Fair or Foul? - Religious owned businesses can refuse service to homosexuals

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people don't like ? some white people don't like black people. Deal with it.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    INB4 somebody compares ? to bl......

If it is acceptable for them to do this against ? , it should also be acceptable in the case of blacks. So foul.

......Too late.

A look back in history...

Image7.gif

Whites-Only-Sign.jpg

whites-only.png

none of them are acceptable now, ? are the last group that white bigots and black bigots can get together and hold hands and hate together.

so what about they all just put up signs that say "we refuse the right 2 serve anyone" and the just so happen 2 only target ? ... cuz technically they can do that as a PRIVATE business..
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Fair.

If they don't wanna serve ? then they aint gotta serve ? its their business and can't nobody tell them how to run that ? , let the ? go be ? somewhere else. I'm sure they will find service somewhere that accepts their kind.

Suck that ? up and keep it moving.

you're a ? idiot.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Fair?

Okay, so if this does happen, what will be your response when other businesses decide to use this illogical loophole to discriminate against other people?

What if race is brought back into the picture?

What if you wit be served because you dress a certain way or talk a certain way?

This might open up a door to discrimination that won't be so pleasant once it spreads further than just homosexuality.

I think a good response would be for businesses who disagree with this to not allow anyone who is religious to do business at their places. How would that work? An outcry of "my religious freedoms are being attacked!!"

It's a silly suggestion and idea.

I don't think these businesses are realizing that they're doing more harm than good. Their business relies on people of all walks, if they do indeed get this to pass, then others who disagree will oppose the business. They will lose more than their ? customers. That loses money.

Bad business choices.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laydee wrote: »
    Fair. Business is business and I respect the right to refuse service.

I hope that one day you experience someone's "right" to refuse YOU service!!
    Been through it 6 times.... Korean, ? , East Indians & white have refused to serve/sell to me because of they felt intimidated and prolly stereotyped a ? assuming I was gonna hit they ass up.

I felt no way about it, I was always like "? em" and moved on.

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    @Grumpychuck but why? its just my opinion. I never said it was right.

Someone tell me why im wrong
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's their right I guess. They probably wanna let ? know beforehand they won't allow marriage ceremonies.

Knowing ? people they will try to fight it just because.

Not my problem either way.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yall are confusing tollerance with acceptance...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why do u ppl think its constitutional to discriminate? u do not have the right to discriminate because u own a business... the ? ?
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why do u ppl think its constitutional to discriminate? u do not have the right to discriminate because u own a business... the ? ?

The same way you think you can tell people what they can do with their business
  • Meta_Conscious
    SugaBuga wrote: »

The same way you think you can tell people what they can do with their business

14th Amendment... but u ? r legal experts and ? so u probably already know what I mean...
  • Meta_Conscious
    oh and the federal government has ruled numerous times that private businesses cannot discriminate against individuals because they belong to some group...
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stores that sell necessities & essential services(groceries/pharmacies auto repair) shouldn't be able to discriminate cuz everybody needs those services.

But if Joe's burgers don't want to serve blacks or whoever let them do it. I'll find a burger somewhere else.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh and the federal government has ruled numerous times that private businesses cannot discriminate against individuals because they belong to some group...

Jus because the gov says something or rules on something doesn't mean it's right.....you don't notice how when then gov gets involved in ? it usually ? it up?? Which is why the federal government expanding is bad...for like health care and the weed industry
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.webmd.com/sex/? -sex-health-concerns

? Sex Safety and Health Concerns
    Save This Article For Later
    Share this:
    Font size:AAA
    An estimated 90% of men who have sex with men and as many as 5% to 10% of sexually active women engage in receptive ? intercourse.

Often referred to simply as ? sex, ? intercourse is sexual activity that involves inserting the ? into the ? . People may engage in ? intercourse, which has health risks, because the ? is full of nerve endings, making it very sensitive. For some recipients of ? sex, the ? can be an erogenous zone that responds to sexual stimulation. For the giving partner, the ? may provide a pleasing tightness around the ? .

Recommended Related to Sexual Health
    What Does It Take to Lift Your Sex Life to the Next Level?
    When it comes to giving your sex life a boost, your first instinct might be to turn to the usual suspects: lacy lingerie, scented oils, maybe a naughty toy or two. But who knew that getting a new dishwasher, practicing Pilates, or having a baby — yes, really! — could improve your bedroom connection? Read on to find out what worked for these real couples.
    Read the What Does It Take to Lift Your Sex Life to the Next Level? article > >
    While some people find ? sex enjoyable, the practice has downsides and requires special safety precautions.

Is ? Sex Safe?

