Scarface vs Jay Z who is better?

GunTown
GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
edited March 2014 in The Face Off Forum
Criteria includes everything. Catalouge, better albums, singles, creativity, diversity, talent, quality of music, least amount of wack albums

Scarface vs Jay Z who is better? 30 votes

Scarface
53%
tharealest561chompolletleftcoastkevPanchoYoSanchogoldenjaTheRicanKingEar2DaStSoloman_The_WiseUndergroundraplegendGunTownTheManInBlack4.0CSOPQD. MorganThe HueTheGOATBandanadUp 16 votes
Jay Z
46%
thephantasmdalyricalbandit5th Lettersr_the_freshmanMECCA1000illedoutNothingButTheTruthShizlanskyD.Originalmanofmorehousenycdiesel5 GrandGetoBoyonthafly 14 votes

Comments

• GunTown
    Scarface
    Scarface
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    the only thing jay might have on face is singles.. but that's it
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Z
    JayZ. Scarface has been better in the last few years though.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    Scarface
  • GunTown
    Scarface
    goldenja wrote: »

Jay Z has the worst singles ever outta any rapper in history imo. His singles are terrible

Sunshine
    Hardknock Life
    Girls, Girls, Girls
    Young Forever
    Hola Hovito
    Run This Town
    Dirt Of Your Shoulder
    03 Bonnie And Clyde
    Tom Ford
  • goldenja
    edited March 2014
    Scarface
    GunTown wrote: »

Jay Z has the worst singles ever outta any rapper in history imo. His singles are terrible

Sunshine
    Hardknock Life
    Girls, Girls, Girls
    Young Forever
    Hola Hovito
    Run This Town
    Dirt Of Your Shoulder
    03 Bonnie And Clyde
    Tom Ford

....the key word was "might"

and I only say that because face rarely (if ever outside geto boys) had anything on the radio
  • GunTown
    Scarface
    I hear that but the reason for that is because Scarface doesn't pay Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Rihanna, R Kelly, Pharrell Williams, Mary J Blige etc to feature and do the hooks on his singles like Jay Z does. The reason Jay Z singles get radio play is because of the hook from people like Alicia Keys and Justin Timberlake and because of the beats that people like Timbaland and Just Blaze Produced

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Z
    I hear that but the reason for that is because Scarface doesn't pay Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Rihanna, R Kelly, Pharrell Williams, Mary J Blige etc to feature and do the hooks on his singles like Jay Z does. The reason Jay Z singles get radio play is because of the hook from people like Alicia Keys and Justin Timberlake and because of the beats that people like Timbaland and Just Blaze Produced

When did RAPPERS start getting judged by their SINGING skills??? Next your tell me trey songz and chris brown are more talented singers then boyz II men becuz they can rap smh
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Z
    Not sure why people continue to place these Jay Vs. threads. The majority of people on the IC feel like Jay is overratted, wack, pretentious, etc. I mean, from an IC vote perspective, you already know what the results will be, no?? IMO both are great artists with classics under their belts, but Hov is Jordan of the game. He may have his wizards era, but he's still ? MJ
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    Dang that may be the last Jay song I liked was dirt off your shoulder..
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Jay Z

Sunshine
    Hardknock Life
    Girls, Girls, Girls
    Young Forever
    Hola Hovito
    Run This Town
    Dirt Of Your Shoulder
    03 Bonnie And Clyde
    Tom Ford

Those songs are better than Without Me, Just Lose It, Ass Like That, and We Made You.
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Z
    yall gotta stop feeding into these stupid threads. just voted so t/s doesnt get what it wanted (jay-z to lose).
  • GunTown
    Scarface
    GetoBoy wrote: »

When did RAPPERS start getting judged by their SINGING skills??? Next your tell me trey songz and chris brown are more talented singers then boyz II men becuz they can rap smh

There are plenty of rappers who do hooks but don't sing they just do rapped hooks.

Such as Lloyd Banks, a lotta 50 Cent hooks, a lotta early Snoop Dogg hooks, a lotta DMX hooks etc

Of course sung hooks and hooks woth melody sound better and if the a rapper can sing hooks he is a more artistic, more creative, more diverse artist than a rapper whoi can't but there is rappers who can do good rapped hooks
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    it really be sad to only make ourselves feel better to see Jay lose in a message board poll.
  • GunTown
    Scarface

What i posted actually doesn't even have nothing to do with that

Godenja said Jay Z has more hits than Scarface which is true but i explained to him why he does. The reason those Jay Z singles get radio play and are hits is because of the reason i explained the featured hook people like Alicia Keys and Justin Timberlake did on the singles is why they get radio play

Which is obvious he asked why Jay Z has more hits so i answered the question
  • goldenja
    Scarface
    great comparison by the way
  • GetoBoy
    Jay Z

There are plenty of rappers who do hooks but don't sing they just do rapped hooks.

Such as Lloyd Banks, a lotta 50 Cent hooks, a lotta early Snoop Dogg hooks, a lotta DMX hooks etc

Of course sung hooks and hooks woth melody sound better and if the a rapper can sing hooks he is a more artistic, more creative, more diverse artist than a rapper whoi can't but there is rappers who can do good rapped hooks

Again.... what does any of that have to do with rapping. .if you wanna start comparing artist then do you but you tend to ask about who is the better rapper then go on name things that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with rapping skills..

Albums sales, twitter followers, singles features, awards, singing hooks, producing your beats, etc don't have anything to do with your skills for rapping...
  • GunTown
    Scarface

Again.... what does any of that have to do with rapping. .if you wanna start comparing artist then do you but you tend to ask about who is the better rapper then go on name things that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with rapping skills..

Albums sales, twitter followers, singles features, awards, singing hooks, producing your beats, etc don't have anything to do with your skills for rapping...

Well Scarface is a much better rapper and much superior song writter than Jay Z

Scarface albums are much better than Jay Z's albums
  • GetoBoy
    Jay Z
    No problem at all with that being your opinion in fact I can see a case being made for that... Now when you start with saying others are better cuz they sing their hooks and produce their tracks and it's deep that's where you lose ppl
  • GunTown
    Scarface
    No problem at all with that being your opinion in fact I can see a case being made for that... Now when you start with saying others are better cuz they sing their hooks and produce their tracks and it's deep that's where you lose ppl

That makes them better artists key word being artist

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    Facemob...
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    Am I the only one that doesn't even think this is close?

I can listen to Face 24-7 and name one horrible from him. Jay got like 4..
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    *horrible album
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    can't decide right now...be back later
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