Kofi Kingston: The Jobbing Human Highlight Reel

Options
sobek
sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in Off The Turn Buckle
So, after what we all thought was a push Kofi was getting by WWE letting him go over Orton a while back that ended up going absolutely nowhere just the following week after, I've come to the conclusion that my ? , Kofi "Cool Jobbings" Kingston, AKA Shelton Benjamin 2.0 is nothing more then a glorified jobber who's primary use in the company seems to be for spectacular Royal Rumble saves/re-entrances.

Examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO6DfTgiSOQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4VrmAeXbzY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA2XeqxYS1M

With that said, looking ahead I began to wonder what will Kofi's save/re-entrance at the 2015 Royal Rumble be like? :-? Below are some ideas I've come up with thus far.

1. Jet Pack
spartan-jetpack-o.gif

2. Shot out of a cannon
Human_Cannon_Ball_by_DerekLuetjen.gif

3. Human Catapult
the-human-slingshot.gif

4. Walking back to the ring on stilts
stilts-o.gif

5. A Una-cycle
lazy-flatland-chris-sam-o.gif

Comments

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People gotta understand
    That's the rasslin business

Every wrestler isn't contracted to win the title . They are entertainers whose job is to fill the card.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    People gotta understand

Every wrestler isn't contracted to win the title . They are entertainers whose job is to fill the card.

Ya its not only black wrestlers, look at John Morrison, and Dolph Ziggler now. Damien Sandow didnt win the title even with the MITB. Wade Barrett. Rybox. Drew Mcintyre was the "chosen" one.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wouldn't get involved in anything knowing that I have a "ceiling" and someone else controls how low/high that ceiling is for me.

why should any one of those kats risk ? injury for a spot during an event, and just for that spot, knowing that in the end, it won't get me anywhere?

it seems, that no matter how bad you may be as a performer and not really over with the crowd, if you rub elbows with those that make decisions and management, you have a higher chance of surpassing that ceiling even though you may not have earned it.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    i wouldn't get involved in anything knowing that I have a "ceiling" and someone else controls how low/high that ceiling is for me.

why should any one of those kats risk ? injury for a spot during an event, and just for that spot, knowing that in the end, it won't get me anywhere?

it seems, that no matter how bad you may be as a performer and not really over with the crowd, if you rub elbows with those that make decisions and management, you have a higher chance of surpassing that ceiling even though you may not have earned it.

Simple cuz most of those guys are earning $200,000 a year at least plus merchandise.

Thats the bigger picture. If youre gonna give that up cuz of ? injuries n not bring a world champ go quit n finish college or UPS is hiring.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There have to be role players on every team but I think sometime it's fairly obvious that they don't want to see certain people succeed and become bigger stars.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I never got the hype over this ol smiling ass midcard for life ass ? . It's like black people on forums just root for him cause he's black. Dude has no real personality or compelling characteristics. Then again I didn't start watching WWE again till 2012. Way past his so called "prime" I guess.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    some of the past GOATs never held the title so i dont even sweat it when i see Kofi's peak is the IC title
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sobek wrote: »
    So, after what we all thought was a push Kofi was getting by WWE letting him go over Orton a while back that ended up going absolutely nowhere just the following week after, I've come to the conclusion that my ? , Kofi "Cool Jobbings" Kingston, AKA Shelton Benjamin 2.0 is nothing more then a glorified jobber who's primary use in the company seems to be for spectacular Royal Rumble saves/re-entrances.

Examples:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO6DfTgiSOQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4VrmAeXbzY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA2XeqxYS1M

With that said, looking ahead I began to wonder what will Kofi's save/re-entrance at the 2015 Royal Rumble be like? :-? Below are some ideas I've come up with thus far.

1. Jet Pack
    spartan-jetpack-o.gif

2. Shot out of a cannon
    Human_Cannon_Ball_by_DerekLuetjen.gif

3. Human Catapult
    the-human-slingshot.gif

4. Walking back to the ring on stilts
    stilts-o.gif

5. A Una-cycle
    lazy-flatland-chris-sam-o.gif

What's holding Kofi back is mic skills and charisma.....Same issue Shelton had....
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know your right
  • herbalism101
    Options
    Dude should've been getting lessons from his best buddy Punk......How do you have Punk as your main homeboy and not learn anything from him??
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kofi gets paid handsomely and doesn't have to work half hour matches...if he wasn't happy about his position I'm sure that helps him become more comfortable.

All the top WWE guys over the yeas have talked about how most of the roster is cool just getting them checks and don't care if they even make TV. Kofi at least makes TV.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not saying Kofi is more than a role player or champ material, but he definitely worthy of a great rivalry sometimes like he and Orton in 09, Kofi at least a upper mid carder/vip role player, n so was Shelton imo
  • sobek
    Options
    LOL, Just to be clear y'all. This thread was made for comedy and conversation. I've never thought just any black wrestler should be champ or win the Rumble just because he's black. I like Kofi, but I don't necessarily need to see him with the strap. But, I do think for his talent, dude is currently being under used. Then again, that could be said about tons of others on the roster. It's just frustrating at times to see wrestlers you like getting nowhere and doing nothing.
  • sobek
    Options
    But still though...

0568d4615a466a18888865c266a6ac5c.jpg
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Dude should've been getting lessons from his best buddy Punk......How do you have Punk as your main homeboy and not learn anything from him??

Im not at my comp but have you seen Kofis wife? Hes been winning..
  • herbalism101
    Options
    GodGivBiz wrote: »

You got a point GGB.......
  • Markus Garvey
    Markus Garvey Members Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    People gotta understand

GodGivBiz wrote: »

Punk should have known his role. Punk lacked the talent or charisma to be the one like Kofi but he could have had a solid job in the WWE being an established jobber, commentator, locker room leader, and talent scout. At least Kofi will have a stable career with good pay even though he isnt going to be a WWE champion.

• onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Punk had plenty of talent and charisma and he was a lot more over with the crowd than the WWE wanted to admit. It just got to a point where the WWE couldn't help but put the ? him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9lr7SYc9bI

5 minutes and 55 seconds in