How much do you LOVE your slave name?

Options
twatgetta
twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
Would you change it if you knew you could? would you change it back? but to what? or what would you change it to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CpJpGF8lS8

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate mine (starts with a P but not too awkward sounding) and I have considered changing it. The main problem though is, change it to what? There's so much history with the name in my family so I wouldn't even know what to change it to. Introspective ? we don't think about too often
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My parents were wise enough to give me an African name first name and my father traveled to Africa directly to get us a last name through his acceptance in Ghana. He had to alter it a bit to avoid inter tribal beef.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't have this problem
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lucky ? ......
  • twatgetta
    Options
    I hate mine (starts with a P but not too awkward sounding) and I have considered changing it. The main problem though is, change it to what? There's so much history with the name in my family so I wouldn't even know what to change it to. Introspective ? we don't think about too often

Take time and think about the type of person you are. and go from that. Taht's how people were named back in the days. After their character.
  • twatgetta
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

ok, Charles *shrugs*
  • twatgetta
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    My parents were wise enough to give me an African name first name and my father traveled to Africa directly to get us a last name through his acceptance in Ghana. He had to alter it a bit to avoid inter tribal beef.

So what African Tribe is your father from?

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »

ok, Charles *shrugs*

my Last name is african based.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    FuriousOne wrote: »

So what African Tribe is your father from?

he's not from an African tribe per se. Basically, my ancestors were from the south and from Africa before then. The lost people. He was accepted because he was a powerful musician and respected his host traditions honestly. He was giving the name last name Abuwi.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slave name nah, I descend from a white man do Jackson is my name from blood. Aaron is actually Egyptian meaning exalted one or high mountain.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only my first name is African/Swahili.. and I'm fine with that..
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    somebody tell me what Rebel is any African language and that will be my name.