Doctor claims ADHD Does Not Exist

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe there was already a thread to this or is this new information?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    didnt read....but i've always felt like it was ?

"you're hyper active and cant focus like normal people....take these zombie pills every day and it will be just fine"

"oh and if you stop taking them, you'll most likely ? 3 or more people as soon as you can"
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    they haven't seen the thread in the donkey I seed
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there was or is going to be some changes in the DSM concerning ADHD. I do think there can be some attention deficit disorders but agree that they probably do not need to be treated with medicine. I also think that primary care doctors (and parents or even teachers/administrators) are quick to label a child resulting in misdiagnosis and unnecessary prescriptions being handed out.

More focus should be on how time in classroom is spent. Recess has been shortened and or taken away and for many schools so has physical education class. Doesn't take a genus to know that most kids (and especially male children) don't benefit from spending hours on end at a desk with little to no movement.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    MissK wrote: »
    I think there was or is going to be some changes in the DSM concerning ADHD. I do think there can be some attention deficit disorders but agree that they probably do not need to be treated with medicine. I also think that primary care doctors (and parents or even teachers/administrators) are quick to label a child resulting in misdiagnosis and unnecessary prescriptions being handed out.

More focus should be on how time in classroom is spent. Recess has been shortened and or taken away and for many schools so has physical education class. Doesn't take a genus to know that most kids (and especially male children) don't benefit from spending hours on end at a desk with little to no movement.

trust, they already know that....but then again changing that would be cramping a billion dollar business

guess who wins again?

• MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get me started on that subject @Hafbayked! so true, so true
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Szasz already went in on these kinds of diagnoses.

They're not based on objective measures and basically give psychologists and psychiatrists the power to define what is normal and medicate anyone who doesn't meet the criteria into oblivion.
  • Big James
    Big James Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    That's why told kids teacher to go fist herself. ? is ? .
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    more doctors need to come out and say this ? , i always felt adhd was some ? pharmaceutical companies came up with to sell some more pills and then you got ? ass kids using adhd as an excuse for everything
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    yeah, it's always seemed a little bogus to me, but i'll tell you, people take the position "ADHD isn't real" VERY angrily
  • brandon-j
    brandon-j Members Posts: 148 ✭✭
    edited March 2014
    the problem really lies inside the gut in your intestines i believe. Most of us aren't eating the right foods and that stuff damages our gut and immune system causing toxins that interfere with the brain. The gut & brain work together. They putting steriods in the meat we eat, chemicals on the plants for our veggies and fruit, & commericialize junk food. we gotta watch what we eat.