Who brought Evil in the world?

Comments

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    ? did, according to Christianity.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
    —Isaiah 45:7

Funny Christians get silent on this verse.
    a universe without evil would be evil. Because evil is the choice to do what you know is wrong

Does not logically follow. The universe is not a choice, as there is no alternative.

If ? created the universe without there being a choice to disobey him then that would be also evil

Oh really? The christian have says there will be NO DEATH in heaven. That means you dont have a choice to die. You are calling your christian heaven evil. You running out of lies. im poking holes throughout your bs.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @beenwize I hope you are not still trying to talk to me. You will never get a response you are far to emotional and un focused to talk to.
  • zombie

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

a universe without evil would be evil. Because evil is the choice to do what you know is wrong

Does not logically follow. The universe is not a choice, as there is no alternative.

If ? created the universe without there being a choice to disobey him then that would be also evil

Evil is a choice that we make. There is no evil that simply exists in the universe it's not like we are talking about gravity do you understand????
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

christians are not silent on this verse. That verse is just translated too strongly and the word for evil used here is "rah" it does not mean evil it's meaning is closer to woe or calamity THAT SAME word is used elsewhere in the scriptures and it's not translated into the word evil.

Anyone who willingly causes calamity and woe to another is evil.

So the translation is correct to some degree.
  • Bodhi
    @beenwize... ... will never get a response you are far to emotional and un focused to talk to.

say this ^^^ and then proceeds to respond

Evil is a choice that we make. There is no evil that simply exists in the universe it's not like we are talking about gravity do you understand????

• beenwize
    edited March 2014

christians are not silent on this verse. That verse is just translated too strongly and the word for evil used here is "rah" it does not mean evil it's meaning is closer to woe or calamity THAT SAME word is used elsewhere in the scriptures and it's not translated into the word evil.

So if rah does not mean evil then why do you also not teach that the word "evil" in the tree of knowledge of good and evil is mistranslated as well since it also uses the word "rah"??? you should now call it the tree of knowledge of good and woe or calamity in that case you liar.

http://biblehub.com/text/genesis/2-17.htm
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    beenwize wrote: »
    Not according to the facts, but according to traditional christian belief it was Adam & Eve that brought evil in the world, but when you look at the facts that's not quite so. You see before they ate from the tree Satan was already said to be at work inside the serpent.. So therefore, they were not created in a perfect world free from evil if evil was already at work. This story shows that Adam & Ecve did not bring evil in the world, but rather ir was already present by another entity that the bible ? created.

Also if the serpent lied to Adam & Eve then that also means sin and evil were present before eating from the tree. Ijs

There is good...there is evil...and then there is sin. It seems like when people are using the word sin, it has more to do with the moral integrity of somebody; that if someone steals something or ? someone, they are sinning. However, I believe it is so much more than that. Sin is a condition that mankind has where we are ? 's Enemy...meaning no matter what our understanding of good or evil is, we fall short of it in respect to ? . So, the proper question to ask is...who brought sin into the world?
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is ? since according to the bible he is the creator of all and knows all
  • jetlifebih
    I guess creating evil would not be the issue ,but the reasoning behind it???

I'm having a hard time grasping my own thoughts lol its 550 am...I can't think past the reasoning behind it
  • jetlifebih
    beenwize wrote: »

But a universe without evil would still be a better one. Because there is evil in the world, it makes many doubt ? 's existence, and it's hard to argue with an atheist when there's so much wrong with the world, so much that it even makes believers unbelievers some days. As Jay-Z once said, ? pray to ? so long that they're atheist. My dad was born a Christian but became atheist and though I don't speak to him anymore, I remember the powerful conversations we had about ? and the problem with evil.

There's also a lot of natural evils in the world, completely unrelated to human choices. There's no moral, logical reason, for example, for a child to be born with flesh eating diseases, which happens. It makes one wonder where ? or the gods are, or what the ? they were thinking when they made the world. Evil is the single biggest reason most people don't care much for religion anymore.

A universe without evil is a universe without free will and that itself is evil, unless what you are saying is that you would rather live as an animal trapped by instinct. Children dying from natural causes is not evil death is not evil.

Death is simply a law of our current universe and it's a good one without death we would be stuck in our CURRENT state FOREVER. People die and new people are born.

Your lies contradict each other you say a universe without evil is evil while the christian concept of heaven is a place WITHOUT evil.

You also say a universe without evil is evil, but when Adam & Eve gain knowledge of good AND evil you call it the fall of man.

