Top 10 PS One games

Options
2»

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forgot about Syphon Filter as well. Another great game right there.

SF3 Third Strike is imo the best street fighter game and top 5 fighting game of all time. Arcade, PS2, PS3 Online Edition, it don't matter.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Wack list. Only games that nerd mentioned that would make my top 10 for that platform would be Silent Hill, MGS, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. Crash: Warped is better than any other Crash Bandicoot game and the Street Fighter games were awful on that console. 2D fighters were so much better on the Sega Saturn matter of fact they were the only reason to even own a Saturn after it's death. Just going by his taste you could tell he was probably a really young kid (like 4 or 5) during the peak years of the PSX.

SFA3 was the ? , ? you mean ? lol

Wow ONE game out of hundreds. Sega Saturn is where SNK and Capcom fighters truly shined. Arcade perfect ports unlike PSX.

Im sorry fam I just can't cosign this fuckery SMMFH. SF Alpha 1/2/3, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, Capcom versus games, the KOFs all better & far more durable on PSX. Saturn was unreliable & the pad was horrible. Now better sound quality ? You might be on to something but not a better experience IMO. If anything Neo Geo shoulda been mentioned.

This sounds crazy ignorant. The PSX processor was never good enough to handle complex 2D fighters, they always lagged. They never lagged on the Saturn with the RAM cart like they did on Playstation nor did they have so many actual animation frames cut out of the game like on the Playstation (I'm looking at you Street Fighter Alpha 2). You won't find anybody who played fighting games during that time saying otherwise for good reason.

I loved the Playstation but the 2D fighters were ass on that joint (SFA 3 was an exception and part of the reason it got such great reviews was because it was the exception in the first place). Even Super Puzzle Fighter 2 was better on the saturn. SF3 never came out on Playstation; we're talking Playstation here not Playstation 2. Playstation 2 completely smokes it's predecessor when it comes to 2D fighters as well. As far as game pads go it's a trip to realize that I'm the only person here who plays fighting games with arcade sticks on consoles. I never use game pads; I hate using d-pads instead of joysticks.

Neo Geo speaks for itself because you had the actual arcade boards to play with. But how many people here could say they actually played one? (no I don't mean an emulator). I did but only because my cousin was a money making drug dealer in the 90's that loved to show off and had no problem spending hundreds of dollars on individual games instead of $75 at most.

this you couldnt even tag characters on the PS version of Marvel vs SF, X Men vs SF and Marvel vs Capcom

Satrun had that RAM thing for arcade perfect ports
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    i dont know why but, Ive always likeed crash 2 slightly better than the 3rd..

same here Crash 2 was dope as ? I beat all 3 of them
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ everyone thinking Karl's list is the one in the video.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Tekken 3? The list is null and void by default. T3 is a fighting game masterpiece.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah Tekken 3 was a damn beauty. No idea why it's not on PSN.

I also wanna add that because of PS+ I have every Crash and Spyro game. And because of Acivision, I can't play them on my Vita. SMMFH.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I also wanna add that because of PS+ I have every Crash and Spyro game. And because of Acivision, I can't play them on my Vita. SMMFH.

I got Crash 3 Warped on my vita. The others are available to buy too. Must be a region thing.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How the ? I forgot about Spyro.

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wheres tenshu?
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wheres tenshu?

gottdamn forgot all about tenchu!
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    Options
    wheres tenshu?

YOOOO! ? MGS. This ? right here was the GOAT PS stealth game!
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is any of the Tenchu games on the PSNStore??? been wanting to play that ?
  • Bcotton5
    Options

Tekken 3 been on psn for years
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no it is not bcotton picker. at least not in US.
    Karl. wrote: »

I got Crash 3 Warped on my vita. The others are available to buy too. Must be a region thing.

yeah this is a US problem.