Best Sports Show, Worst sport show on daily TV

Options
2»

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign everybody that said the Starters was trash. Idk even know who the target audience is for that ?

Lame whites who have never picked up a ball
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Best damn sports show was the best show period in the early 2ks b4 dude went to espn for the MLB ? .

the jim rone ? is the woat and for some reasom i used to watch that.

Pti and cold pizza aka first take have been pretty much my staple for the last ten years or so,

Around the horn makes no sense.

Dan lebatard show i ? with when i catch it.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? Max Kellerman deserves to be on a more serious and adult show.

Sportsnation comes across as kiddy ? . The format is horrible.
  • marc123
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    even tho i watch mike n mike (i have it on when im on my way 2 work) i cant stand it..

Mike and mike is only worth watvhin when mike ditka, hubie brown or chris carter is on. Or when Golic grows tired of the ? footin ? n goes on 1 of his real ? rants.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did anybody catch Colins New Football show( that was the actual name), that aired every Sunday morning during the football season. I thought it was good, I'm not sure if they'll bring it back for next season. That ? Colin be working. He can be annoying though like most tv sports personalities.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? Max Kellerman deserves to be on a more serious and adult show.

Sportsnation comes across as kiddy ? . The format is horrible.

Max still getting paid back for thinking he was too good for Around the Horn
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NFL Matchup. 'Nuff said.
  • marc123
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Did anybody catch Colins New Football show( that was the actual name), that aired every Sunday morning during the football season. I thought it was good, I'm not sure if they'll bring it back for next season. That ? Colin be working. He can be annoying though like most tv sports personalities.

Colins New Football show was great. came on ESPNEWS @ 10am I think. very good. worth the watch. hope it comes back.

• marc123
    Options
    Freudian wrote: »
    NFL Matchup. 'Nuff said.

? comes on @ 4 in the morning

plus NFL playbook on NFL network>>>>>>>>>

• Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freudian wrote: »
    NFL Matchup. 'Nuff said.

? comes on @ 4 in the morning

plus NFL playbook on NFL network>>>>>>>>>

Playbook is good, but some of the guys on there are hard to understand. I just think Jaws and Hoge do a better job with clarity and unique perspectives. Plus, almost every tendency they point out on film tends to play itself out in the real game hours later. Can't beat that sort of predictive analysis.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree that, Sportsnation sucks even tho I like max&marcellus since they been doing a Lakers radio analysis b4 the gig... I guess I'll try to give Le Batard a better look seeing that it's a hot show for most... I just can't stand the Pops mascot deal funny ? tho he be rippin verses during commercials on some random ? ? , that ? is guts lowkey...

? with Around the Horn, and SVP & Russillo cool white dudes fasho...
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    speaking as a ? that never did the shows everyday until I started ? w/ Podcasts 2 years ago......

Best:

First Take w/ both Skip & Stephen A...and Cari Champion saying as little as humanly possible. I used to watch Cable News and Political Talk shows heavy, and I'm telling ya'll, I ? WISH there was somebody in this country that could debate politics on TV the way Skip n Stephen A do w/ sports. They are perfect foils for one another. It's some real Batman vs. The Joker type ? . The show suffers during sports dead zones like now and after the NBA Finals, but if ANY big sports news breaks, it instantly becomes must-see TV again.

Number Never Lie - Jemele the best female sports journalist out, love the format, and yeah esoteric Hip-Hop references are the ? .

ATH - Reali keep them ? in check lol

Worst:

PTI - aiight if no-one else gonna say it, I will: I'm tired of PTI. Their interviews always bored me (5 minutes with some old-ass college coach I never of!), Kornheiser's not funny, Wilbon swears his ? don't stink. Better as a TV show than a Podcast, because the topic bar on the side of the screen is the best thing about it.

First Take w/o Stephen A Smith and/or Skip Bayless - aka Fugazi Take

The Herd - I don't get the hype. Sounds like a average-ass sportstalk radio show to me. WIP does better shows than this daily far as I'm concerned.

Dan Lebatard - Nobody cares about your dad and his stupid accent. Shut the ? up.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    PTI is the best. It's gonna be the Law & Order of sports shows. not flashy & something u can just pick up at anytime & be cool. dont check as much for it kinda because i know it'll always be there

The Herd is dope. Colin knows his ? and calls out a lot of ? rhetoric & trends

ATH is cool dependent on who's on. Blackistone, Bomani, Torre, Bob Ryan and Guiterrez>>

stopped watching NNL b/c of work and after the Hugh Douglas controversy it lost steam to me.

TNT Inside the NBA became too aware of itself and fell off.

Sports Nation gets on my nerves, Obvious filler that just repeats cliches & agreed on narratives

SVP is dope but when he has stand ins it's unbearable. shows how charismatic he is plus he knows his hip hop a lil

First Take cooled off once LeBron won his first title. Skip lost his bite.A show based on inflamatory rants & soundbytes loses a lot of luster when theres not much there to rail on. The episode jalen brought up Skips HS basketball career and the ensuing 2 day fall out to preserve Skips feelings was GOAT tho

I don't wanna derail this thread but Jalen ethered that ? something terrible. Skip made himself look bad, can dish it but can't take it. ? spent the whole show making excuses. I like how Ryan Clark got to Stephen A too.

i gotta look that up. i didnt see that
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colin speaks in logical "tones" and thinks hes the smartest guy in the room that can be a lil annoying and he is a "stan"

yea i can definitely see this. good observation. though i mostly agree with a lot he says he definitely takes a tone no matter what he says. when i dont agree its because he's making leaps that arent really there- but the tone remains
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the best Damn sports show period was goat.