Being in a place where you didn't have free will to do what you please = slavery =evil

Adam and eve knowing what they weren't supposed is the reason we see our nakedness as being embarrassing and feel pain...so yeah them gaining that "knowledge" is bad or evil
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to thr Book of Enoch, Azazeal and the fallen angels that rebelled against ? brought the knowledge of evil..........

? is represented in the Book of Enoch as one of the leaders of the rebellious Watchers in the time preceding the flood; he taught men the art of warfare, of making swords, knives, shields, and coats of mail, and women the art of deception by ornamenting the body, dying the hair, and painting the face and the eyebrows, and also revealed to the people the secrets of witchcraft and corrupted their manners, leading them into wickedness and impurity; until at last he was, at the Lord's command, bound hand and foot by the archangel Raphael and chained to the rough and jagged rocks of [Ha] Duduael (= Beth Ḥadudo), where he is to abide in utter darkness until the great Day of Judgment, when he will be cast into the fire to be consumed forever (Enoch viii. 1, ix. 6, x. 4–6, liv. 5, lxxxviii. 1; see Geiger, "Jüd. Zeit." 1864, pp. 196–204).
  • Black Boy King

I say evil is natural.
    Proof that you and your cosigner are ignorant.

The Book of Enoch clearly states that angels rebelled against ? and taught man evil.

It's silly how some on here still refer to you as an intellectual with your use of conjecture.
  • zombie
    edited March 2014
    @beenwize... ... will never get a response you are far to emotional and un focused to talk to.

Those two quotes don't conflict with each other so what is your point? I have had long talks with that guy and he never stays on point and strays all over the place when backed into a corner and clearly shown he is in the wrong he just brings something else up that is un related to what we're were talking about and refuses to discuss my rebuttal to his previous faulty ideas/ belief. Thus talking to him is a waste of time
  • zombie
    edited March 2014
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the bible, ? created everything. So, therefore, he created evil. But supposedly, the first to ever sin would've been Lucifer, so he is blamed for "sin". Then, of course, Adam and Eve were the first humans to sin.

But sin is simply a religious persons guilt; an insecurity.

In reality, the bad/evil/sin are subjective and only exist because we created a civilized world where these apply.

These don't apply to other animals, because they lack the brain that we have, the one w the ability to come up w such ideas and laws.

It isn't intertwined into our universe because it's a man made concept.

If there is other intelligent life, what we might consider 'bad' is 'good' in their world.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    @vibe According to the Bible, sin is much more than some feeling. Because of sin, not only are we ? 's Enemy...our hearts are in rebellion towards ? . We don't want to have anything to do with ? in our lives as much as we may say we do. One thing I don't want to do is make it seem as if there isn't any sincerity in the idea of a supreme being. However, all of mankind is against the idea of one dictating our lives. We would rather have a say on what we think good and evil is than to have ? to say what is.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We probably in hell already, our ? not knowin', everybody kissin' ass to go to heaven ain't goin'"
  • Bodhi
    Judah Back wrote: »
    It's silly how some on here still refer to you as an intellectual with your use of conjecture.

you mad??
    The Book of Enoch clearly states that angels rebelled against ? and taught man evil.

Yeah, they may have taught man evil but that doesn't mean they created it. The Bible says ? created evil. Maybe you haven't read that far yet.
  • Bodhi

Those two quotes don't conflict with each other so what is your point? I have had long talks with that guy and he never stays on point and strays all over the place when backed into a corner and clearly shown he is in the wrong he just brings something else up that is un related to what we're were talking about and refuses to discuss my rebuttal to his previous faulty ideas/ belief. Thus talking to him is a waste of time

I'm pointing out that you said you weren't going to respond to him.. And then responded to him, although quoting yourself.. But responding to him nonetheless.
  • Bodhi

I'm pointing out that you said you weren't going to respond to him.. And then responded to him, although quoting yourself.. But responding to him nonetheless.
  • Black Boy King

you mad??

Yeah, they may have taught man evil but that doesn't mean they created it. The Bible says ? created evil. Maybe you haven't read that far yet.

The thread is called "who brought evil in the world". C'mon son. ..
  • Bodhi

you mad??

The thread is called "who brought evil in the world". C'mon son. ..

..and I said, "? did". Do you have a problem?
  • Black Boy King

The thread is about who brought evil into the world, not who created it.
  • Bodhi

The thread is about who brought evil into the world, not who created it.

In theory, ? controls everything. Thus, everything that happens is part of what he does.

? is omniscient, therefore he knows all. ? is omnipotent, therefore he can do anything imaginable. ? created the universe knowing every detail and fact contained within it but chose not to change it but leave it the way we experience it today. That means everything in history is gods will. He created evil; he brought it into the world.
  • beenwize
    Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.