Does Jay Z Have A "One Hot Album Every 10 Year Average"?

Options

Comments

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The sad thing about it tho is atleast when he said that about nas it was refutable because It was written was pretty good. Jay cant even say the same for his ten year ?
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    yes, jay has more mediocre albums than good albums

Mediocre but never boring.

I would disagree *James harden voice*
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok i cant...i just cant...the ? said u can ONLY consider like 3 or 4 of them classics like thats a bad thing lmao like ? phuckas is dropping classics every other week. smh

Just like Nas got 3 classics..But the average knock against his legacy is how inconsistent his discography is..Right?..but oh when it's Jay that logic is off limits and inaccurate ?

first time hearing this.....ever

? took that "1 Hot album every 10 year average" line fired at Nas and made it the bible when pertaining to his discography...stop it bruh lol

i never heard even the most delusional jay stan share those sentiments towards nas's discography

Check some of those old "Jayz vs Nas" threads...you'll prolly find a few

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok i cant...i just cant...the ? said u can ONLY consider like 3 or 4 of them classics like thats a bad thing lmao like ? phuckas is dropping classics every other week. smh

Just like Nas got 3 classics..But the average knock against his legacy is how inconsistent his discography is..Right?..but oh when it's Jay that logic is off limits and inaccurate ?

Man the same ? in here talking will say that Nastradamus is a hot album . ..every nas album is a classic in their mind... I've seen those same ? defend some of nas's worse songs/album
  • TrillRussell
    edited March 2014
    Options

Man the same ? in here talking will say that Nastradamus is a hot album . ..every nas album is a classic in their mind... I've seen those same ? defend some of nas's worse songs/album

I've seen more Jay stans with this mindset than Nas stans.....i'm not really A big fan of either..I appreciate the culture period..and I just believe if A logic applies to 1 legend it should apply to all..Jay aint exempt from being called out if ? will call other legends out without hesistation..I don't see homie as A godlike figure like alot of ? on here..i'm sorry

• nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay has 3 classics to me and AG was great album but no classic to me
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last time I heard a Jay album was back in middle school all the chicks was running around on the break and blastin girls girl girls, ? that was hard dem small girls had tight jeans on damn.. i was bout 10 years old. I was ? back then
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only on the IC does a rapper who makes music that doesn't move the crowd on a mass level is hot but the dude who consistently goes platinum and sells out 75k arenas isn't hot. If people consume something on a mass level then the product is hot. Just because dude doesn't make the same tired repetitious boom bap played out ? that s niche audience wants. Funny ? is if he did, that's when people would say he fell off.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope Jay lp's are always dope, even kc gave you like 6 dope tracks.ag black album bp3 mchg wtt. I don't even see how this is a question
  • TrillRussell
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I guess I've ruffled A few Jay stans feathers...I mean damn..I gave the ? credit and said he has 3 maybe 4 classic albums...Some don't even think he got that many lol..People can ? on Pac,Eminem,Nas,Ice Cube and other ? that laid down just as much hip hop foundation as Jay if not more and it's cool but if you say anything other than "Jayz is ? " ? Nosigning and Wacking posts? lol..I see what's going on here
  • TrillRussell
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    Nope Jay lp's are always dope, even kc gave you like 6 dope tracks.ag black album bp3 mchg wtt. I don't even see how this is a question

You do know it's possible to have good songs on A lackluster album right?Just like it's possible to have A couple lackluster songs on A great 1
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This stupid idea rap nerds have that every album is classic or wack. There are probably 20 true classic albums in rap for one thin. Second whack albums are albums that have no redeemable qualities. The worst of Jay albums still got classics, see So Ghetto, the prelude, lost ones, thank you, empire, etc

same for Nas. ? really neef to get the ? ouuta here with that 5 mic ? . Nothing wrong with a good album imo
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Discuss

Discuss? ......what the ? you mean discuss? Discuss what ? .... Yo lazy ass can't even put no explanation no theory no Arguement behind your statement? At least that would give this ? sommmmmmmme kind of credibility ..... I mean ? you could have at least put in a few random camel .gif's or ? at least an awkward Jay pic in the OP just for the Lol's alone (like so....)

weird-jay-z-face-spinning-basketball-13752266356.jpg

...I mean something! Anything! ......WTF is ....discuss?

Smh ....? ain't even puttin no effort into the shock threads no more ....? just roll a dead ass body and the room and say ..."discuss"

The Reason falling off .....step that ? up ? ....turn that ? up a notch my ? ....dont be good my ? be great
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

CS!

