Fair or Foul? - Religious owned businesses can refuse service to homosexuals

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    If white clubs can turn black folk away for "baggy jeans"...

And im noticin a pattern. @Vibe is a ? pacifist. He pacifies ?

ive been 2 a club where i was not able 2 get in cuz of my shirt... my friend and i was able 2 swap shirts (he had better fitting pants) and he got in... i knew what it was but hey they had the right 2 refuse anybody 4 anything *shrugs*
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can never understand hating someone because they are different even if you are religious. Being religious should make you be more humble and respectful than the opposite. You know my feelings on ? , but refusing to serve them will open up to refusing people for being people in general. Things such as clothing and etiquette does not compare to sexuality or race. If they want to refuse making money then so be it though.

Bingo.
    jono wrote: »
    Saying you support the right to refuse is basicaly like saying you supported segregation.

different... these people are saying they dont want 2 be around/ disagree with that life style (religious reasons)... segregation was based off our color only..
    Religion was used then too.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    If white clubs can turn black folk away for "baggy jeans"...

And im noticin a pattern. @Vibe is a ? pacifist. He pacifies ?

I support everyone's equal rights.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This society is trying to force social evolution and etiquette.

Eventually things will reach a tipping point. You can't force beliefs and tolerances on ppl and not expect rebelion.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's fair cause it's their belief but also.......
    If it is acceptable for them to do this against ? , it should also be acceptable in the case of blacks. So foul.

• laydee
    laydee Members Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    laydee wrote: »
    Fair. Business is business and I respect the right to refuse service.

I hope that one day you experience someone's "right" to refuse YOU service!!
    I already have.

I brushed it off and took my money elsewhere.

I wasn't wearing a tie and blazer and they wouldn't let me dine in their restaurant.

You can't get mad and catch feelings bcuz someone doesn't want your money. Chalk that ? up and keep pushing.

Oh my dear do not try to compare your lack of dress etiquette to the actual struggle.
    laydee wrote: »
    Fair. Business is business and I respect the right to refuse service.
    and i hope no one ever OD's in your establishment.

blame the "I'll Sue You For My Negligence" types for our stance...

I honestly hope you are joking, I refuse to believe their is no hope for your society!!

• Rozetta5tone
    Being ? isn't a real struggle. Foh with that ? .
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? 's shouldn't even wanna shop in places like that anyways tbh. If they don't like you ? 'em they can't have your money.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    i think it should be fair to do this. the govt controls all of the vital necessities anyway. futhermore, some ppl are too greedy to not make money. if mcdonalds wont serve ? , burger king will advertise ? burgers.
  • laydee
    Being ? isn't a real struggle. Foh with that ? .

My dear get an education....it helps in real life :)
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y'all don't know how immature and irrational y'all sound...
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair.

If they don't wanna serve ? then they aint gotta serve ? its their business and can't nobody tell them how to run that ? , let the ? go be ? somewhere else. I'm sure they will find service somewhere that accepts their kind.

Suck that ? up and keep it moving.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    keep in mind that the discrimination u support today will be the discrimination u are a victim of tomorrow...

good!! its what my socio political group needs!! id love it if we werent allowed to shop at wal mart anymore for being black. id love it if nike said "no blacks allowed in factory outlet stores".

and id bust a nut in my pants if koreans said "no blacks can buy weave, perm, or any other hair care products from us"

just too bad they'd never say it because its what makes them rich. integration did nothing but provide an illusion of prosperity in the black community. that why things are worse now than they were in the 50's and 60's

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Saying you support the right to refuse is basicaly like saying you supported segregation.

Not exactly, but closer than these dudes apparently think.

If people have a right to discriminate against ? because of their religious belief, why shouldn't they have a right to discriminate against blacks if their religion says that that is what believers must do? I mean, how can y'all not see that supporting the right to discrimination in the one case opens up the door to discrimination against blacks as well?

A libertarian view is problematic for much of the same reasons.

