DC: Rebirth

Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in Quite Comical
Well we got one for Marvel NOW! figured we should do one for DC as well. Ive been a bit behind as of late, but what are yalls favorite books atm? favorite arcs so far?

Green Lantern was my favorite book. I havent gotten any comics at all since Geoff Johns left. Made sure i picked up the last issue he did and went on a hiatus from book shopping, now im gonna start copping the Paperback trades to catch up.

Animal Man has had a dope book from what i have (think im up to issue 17) Loved the arcane Arc.

New Guardians is a dope book, probably my 2nd favorite behind Green Lantern.

Johns has been doing great with Aquaman. I was a Aquaman hater before i decided to check out the new 52 book that johns is doing and i love it.

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Batman has been consistently good save for the end of Death of the Family. The media still ? rides Scott Snyder too much. I abandoned Detective and Batman and Robin a while back. Brought all of the Justice League trades and back issues last week. The origin arc and Graves arc were pretty lackluster. Haven't finished Trinity War yet. Forever Evil is dope as hell though.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    My favorite Lantern book is Red Lanterns. Ever since Charles Soule took over that and Swamp Thing both books have been firing on all cylinders. Especially RL with Guy as the new leader of the Red Lantern Corps and overseer of sector 2814. It's between Red Lanterns, Earth 2 and Wonder Woman as far as my favorite New 52 series right now.

Detective Comics and Batman & Robin are hands down the best Batman books on the market. The latter especially just finished one of the dopest Two-Face stories in years. Really hyped for the "Hunt for Robin" now. I really enjoyed All-Star Western's Jonah Hex in the present arc and look forward to what comes next now that he's back in the old west with a reconstructed face.
  • Lou Cypher
    Ive heard a lot about Batman and Robin. I think when i start buying the paperback trades this weekend that book will be one of the first i start buying.

Red Lanterns was always one of my favorite books. In the beginning it was getting horrible reviews but i enjoyed almost every issue. Followed detective comics until issue 12 and that one was really good too.

Is it seeming like Damian is coming back? or gonna be a new robin coming our way?
  • lord nemesis
    Damian will probably resurface one way or another. But as is it looks like Bats new sidekick is a female named Bluebird.
  • Broddie
    edited March 2014
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Ive heard a lot about Batman and Robin. I think when i start buying the paperback trades this weekend that book will be one of the first i start buying.

Red Lanterns was always one of my favorite books. In the beginning it was getting horrible reviews but i enjoyed almost every issue. Followed detective comics until issue 12 and that one was really good too.

Is it seeming like Damian is coming back? or gonna be a new robin coming our way?

Red Lanterns was ok in the beginning but it got better when it changed writers and is even better with the new status quo.

When Damian got killed Batman & Robin dealt with Bruce's grieving period. During that arc they introduced a character called Carrie Kelly who used to teach Damian acting lessons. Carrie Kelly was also the Robin from the elseworlds story The Dark Knight Returns. This was the way she was introduced into the new 52 universe and the assumption is that she will eventually become Robin down the line since it was why she was introduced into Batman mythology in the first place.

At the same time Grant Morrison left a fail safe available for Damian's return. Batman Inc ended with Ra's Al Ghul facing a lot of Damian clones gestating in artificial wombs. It also ended with Ra's Al Ghul robbing Damian and Talia's corpses from Wayne Manor. The arc that just finished in Batman & Robin this month (Batman & Two-Face) even referenced this early on.

BMTF_24_4.jpg

The Hunt for Robin which is the next arc in Batman & Robin starting next month is going to deal with what Bruce was talking about in that last panel there.
  • Lou Cypher
    Ah i see. Thanks broddie.

Have any of yall been following Batwing? i wanted to back when they had the african Batwing, then it changed to Fox's son. I was following too many books to pick up another one though lol. Batwings new batsuit looks ? dope though!

