GPCGMR- DayZ Mod - Anyone playing?

Darth Sidious
Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in IllGaming
So I decided to see what this was all about, bought Arma II through Steam and another expansion that was required two days ago, then downloaded DayZ.

A little trouble at first getting it to run and then logging into a server but it finally worked.

Holy ? ! This is crazy.

My first time playing I have a gun and end up on the coast, I see a town and a few zombies so I go check it out.

1) First thing I learn, this is NOT Left 4 Dead!!!, I quickly go through all my ammo and zombies are coming out of the wood work after me so I start running, they wont quit. I run off the pier and jump in the ocean. These ? zombies can swim!

2) I see a light house, still running, climb in, nothing there, zombies outside, I am trapped, --Abort. I survived horribly all for about 20 minutes and if anyone saw me I must have looked like an idiot.

---

Next go around, stay away and hidden from Zombies!!

3) Wherever you want to go, is surrounded by Zombies! I am cold and thirsty running through the woods ( this will ? you in DayZ ) and I managed to find a can of pasta and a coke. I felt like I found gold. I drank coke but without tools I will not be able to open can to eat pasta so I am most likely going to starve unless I can find and opener or matches to ? a animal and start a fire.

4) This is a tough game, looking forward to playing it. I am also ranking it THE scariest game I have ever played, its just creepy and very tense.

Here is a recent PC gamer story on it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/28/dayz-diaries-the-one-where-andy-decides-never-to-trust-anyone-ever-again/

DayZ Diaries: the one where Andy decides never to trust anyone ever again

DayZ-diaries-311.jpg

Every Tuesday, DayZ Diaries recounts Andy's adventures in post-apocalyptic survival sim DayZ, where beans and friends are frequently in short supply.

In last week's diary I spoke with some relish about my first foray into the thrilling world of cold-hearted banditry. But then the update happened and my character was reset. So here I am, back on the beach in a t-shirt, thirsty, unarmed, and helpless. But I don't mind, because some of the best stories in DayZ emerge when you're at the bottom of the food chain.

I'm in Berezino. The town has already been emptied and all I manage to scavenge is an axe, a backpack, and a few cans of beans. As I'm looting the supermarket, I run into another player. He's a fresh spawn too and sounds friendly enough over voice chat. "Do you want to go to the north-east airfield and get some better loot?" he asks. I agree, and we head inland.

We make small talk on the way, exchanging names. I don't have a compass, but it feels like we're going in the right direction. We poke our heads in a few buildings along the way, but they've been picked clean too. The server is full, so I'm not surprised. We hike for about five minutes until we hit a dirt road, when a figure suddenly emerges from a bush.

DayZ-diaries-321.jpg

"Put your hands up." I comply. I don't have much choice with an M4 pointed at my head. The bandit handcuffs me and orders me to drop to my knees. I'm wondering why he isn't bothering with my new friend, who's been lying prone this whole time. Then I realise what's happening. They're working together. "That'll teach you to trust people!" the betrayer laughs, stealing my axe and backpack. I'm angry, but also impressed. I'm angpressed.

They uncuff me, but rather than suffer the indignity of trekking back to Berezino in my underpants, I ask them to ? me. My former friend refuses, saying they're 'nice bandits', but his friend approaches, silently loads his pistol, and pulls the trigger. Now I understand why so many people ? on sight in DayZ, even when confronted by a seemingly harmless bambi. There are more back-stabbing ? in Chernarus than Westeros and Deadwood combined.

My pride is hurt, and I'm more paranoid than ever, but I'm still not willing to ? on sight. Interacting with other survivors is half the fun of DayZ for me. I start a new character, and after a successful raid on the north-west airfield with a friend, I'm geared up again. I have a Mosin, a long range scope, a case of ammo, and one of those neat-looking military berets added in the update. My friend logs off, so I go for a wander along the south coast.

As I'm running along the highway connecting Solnichny and Kamyshovo, I end up with three fresh spawns tailing me. They ask to tag along and I agree, not for a second considering them a threat. I have a gun after all. We run into a zombie and I take it down with my axe, but it gets a hit in before it falls. "Dude, you've been hit!" says one of the bambis. "You better bandage up!" Foolishly, I do, and as I'm locked in the animation, he starts punching me in the head.

I pull out my axe. "Sorry! I just wanted your loot!" I swing at him, but he's running in circles, still punching. Then another bambi joins in. In the confusion I ? all three of them, including the one who wasn't attacking me. "Nice try, idiot." I curse over voice chat. I'm still bleeding, and the colour is draining from my screen. I bandage up and continue heading west, this time with my rifle loaded and primed. As Roger Daltrey once sang, I won't get fooled again.

