Are there any PPV matches you think should of been WM matches

r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
With Wrestlemania coming up i thought this would be a good time to talk about past mania where WWE fail to capitalize on feud that could off been big Mania match if done right. My pick is

John Cena VS Wade Barrett

I always thought that match should of been the main event of WM 27 instead of the PPV it was held at (I forgot which PPV this was held at) and maybe Wade should of been the champion . I know they basically wanted the 27 main event to be a commercial for the main event at 28 but i think it should of ended the nexus era and i think you still could of had the Rock involved.

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it could still happen, down the line but i think punk/bryan should be a mania main event, somewhat of a modern day hbk/hart imo
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeff Hardy vs. Edge in Ladder Match for The WWE Title should have been a WrestleMania match

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar should have been a WrestleMania match

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Hbk vs Hitman WM 13

(but ? it we got a classic with Bret and stone cold and the push that put Austin as the leader of the AE)
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cena vs Edge from Royal Rumble 2006.

When Edge cashed in on Cena he should have held the strap until Wrestlemania. Of course that didn't happen because HHH was Inked in that spot.

Undertaker vs Kurt Angle from No way out 2006.

This match is a classic but it definitely should have happened at WM for the WHC. I remember Angle saying that the original idea was to have this match at WM and he would have won...I'm not sure if I believe that 100% but that match should have happened at 'Mania.