These ? NASTIALITES are the scourge of the IC
  • TrillRussell
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    This stupid idea rap nerds have that every album is classic or wack. There are probably 20 true classic albums in rap for one thin. Second whack albums are albums that have no redeemable qualities. The worst of Jay albums still got classics, see So Ghetto, the prelude, lost ones, thank you, empire, etc

same for Nas. ? really neef to get the ? ouuta here with that 5 mic ? . Nothing wrong with a good album imo

You can say the same thing for every hip hop legend that gets his discography or legacy disrespected on the IC daily..but y'all let that slide..but when it comes to Jay y'all ? get defensive and reach into the closet for the capes?interesting
  • Kliimaxx
    Kliimaxx Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess I've ruffled A few Jay stans feathers...I mean damn..I gave the ? credit and said he has 3 maybe 4 classic albums...Some don't even think he got that many lol..People can ? on Pac,Eminem,Nas,Ice Cube and other ? that laid down just as much hip hop foundation as Jay if not more and it's cool but if you say anything other than "Jayz is ? " ? Nosigning and Wacking posts? lol..I see what's going on here
    Nah.. I nosigned ur post becuz any poster on here will tell how high these nas stans are on him.. I remember a thread where ? were literally saying nas had no bad albums.. Nas could make the same business moves a Jigga but when Jay does it he's selling out but when nas does it it's nas just getting paid.. Check out the nas Hennessy thread..
    ? is just disgusting..
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

Vol 1 & Vol 2 are just average??? Smh....wtf grading scale are you using??? If 95% of rappers released those albums they'd be praised as great albums but since jay dropped em they're average that's like lebron dropping a triple double and ppl saying it's just a ok game just cuz its lebron...

If we're really being honest the grading scale is different for jay then it is for other rappers so average for him would be above average for others....but if you believe his catalog is "average" who's catalog do you consider above average/great cuz I'm pretty sure jay's is right on par with who ever you can name

No disrespect bruh...but you do have A Rocafella chain in your avi..So i'm pretty sure you think everything he did was great

That's what's wrong with IC ? think you gotta be a stan just cuz your a fan....my avi don't mean I think everything the man does is great but to say his albums aren't hot and are just average means you don't move past the IC or your grading them on a different scale from other rappers which is backwards to grade a rappers albums on an above average scale but then call them average or not hot
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if there's a kid out there who's like
    "Kingdom Come, Magna Carta and BP3 are my favorite Jay Z albums"
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    does exist somewhere.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @just.might the sad thing is that that kid does exist somewhere
  • TrillRussell
    edited March 2014
    Options

Vol 1 & Vol 2 are just average??? Smh....wtf grading scale are you using??? If 95% of rappers released those albums they'd be praised as great albums but since jay dropped em they're average that's like lebron dropping a triple double and ppl saying it's just a ok game just cuz its lebron...

If we're really being honest the grading scale is different for jay then it is for other rappers so average for him would be above average for others....but if you believe his catalog is "average" who's catalog do you consider above average/great cuz I'm pretty sure jay's is right on par with who ever you can name

No disrespect bruh...but you do have A Rocafella chain in your avi..So i'm pretty sure you think everything he did was great

That's what's wrong with IC ? think you gotta be a stan just cuz your a fan....my avi don't mean I think everything the man does is great but to say his albums aren't hot and are just average means you don't move past the IC or your grading them on a different scale from other rappers which is backwards to grade a rappers albums on an above average scale but then call them average or not hot

How is Jay Graded on A higher scale when ? do the same ? to other legends on the IC daily?but it's ok then right?..? can hurl piles of ? on other rappers legacies and catalogues that did just as much for the game as Jay if not more..and get laughs and cosigns from it..but Oh when somebody logically critiques Jay's body of work people wanna act like you disrespected ? ?nah bruh

• FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The more i listen to Vol.1 the more it inches closer to another classic he has. For me Reasonable Doubt & The Blueprint are his classics. Special mentions : American Gangster, & Jay-z Black Album. 3rd Vol.1 might be his closest classic

• TrillRussell
    Options
    Nah.. I nosigned ur post becuz any poster on here will tell how high these nas stans are on him.. I remember a thread where ? were literally saying nas had no bad albums.. Nas could make the same business moves a Jigga but when Jay does it he's selling out but when nas does it it's nas just getting paid.. Check out the nas Hennessy thread..
    ? is just disgusting..

Well i'm talking about The music side of things..and Jay Stans will act like Jay's albums are so far ahead of Nas' discography...but the truth is..Their catalogs aren't too distant..Both of them have about the same amount of classics..both of them have albums you can call average or ? ..But the way Jay dominates the game from A business standpoint it puts him on a certain pedestal..I'm not a big fan of either..but I respect what they've done for the culture...but I don't like the double standards..and i'm calling it as I see it
  • Fairfax
    Fairfax Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Options
    No, the last time Jay Z had a hot album was 1999.