Has anyone been following Vibe or JLA? I stopped buying right when those books came out. First issues were cool imo.
  • Lou Cypher
    Also i just ordered Vol. 1 of The Talon. Had the first 2 issues but got the collection. I liked the first couple issues, interesting take on the character being an escape artist. Anyone follow that book? i heard Snyder isnt writing it anymore.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? dc' 52...

the fans got mr terrific sent to earth 2 because they didnt like him dating power girl
  • Broddie
    No Mr. Terrific got his series cancelled because it was terrible. He got sent over to Earth 2 because his roots are with the JSA and it's the team he fits in with the most. When Power Girl eventually returns to Earth 2 chances are they'll be a couple.
  • lord nemesis
    Anybody gonna be checking for Batman Eternal next month?
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just now gonna start following the New 52 picked up The Batman paperbacks volume1-2 and Justice League paperbacks 1-2 I wanted to pick up Green Lantern but I heard he's a ? now and I put it back. Maybe I might pick up the Flash always wanted to read more into him.
  • Lou Cypher
    I'm just now gonna start following the New 52 picked up The Batman paperbacks volume1-2 and Justice League paperbacks 1-2 I wanted to pick up Green Lantern but I heard he's a ? now and I put it back. Maybe I might pick up the Flash always wanted to read more into him.

Lol Green lantern is only a ? in the Earth 2 Comic.

I highly recommend you pick up Green Lantern, and Green Lantern: New Guardians.

HIGHLY recommend.

Earth 2 aint that bad either though. Never checked out Green Lantern: Corps before, i heard John Stewart was the main lantern.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    How about Flash? Can I get a schedule on when the graphic novels will be released because I only have up y o issues 12 and they are up to the 30's I believe... unless you know somewhere online I can read them at until the graPhic novels coMe out?
  • Lou Cypher
    edited March 2014
    I only have up to issue 16 of flash. Its not bad.i liked the arc with Gorilla Grodd. My first experience with the character so i didnt really know all his abilities or his history. Wasnt my favorite book but definitely not my least favorite.

Ive been buying my Paperback trades off of amazon. Older ones (vol 1. Vol 2.) you can get new for 8-11 bucks +Shipping. havent spent more than 14 bucks on one yet. Usually go for 30ish in stores around here or 20ish on other websites i saw.

Id also recommend Aquaman. Really dope series. Seriously.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    I think I'm gonna follow Batman, Justice League, Flash, and Green Lantern. I guess I'm gonna have to buy the comics of them all past about issue 16.

Aquaman.... really? Lol
  • Broddie
    edited March 2014
    Aquaman's always had good comic books. The problem is a lot of people overlooked them cause of the superfriends cartoon stigma so they get cancelled. New 52 Aquaman is the best volume yet and it's been very commercially successful thankfully so it won't get cancelled anytime soon.
  • Lou Cypher
    Anyone been reading Constantine? Or Vibe? how are they?
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am about to start Wonder Woman and Aquaman from the beginning in NU52, I am catching up on Justice league. All caught up on Supes. Is there anything else you guys would suggest that I read
  • Lou Cypher
    I am about to start Wonder Woman and Aquaman from the beginning in NU52, I am catching up on Justice league. All caught up on Supes. Is there anything else you guys would suggest that I read

Green Lantern, Green Lantern: New Guardians, Red Lantern, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Detective Comics, Batman.

dont have to read all of them, but i dont think you'll be too disappointed with anything listed.
  • evoljeanyes
    I gotta get swamp thing I am sleep.
  • evoljeanyes
    Diana's book is the ? .
  • Lou Cypher
    Apparently in Red Lanterns, Supergirl now has a rage ring!

Also, i saw on reddit, that issue 1 of Batman (new 52) is selling on amazon and other sites for 50-60 bucks! i got that issue! gonna hold on to it and see what happens.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Difference between action comics and superman man I'm tryna get into this and I'm confused.. Rather start from the beginning . Only supes and Batman and justice league. I just read JL 1-7
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    the wonder twins?

1311626178002.gif