ELDERS REACT TO EMINEM

Options
RXMasked
RXMasked Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3DL82xBu6U
The elderly people in the video give a short critique of Eminem's music. Their response is not too surprising.

Your Thoughts?

Comments

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can't watch the video but my old man likes eminem, actually owns the eminem show album

he hates rap with a passion but respects eminems talent....don't get him started on jayz though, he'll rip him to shreds
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    can't watch the video but my old man likes eminem, actually owns the eminem show album

he hates rap with a passion but respects eminems talent....don't get him started on jayz though, he'll rip him to shreds

Your old man white or black?
  • bck145
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

makes no difference
  • bck145
    Options
    i didn't say he was white, i'm saying the color of someones skin makes zero difference if they like music or don't like music

IC needs to get off that whole race war BS
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options

makes no difference

it does tho
  • bck145
    Options

makes no difference

it does tho

how? i know black ppl who like eminem, i know white ppl that like jayz, i know black ppl who hate rap and love the beatles, i know white ppl that hate rap and like jimi hendrix

this web site has been the only place that judges ppl based on their color that i've come across
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Pops is ? black, owns The Eminem Show. Doesn't hate rap but doesn't listen to anything but what's on the radio. Likes Em

Waits for the corny jokes......
  • Stew
    Options
    Didn't watchh the vid btw
  • bck145
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Pops is ? black, owns The Eminem Show. Doesn't hate rap but doesn't listen to anything but what's on the radio. Likes Em

Waits for the corny jokes......

pops like tupac too
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options

makes no difference

it does tho

how? i know black ppl who like eminem, i know white ppl that like jayz, i know black ppl who hate rap and love the beatles, i know white ppl that hate rap and like jimi hendrix

this web site has been the only place that judges ppl based on their color that i've come across

with that titan graph u could've easily just said if your pops is white or black
  • Stew
    Options
    if the only "rap" album you own is The Eminem Show, you're probably a ? ? ... no disrespect...

I didn't say that's the only rap album he owns, ? ? .
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

makes no difference
    It makes a difference because my parents who are both black noticed Jay Z tends to use samples from the likes of Issac Hayes and Marvin gaye etc in his music and appreciate having a Rapper having a good ear for old great music of that era.

I remember when kanye west dropped late registration and song Touch the sky dropped they lovvvvved that song cause it sample Curtis Mayfield "Move on up" .Eminem does not use samples from those type of artist from that era so it definitely makes a difference.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? was funny. I just find it funny how if your ear isn't in tune to the language or vibe of a music you'll totally not get it especially if you're older

There are early metal/Rock records from the early MTV days where I can't really understand what their screaming

Some rock person gets every word but I just hear yelling

They took away some weird ? form Em's music
  • bck145
    edited February 2014
    Options

makes no difference
    It makes a difference because my parents who are both black noticed Jay Z tends to use samples from the likes of Issac Hayes and Marvin gaye etc in his music and appreciate having a Rapper having a good ear for old great music of that era.

I remember when kanye west dropped late registration and song Touch the sky dropped they lovvvvved that song cause it sample Curtis Mayfield "Move on up" .Eminem does not use samples from those type of artist from that era so it definitely makes a difference.

so because jayz samples black artists your parents like it? they could easily like rock n roll from that same era in which eminem samples at least twice on his new album, so again the color makes no difference....for the record my father hates that rappers sample music...no matter if it's bizzerk or the pras song from back in the day

makes no difference

It actually makes a big difference.... If a white person says they hate rap with a passion but they love eminem - that's just your average eminem fan. But if your pops is black he needs to be dissected and studied in order to further understand his affliction so that one day there might be a cure for coonism.

this ignorant kind of stuff is what brings this place down

• Stew
    Options

makes no difference

It actually makes a big difference.... If a white person says they hate rap with a passion but they love eminem - that's just your average eminem fan. But if your pops is black he needs to be dissected and studied in order to further understand his affliction so that one day there might be a cure for coonism.

Lmao ? ?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    My father loves Eminem he's actually his favorite rapper.
  • Stew
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

Please tell us more. Is that the only rap album he owns? Where are his parents from? Were they house slaves?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? on his sweater already?! LOL
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Please tell us more. Is that the only rap album he owns? Where are his parents from? Were they house slaves?
    He owns Encore. His parents are from Jamaica. His parents definitely weren't house slaves.
  • Stew
    Options

He owns Encore. His parents are from Jamaica. His parents definitely weren't house slaves.

That's odd
  • Stew
    Options

Very unique situation, I think.