This is the turning point for me. After 75 hours of Dayz - of near-constant treachery, deception, and duplicitous dickery - I've decided that enough is enough. From now on, when I'm playing solo, I'm killing anyone I see. Even if you're a bambi in a t-shirt, you're going down without hesitation. Chernarus has ruined me. I'm Christopher Walken at the end of The Deer Hunter: a dazed, dead-eyed shadow of my former self, numbed by the horrors I've seen.

Andy is keeping track of his every bitter demise in DayZ, you can follow those at DayZdeathdiary.tumblr.com.

Comments

• The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Downloaded this game last night off Steam.A bit buggy but it has great potiential.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats yalls steam names? Me and Sanchez play this ? together and we trying to put a squad together. Lmao this ? is funny, me and Sanchez were looting this buildng and I seen a fresh dead body, some ? who got stripped naked and robbed by other players, I went to observe the body and jumped off a building and broke my leg cause I aint know how real that ? was.. I couldn't walk so Sanchez had to run and find a hospital to get me medicine while I crawled and hid in a bush. Sanchez ended up dying and my leg healed itself but I got killed by zombies
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im about to build me another pc soon ima get this 2 probaly my steam name is the same as my forum name ghostf4cekilla
  • The Prodigalson
    My steam name is xProd1galsonx
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bigus_Dickus

Add me up, it's highly unlikely I'll be playing with any frequency for the next 6 months but if I see you all online and I'm free, I'll jump on.

Better to confront the zombie apocalypse as a group, like the Walking Dead..hahaha

resized_grandma-finds-the-internet-meme-generator-what-s-this-a-friend-request-from-biggus-dickus-d41d8c.jpg

• The Prodigalson
    My steam name is xProd1galsonx
    Its actually Prod1galson.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arms day z been out for years b
  • The Prodigalson
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this really graphically demanding? Been wanting to get it when its on sale but I don't feel like lagging behind because my computer sucks
  • The Prodigalson
    edited February 2014
    Don't know but here are my Laptop Specs. I have Dell Precision M6800 Workstation

Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ processor (Quad Core 2.70GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo, 6MB 47W, w/HD Graphics 4600)
    Windows 7 Professional English 64bit (Includes Windows 8 Pro license)
    17.3" UltraSharp™ FHD(1920x1080) Wide View Anti-Glare LED-backlit with Premium Panel Guarantee
    16GB2 DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
    1TB Hybrid 2.5in, SATA3 with 8GB SSD Flash
    8X DVD+/-RW Drive Slot Load
    Nvidia® Quadro® K3100M w/4GB GDDR5
  • The Prodigalson
    I also have it on a dockingstation as well.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Right so I finnaly build my new rig today jut have to install Windows

8 Gigs ram

Asus gtx 650ti oc 2 gigs

And a-10 7850 bulk end quad core clocked at 4.0 with 4 GPUs and 8 GPUs
    ,s

I brought day and NBA 2k14
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    So I brought this game for me and my brother I haven't been
    Playing it like him

They start you out on a beach so I started walking around then all of a sudden this zombie came out of nowhere I got ran into the water the zombie sunk under water but I couldn't find a way out after I swam so much and quit

Now my brother is obviously better than me he was able to find food a hacksaw and a axe, he told me he was chillin in some building eating cereal when these two guys tried to jump he sparred them and didn't use his weapons and just knocked one of them the ? out and kept it moving the other guy didn't chase him so he could wake his homeboy up.

Me and him haven't gotten on together yet

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Alright so I started trying to play this with my bro, we still haven't been able to meet up because ? keeps happening to me,

So he put me on to a online map it is still extremely difficult to get to point a to.b but.I can.navigate better I am no longer 100% lost

So my bro is somewhere on the map in a hut chillin with his cereal,snacks assortment of guns in a house.with a well he's practically rich in this game at this point. While im still trying to survive with a flashlight,

So im following the main road when 5 noobies run up behind me so there cool , so I start rolling with them because there going in the same direction my bro is , they all have mics so do I I tell them im trying to find my brother. So we keep it moving

THEN

THIS random white guy comes up behind us saying his boys started a pantless refugee camp so these idiots all take off there pants and follow him. Im like yo its a trap dont do it I go to get some koolaid from tge fridge and there all gone

I follow their trail into a town I have to pass by to get to my bro all I heAr is gunshots POW POW POW POW!!!!

Im like oh ? fearing for my video game life I see 3 pantless bodies and some guy with a fun and a motorcycle helmet standing over them

He spots me so I take off into the woods and I loose him only later on to starve to death a few miles away from my brother