be epic. There were like 19 headbutt exchanges int hat story arc. Either Thor was headbutting Surfer or Odin was headbutting Galactus.
  • jaxn
    Options

I agree with your point, that's why I also consider their histories. Odin doesnt do well against Galactus because Galactus is just more powerful. Odin gets a lot of props because of Thor and he's basically the face of the skyfathers The last fight between Odin/Galactus and Thor/Surfer was some of the worse writing I've ever seen. It's especially bad when the writer specifically said, the battle would be epic. There were like 19 headbutt exchanges int hat story arc. Either Thor was headbutting Surfer or Odin was headbutting Galactus.
  • matthsn
    matthsn Members Posts: 30
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    I love Marvel Cosmics the most. I am reading these comics from my childhood.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish I could get in this argument but Marvel Cosmics and DC Endless is something I haven't really read in depth. I just started on my Sandman collection (got the whole collection in cbr format), but I'm a lil more aware of the Marvel side but not fully. Annihilation was my first full foray into Marvel Cosmics.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Marvel Cosmics
    I wish I could get in this argument but Marvel Cosmics and DC Endless is something I haven't really read in depth. I just started on my Sandman collection (got the whole collection in cbr format), but I'm a lil more aware of the Marvel side but not fully. Annihilation was my first full foray into Marvel Cosmics.

Yeah, and Annihilation didn't have many high level Cosmics, only Galactus, Aegis, and Tenebrous.