I gotta say, the responses to this thread are really troubling.
  • Rozetta5tone
    I don't need to be educated on sexuality.

I haven't said anything homophobic. That's the problem. ? think they are special and deserve treatment as such.

True there are some hardships ? face but they are no greater or lesser than any minority.

Foh with that ? .
  • laydee
    I don't need to be educated on sexuality.

I haven't said anything homophobic. That's the problem. ? think they are special and deserve treatment as such.

True there are some hardships ? face but they are no greater or lesser than any minority.

Foh with that ? .

I disagree with you, true statement of an imbecile!!!!
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can never understand hating someone because they are different even if you are religious. Being religious should make you be more humble and respectful than the opposite. You know my feelings on ? , but refusing to serve them will open up to refusing people for being people in general. Things such as clothing and etiquette does not compare to sexuality or race. If they want to refuse making money then so be it though.

Bingo.

different... these people are saying they dont want 2 be around/ disagree with that life style (religious reasons)... segregation was based off our color only..
    Religion was used then too.

for some yes they did... but the difference is along with refusing us cuz of our color we was COMPLETELY segregated... ? was never technically segregated from our population.. plus if a business dont want ? in they place they will find ways keep them out by targeting ? stereotypes like they do now with "ghetto blacks"
  • Rozetta5tone
    Whatever bro. Humanity is a vast array of personalities, beliefs, history and experiences.

You can't expect ppl to be tolerant and accept a lifestyle that goes against the "norm".

Get off your high horse.
  • laydee
    Whatever bro. Humanity is a vast array of personalities, beliefs, history and experiences.

You can't expect ppl to be tolerant and accept a lifestyle that goes against the "norm".

Get off your high horse.

Excuse me 'bro'....I sincerely hope your fingers slipped from the keyboard, when you typed the above.

Their is no way a human can be this stupid!! What is the norm in 2014 (I shall leave you to ponder this).
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭

Not exactly, but closer than these dudes apparently think.

If people have a right to discriminate against ? because of their religious belief, why shouldn't they have a right to discriminate against blacks if their religion says that that is what believers must do? I mean, how can y'all not see that supporting the right to discrimination in the one case opens up the door to discrimination against blacks as well?

A libertarian view is problematic for much of the same reasons.

I gotta say, the responses to this thread are really troubling.

we want to be openly discriminated against. its honest and we know exactly who everyone is. you want to shop at white businesses so bad, that you dont even care if they use the profits to invest in the prison industrial complex in which blacks are disproportionately thrown into and made into slaves LEGALLY AND LITERALLY.

this is the reality that integration blinds you from seeing

if macy's hung up a sign that says "no blacks" good!!! we'll just buy cheap perfume and fancy shoes from a black owned business. we've been thru this before and we were doing better then. with our knowledge and capabilities, along with technological advancements such as the internet, we'd be better off. every time you go to olive garden they want to call you a ? and kick you out, but they smile in your face because its the law and you spend $50 plus a tip in there. they are forced to accommodate you they dont WANT to.

why are you afraid of losing this?? there's a difference between needs and wants. we dont need jordans and 20 dollar tickets to go see "the butler" in a white owned movie theater.

I'm all for supporting black businesses, but allowing private businesses to discriminate allows them to publicly declare that blacks are an inferior kind of being. If a lot of places did that, they would effectively, and more clearly than is done now, publicly stamp blacks as second-class citizens. It would be similar to the Jim Crow era.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    If it is acceptable for them to do this against ? , it should also be acceptable in the case of blacks. So foul.

it's not that people are saying it's "okay" to be that petty...just saying that it's understood that not everybody in life is gonna accept you for whatever reason - your race, sexuality, hairstyle, eye color, clothes, hygiene, weight, etc.

i personally wouldn't support any business that i knew turned people down for dumb ? like that & everyone else has that same option. they have the right to not like people & we have the right to not spend our money there. if it cuts into profits enough they'll adjust or die. not that big a deal.