Daniel Bryan - how did he get so over?

Options
2»

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    He's easily the most over wwe dude since any top guys from the attitude era, no superstar who was made from 2002-now has gotten this type of reaction

I dunno about that.......No matter where in the card he was, RVD got chants like a ? ......

He never had the crowd control that db has, and db ain't stupid enough to get arrested as champ

If he ever holds the title for more that 5 minutes
  • Ol' Fred
    Ol' Fred Members Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cause he alwayz shows & proves & da most ova muthaphukka today!
  • Markus Garvey
    Markus Garvey Members Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Options
    YES=simple catchphrase with crowd interaction, a section of the crowd who are fanatics and know his wrestling ability already chanting YES with passion, and the simplicity catches on to the marks who like screaming phrases such as WHAT and YES even though they may not be aware that Bryan is among the best talents in the world with or without the catchphrase.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's been over for a minute but he really blew up when he had the napoleon complex and wanted to prove he wasn't the weakest link.

That's when he started going ham in his matches against the shield and really won everyone over.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He got over with me back when he won the world heavy weight championship for the first time. Before he had the beard and everything. I was disappointed when they made him play the cowardly angle and handed the title off to the big show but when I saw how his character developed in his tag team with Kane, I understood. Kane is a good actor and I think some of his skills rubbed off on Bryan.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    He's easily the most over wwe dude since any top guys from the attitude era, no superstar who was made from 2002-now has gotten this type of reaction

CM Punk got chants like crazy especially when he did that famous shoot and when he took the belt from John Cena. Back before they ever gave him the WWE title, he stood in the ring with HHH, Shawn Michaels and the Hardy Boyz and without doing anything to get a reaction from the audience, they just randomly started chanting CM Punk. Not DX or the hardy boyz. CM Punk seems to have almost a cult like following.

There is RVD as somebody mentioned but he built his name in ECW and that fame just carried over. I wouldn't say he was made in WWE. Both Bryan and Punk were big in ROH but they didn't come into WWE anywhere near the top and had to work pretty hard to get to where they are.