Official NBA All Star Weekend//Trade Deadline Thread

13»

Comments

• one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    I see Afflalo getting traded to a contender. His game has elevated and his defense has been underrated.

This will be season Spurs make a deal. They desperately need one.

Spurs are supposedly interested in Evan Turner. That would be a nice move.

Blazers need to ship Mo-Williams for a legit PF back up Meyers Leonard ain't ? .

CJ McCollum got potential to be a solid player he's already shown flashes of it.

OKC can say goodbye to Reggie Jackson after this season cause some team gonna pay him. Might as well as grab a player who you can use as insurance in case he leaves. Turner/Afflalo would be a great fit for them even Gerald Henderson fro the Bobcats.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres nothing miami can do during the trade deadline that can help them get passed the indiana pacers from a basketball standpoint

luckily for them no doubt in my mind adam silver wants kd to beat lebron in the finals or at least meet so the league can have its first real player rivalry since magic/bird so it can push his reign like it pushed david sterns

? around and find yourself in a game 7 home or away it dont matter and watch the refs come out in heat jerseys rebounding for them during shootaround and ?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rookie sophomore game should be fun. Anthony Davis will be gunning for that MVP
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    I see Afflalo getting traded to a contender. His game has elevated and his defense has been underrated.

That would be an awful pick up. He isn't that good on defense, isn't a good 3 point shooter, contract about to expire and needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Doesn't fit any needs of the team

We need a taller, athletic wing defender who can knock down open 3's or a big who can help guard the rim, rebound and finish strong around the rim when spoon feed.

Afflalo would be perfect but Orlando is gonna get way more than the Spurs could offer, Wilson Chandler would be a solid choice also.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be an awful pick up. He isn't that good on defense, isn't a good 3 point shooter, contract about to expire and needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Doesn't fit any needs of the team

We need a taller, athletic wing defender who can knock down open 3's or a big who can help guard the rim, rebound and finish strong around the rim when spoon feed.

Afflalo would be perfect but Orlando is gonna get way more than the Spurs could offer, Wilson Chandler would be a solid choice also.

If anything maybe some depth at the big but Kawhi, Green, Manu and Belinelli is a solid group of wings I don't even think Wilson would be an upgrade and like you said odds are Afflalo isn't happening, the biggest thing is to get Kawhi back and Manu back healthy before the playoffs and hope they don't suffer any major injuries, I really don't think yall need anything
  • af.r.i.c.a.

You can't really trust ginobli in the playoffs tho and Kawii has regressed this year. Turner is versatile player who can be had for cheap due to his contract expiring this summer. Afflalo ain't happening unless they give up Kawii and that won't happen. Spurs really don't have the resources to make a big move but turner makes the most sense realistically. Maybe trade Danny Green a expiring and a 1st

• #1hiphopjunki3

You can't really trust ginobli in the playoffs tho and Kawii has regressed this year. Turner is versatile player who can be had for cheap due to his contract expiring this summer. Afflalo ain't happening unless they give up Kawii and that won't happen. Spurs really don't have the resources to make a big move but turner makes the most sense realistically. Maybe trade Danny Green a expiring and a 1st

What in Sam hell are you talking about man? LMAO.

Kawhi has been playing pretty good besides his 3 point shooting which was getting better before he broke his hand. Not to mention he is averaging the same numbers in less minutes than last season before getting hurt. His handles, driving and finishing with his left has gotten way better also. I've watched damn near every Spurs game the last 3 seasons due to NBA league pass and a favorable work schedule, I know my team pretty well.

Turner's stats look as good as they do because he gets to shoot as much as he wants to and handle the ball a whole lot. With the Spurs and the way they run offense you need floor spacers and Turner isn't a floor spacer. Danny Green is a floor spacer, better defender and on a cheaper deal that last 1 more year than Turner. I agreed that the Spurs didn't have enough to get Afflalo in the post you responded to also. LOL.
  • #1hiphopjunki3

If anything maybe some depth at the big but Kawhi, Green, Manu and Belinelli is a solid group of wings I don't even think Wilson would be an upgrade and like you said odds are Afflalo isn't happening, the biggest thing is to get Kawhi back and Manu back healthy before the playoffs and hope they don't suffer any major injuries, I really don't think yall need anything

I hope you are right about all the team needs is to get healthy but Manu and Marco aren't all that great at guarding wings. Manu is still decent at defense but Marco isn't that great and like you agreed we really need another guy to help guard the rim.

Lord knows I hope you are right though about the team getting better with health.
  • af.r.i.c.a.

What in Sam hell are you talking about man? LMAO.

Kawhi has been playing pretty good besides his 3 point shooting which was getting better before he broke his hand. Not to mention he is averaging the same numbers in less minutes than last season before getting hurt. His handles, driving and finishing with his left has gotten way better also. I've watched damn near every Spurs game the last 3 seasons due to NBA league pass and a favorable work schedule, I know my team pretty well.

Turner's stats look as good as they do because he gets to shoot as much as he wants to and handle the ball a whole lot. With the Spurs and the way they run offense you need floor spacers and Turner isn't a floor spacer. Danny Green is a floor spacer, better defender and on a cheaper deal that last 1 more year than Turner. I agreed that the Spurs didn't have enough to get Afflalo in the post you responded to also. LOL.

I thought Kawii was due for a break out year but after showing out in the playoffs last year but he's still pretty much the same player. Same with Harrison Barnes but Barnes plays behind 3 or 4 guys who get more shots then he does. I just think the spurs need another scorer just incase the suffer a serious injury before the playoffs. As deep as the west is if any of their key players get hurt and have to miss the first round of the playoffs or more then they might be in trouble.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to all star weekend...I'm trying to see Kemp, GP...and of course MJ in the celebrity game....
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should add a 1 on 1 event
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard Deng might get traded again
    the Suns, Bobcats, Wizards, and Pistons are potential places he might go to
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pistons seem like the best fit, if they move Monroe, throw Josh at the 4, defensively they would be a problem, but offensively they will still have problems
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

At this point I bet he would love to go to any of those teams to get away from Cleveland

• af.r.i.c.a.

Deng to the suns would be solid and it would work financially because the suns have okafors 14 mil expiring anther team that wiuld make sense with a expiring is the bobcats who have Ben Gordon's 14 mil exp. Both team ps have multiple 1st round picks

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That be dope if Detroit got Deng