So the world was suppose to end today

Options
r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in R & R (Religion and Race)
R.I.P Everybody

On Saturday, according to Norse legend at least, the series of events leading up to Ragnarok will culminate in an epic battle, where Norse Gods Thor, Loki, Odin, Freyr, Hermóðr, will fight. Odin will be killed by Fennir and the other creator gods will fall. The Earth will fall into the sea, and life as we know it will cease to be.

ragnarok.jpg

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Avengers will save us.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matthew 24:36
    New International Version (NIV)

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son but only the Father.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soooo you just gonna spoil the whole damn plot for Avengers 2 huh? Bastard.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soooo you just gonna spoil the whole damn plot for Avengers 2 huh? Bastard.

that has to do with ultron
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    White people and their stupid mythology
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Keyword "legend". And people believe this?
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somedays I be hoping that I look out my window and see the apocalypse starting to go down so that I don't have to go to work.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannn lil over a week ago the kelud erupted here in East java, heard a blast, it rained ash, woke up seeing the entire City covered in vulcano ash. The smell was horrible, tropical rain washed it all away eventually

legend here is that in ancient times a sexy human chick was courted by two animal/demon/spirits whatever the ? , she didnt like them, lured them tl the vulcano and pushed them in to die, everytime the kelud erupts, its the vengaence of those two trapped spirits.

anyway its already 6pm here, no end of the world ? going on in this timezone lol
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This happened during the days of Noah. These demi gods were the nephilum (Giants, men of renown) in the earth that were created from fallen angels mating with man. As part of the punishment for these angels that "left their first estate", ? made them watch their offspring destroy each other.

This is the story behind plots like Clash of the Titans, etc. It all lead to the Great Flood.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its happening now. I'm fighting a see monster now.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thor would've told me if that was coming bruh..
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    This happened during the days of Noah. These demi gods were the nephilum (Giants, men of renown) in the earth that were created from fallen angels mating with man. As part of the punishment for these angels that "left their first estate", ? made them watch their offspring destroy each other.

This is the story behind plots like Clash of the Titans, etc. It all lead to the Great Flood.

a flood which destroyed the kraken, sea serpents and mermaids...
    um. Ok

I will say a sea serpent named Leviathan lives. Only Christ can ? him

Job 41 is a whole chapter challenging the world to try n ? em
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

a flood which destroyed the kraken, sea serpents and mermaids...
    um. Ok

I will say a sea serpent named Leviathan lives. Only Christ can ? him

Job 41 is a whole chapter challenging the world to try n ? em

yeah Im fascinated that peeps from ancient egypt, mesopotamia, ancient greece and later even in the biblical scrolls, giants/titans are mentioned....

i read the book of the dead/epic of gilgamesh and read up on greek myths, recently came in Contact with the book of enoch and all the references regarding the nephilum in the bible

then it hit me, all those ancient cultures had the Whole clash of the titans thing in common as their origin of mankind story and ? , basically the oldest cultures in the world claim that fascinating stuff

the black sea was Land several 1000 years back..
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the world was going to end then why create it n the first place? LOL ? stay trolling.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well looks like humanity got lucky again. I wish the bible had a set date, that way nothing would of happened and all those ? religious nuts using vague biblical quotes would see the bible is ?
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    Matthew 24:36
    New International Version (NIV)

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son but only the Father.

so jesus is ? incarnate ... but jesus prays to ? and ? knows things that jesus doesnt

that makes sense SMH
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Utter foolishness
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its happening now. I'm fighting a see monster now.

How many eyes it got ?

? you ? . My auto correct is a ? ! I hate you!

• Black Boy King
    edited February 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

Utter foolishness

OK....

Genesis 6, verses 4 thru 6. I am sure you are familiar with that.

Same story below, more detailed

Book of Jubilees, Chapter 7

21 For owing to these three things came the flood upon the earth, namely, owing to the fornication wherein the Watchers against the law of their ordinances went a ? after the daughters of men, and took themselves wives of all which they chose: and they made the beginning of uncleanness.
    22 And they begat sons the Naphidim, and they were all unlike, and they devoured one another: and the Giants slew the Naphil, and the Naphil slew the Eljo, and the Eljo mankind, and one man another.
    23 And every one sold himself to work iniquity and to shed much blood, and the earth was filled with iniquity.
    24 And after this they sinned against the beasts and birds, and all that moves and walks on the earth: and much blood was shed on the earth, and every imagination and desire of men imagined vanity and evil continually.
    25 And the Lord destroyed everything from off the face of the earth; because of the wickedness of their deeds, and because of the blood which they had shed in the midst of the earth He destroyed everything.

@zombie

...And I also ask that you show some respect to your brother in Christ... We deal with enough attacks from the adversary.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    "Watchers" being the angels ("sons of ? " in Genesis 6) that rebelled against ? and taught men/women things such as war, astronomy, seduction (makeup), etc. This can be found in the Book of Enoch, which is in the Ethiopian bible you spoke of in R&R, and also in the Dead Sea Scrolls.