Comments

• ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    And he was rockin skirts back on 2010 lol
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Kanye got 3 classics. Four if you count wtt. Guarantee his next gonna be a classic too
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    Kanye got 3 classics. Four if you count wtt. Guarantee his next gonna be a classic too

Wtt is not a classic and wat 3 classic albums does he have?
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    WATCH THE THONE WAS PRETTY AVERAGE...
    I DON'T LIKE LARRY HOLMES & COONYE'S CHEMISTRY...
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    cudi gets major props for 808's, him and kanye should've been what jay and Ye became.
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    lmfao at this thread...page 4 had me dying

yeezus thread all over again
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His next solo will tell us.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Yeezus grew on me bruh. I listen to the whole album at least twice a week. It really has the same effect 808s had on me. When I first heard it it was like: "this that ? ". Then I got a chance to actually hear the album with no distractions. It's a 4/5 to me.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeezus grew on me bruh. I listen to the whole album at least twice a week. It really has the same effect 808s had on me. When I first heard it it was like: "this that ? ". Then I got a chance to actually hear the album with no distractions. It's a 4/5 to me.

Another Convert.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Yeeeeezus was super dooodooooo

• nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Kanye got 2 classics
  • zkatsere
    zkatsere Members Posts: 11
    No
    Kanye isn't a rapper (in the general sense); he's an artist. The artist grows, you either follow or you don't. You either enjoy the changes or you don't. I am quite certain that he can make another College Dropout/LR/whatever former album you love again if he wants. I just believe that he wants a new sound on each album, to evolve as an artist. I think Kanye is the closest comparison to a decades-spanning group/artist as you can get right now- you may not love everything from him but he will always give you something different. While I didn't love everything from Yeezus, I can't wait to hear what comes next.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think fallen off. His music has just taken a different direction. I don't like the new music he's made (anything after MBDTF) for the most part. I still think MBDTF is dope, but I forget he released the GOOD music compilation (Cruel Summer) and there's some songs on Yeezus that I don't care to ever re-visit again.

• za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Lyrically, I think he's fallen off horribly. Musically and artistically, I think his career has been a constant climb.
  • moodasluht
    moodasluht Members Posts: 16
    he's doing it on purpose he's makin wack ? to make everybody think he's lost it meanwhile he's got ill joints waitin to be released in the chamber. but i'm staying the ? away from future rap records "produced by rick rubin"
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yeezus was not a bad album but it makes it seem like he's fallen off a bit. I know the talent is still there, he just has to motivate himself to do better next time. Production of Yeezus wasn't great and his lyrics seemed a little lazier compared to past albums but I know the talent is in there
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he is too pre-occupied with himself at the moment to focus on his music but make no mistake that man is an artistic genius.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Don't know about ya'll but I was feelin the tracks on Yeezus. Not a classic but it wasn't bad. With the exception of that swaghili line, I'm in it was the ? .
  • mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Every 1 has an opinion but he has yet to fall off actually he's gonna be up there in goat discussion when it's all said n done. Hate him love him don't matter he's a talented dude n a smart business man. His personality is part of what makes him appealing n appalling. Ye is the most polarizing rapper since pac really. I remember u either hated or loved pac when he was alive, hardly an in between. Same thing with ye imo. They say things that are true but they don't come off sensible all the time. Love that he's unfiltered but sometimes u be like damn I wish he kept that 2 himself he going to far. I respect it cuz we need mainstream stars not being pc all the time n pushing buttons cuz they got that outlet 2 say it right or wrong they should use it while people care 2 listen
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Yes
    Yes he definitley has 808's, Watch The Throne and Yeezus were terrible albums. He never was a good song writer or had good lyrics. His best asset was always his Flow and his ability to sample. He has fell of as a producer as well. He hasn't made a classic album since College Dropout
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    that ? got Kim Kardashian pregnant. he wack af now
  • GunTown
    Yes
    Lacks content and depth for the most part and his deepest album 808's is his worst album and 1 of the worst albums in history
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    No
    GunTown wrote: »
    Lacks content and depth for the most part and his deepest album 808's is his worst album and 1 of the worst albums in history

hyperbole much?

The answer is obviously no. His last album was one of the best reviewed albums of the year and his previous was one of the best reviewed albums in history.

• GunTown
    Yes
    Below average rapper (not even top 50 GOAT rapper)

Decent Producer from 2001 - 2007 (Not even top 20 GOAT Producer)

1 classic album with College Dropout

3 good albums with Late Registration, Graduation, MBDTF

2 terrible albums with 808's and Yeezus
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    You silly ? really need to quit with that "kanye ain't lyrical" ?

He's not though.