There are a number of health risks with ? sex, and ? intercourse is the riskiest form of sexual activity for several reasons, including the following:

The ? lacks the natural lubrication the ? has. ? can tear the tissue inside the ? , allowing bacteria and viruses to enter the bloodstream. This can result in the spread of sexually transmitted infections including ? . Studies have suggested that ? exposure to ? poses 30 times more risk for the receptive partner than vaginal exposure. Exposure to the human papillomavirus (HPV) may also lead to the development of ? warts and ? cancer. Using lubricants can help some, but doesn't completely prevent tearing.
    The tissue inside the ? is not as well protected as the skin outside the ? . Our external tissue has layers of dead cells that serve as a protective barrier against infection. The tissue inside the ? does not have this natural protection, which leaves it vulnerable to tearing and the spread of infection.
    The ? was designed to hold in feces. The ? is surrounded with a ring-like muscle, called the ? sphincter, which tightens after we defecate. When the muscle is tight, ? ? can be painful and difficult. Repetitive ? sex may lead to weakening of the ? sphincter, making it difficult to hold in feces until you can get to the toilet. However, Kegel exercises to strengthen the sphincter may help prevent this problem or correct it.
    The ? is full of bacteria. Even if both partners do not have a sexually-transmitted infection or disease, bacteria normally in the ? can potentially infect the giving partner. Practicing vaginal sex after ? sex can also lead to vaginal and urinary tract infections.
    Continue reading below...

? sex can carry other risks as well. Oral contact with the ? can put both partners at risk for hepatitis, herpes, HPV, and other infections. For heterosexual couples, pregnancy can occur if ? is deposited near the opening to the ? .

Even though serious injury from ? sex is not common, it can occur. Bleeding after ? sex could be due to a hemorrhoid or tear, or something more serious such as a perforation (hole) in the colon. This is a dangerous problem that requires immediate medical attention. Treatment involves a hospital stay, surgery, and antibiotics to prevent infection.
  • Vertebrae
    Vertebrae Members Posts: 113 ✭✭
    If a Hasidic Jewish restaurant owner refuses to sell glatt kosher food to a ? , does that make him homophobic? Homosexuality is strictly forbidden in the Torah.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Most stores I go into have a sign/sticker/policy that clearly states "we reserve the right to refuse service" or something to that effect. I don't see any one raising an issue over this but now that ? are involved some special attention has to be given to it. smh
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foul. But boom bye bye
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    jono wrote: »
    Saying you support the right to refuse is basicaly like saying you supported segregation.

Not exactly, but closer than these dudes apparently think.

If people have a right to discriminate against ? because of their religious belief, why shouldn't they have a right to discriminate against blacks if their religion says that that is what believers must do? I mean, how can y'all not see that supporting the right to discrimination in the one case opens up the door to discrimination against blacks as well?

A libertarian view is problematic for much of the same reasons.

I gotta say, the responses to this thread are really troubling.

we want to be openly discriminated against. its honest and we know exactly who everyone is. you want to shop at white businesses so bad, that you dont even care if they use the profits to invest in the prison industrial complex in which blacks are disproportionately thrown into and made into slaves LEGALLY AND LITERALLY.

this is the reality that integration blinds you from seeing

if macy's hung up a sign that says "no blacks" good!!! we'll just buy cheap perfume and fancy shoes from a black owned business. we've been thru this before and we were doing better then. with our knowledge and capabilities, along with technological advancements such as the internet, we'd be better off. every time you go to olive garden they want to call you a ? and kick you out, but they smile in your face because its the law and you spend $50 plus a tip in there. they are forced to accommodate you they dont WANT to.

why are you afraid of losing this?? there's a difference between needs and wants. we dont need jordans and 20 dollar tickets to go see "the butler" in a white owned movie theater.

I'm all for supporting black businesses, but allowing private businesses to discriminate allows them to publicly declare that blacks are an inferior kind of being. If a lot of places did that, they would effectively, and more clearly than is done now, publicly stamp blacks as second-class citizens. It would be similar to the Jim Crow era.

but this declaration is nothing more than an expression of feelings

just because a white person calls you a ? doesnt mean that you are

just because olive garden is considered by them to be a "first class" establishment doesnt mean that sylvia's in Harlem NY is second class because it isnt white owned or because black are treated equally in the establishment

do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"

if every black person went to sylvia's instead of red lobster, and sylvia's made 200 million in profit each year and red lobster only made 75 million, if each restaurant were reviewed and sylvia's was found to be the cleaner establishment and the reviewer found that the service and overall policies of sylvia's were better, white ppl will still consider sylvia's to be a 2nd class establishment.

so what!! why should we stop going to sylvia's??? just because white ppl said its not better even tho sales and reviews show otherwise?? just to make white ppl stop calling you a ? or 2nd class citizen in public?? to make whites accept you??

if a white establishment wont serve blacks, it will be ok, we dont actually NEED them or their approval LOL
  • Carbon Life
    Carbon Life Members Posts: 4
    A message for Arizona and Kansas State Senate and Governing Bodies....[img]http://marketingsocial.esadeblogs.com/files/2013/07/? -yourself-1.jpg[/img]
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Saying you support the right to refuse is basicaly like saying you supported segregation.

No problem with segregation...it was the unequal treatment tht was the problem
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure but its dumb af on their part

? usually have more expendable income than heterosexual ppl

Money is green

WTF is this dumb ? talking about? ? have more expendable income than heterosexuals????? See posts like yours and many others are just some of the few reasons why I don't visit this site often.

There's alot of you dumb maphukas out here and the ? up thing is yall got kids. So ? are more prone to ball when compared to heterosexuals?? Stupid as ?