Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    they already showed thanos
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok just came back from seeing this DAMN its going down and I can safely assume that dr.strange will have another of the 5 items when his movie drops in 2016/2017 as well as maybe panther or another movie character not annpunced yet. We will get a better understanding of thanos in the guardians movie and he maybe referenced in avengers 2 as well but 5 gems/stones left damn can't wait.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The worst part about this type of long over reaching intertwined story arc that spans multiple franchises let alone sequels is the amount of time we have to wait to see it all come to fruition. It could be 2018 before we see Avengers 3 and THANOS ending ? .

Angry5.gif
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^I don't mind it at all. We've never seen this many superhero films cranked out in such a short time, much less in a shared universe complete with crossovers and cameos. I'll enjoy it until Disney drops the ball which I seriously doubt because of the near-monopoly they hold in the genre.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^I don't mind it at all. We've never seen this many superhero films cranked out in such a short time, much less in a shared universe complete with crossovers and cameos. I'll enjoy it until Disney drops the ball which I seriously doubt because of the near-monopoly they hold in the genre.

Don't get me wrong, I think its fantastic that Marvel and Disney are even attempting something like this for the first time in cinematic history. Its just that if a meteor hits the planet or a zombie apocalypse starts I'm going to be ? ? that I didn't get to see

dbt2.jpg (n.h)

• prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tom Hiddleton really did a good job as Loki in this one.

I heard critics about the acting being blah and it was all about the fighting scenes and visuals(it was).

But far as just acting wise Hiddleton was the star of the movie.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this drops on Blu-Ray today, worth a rent? I feel like this movie just came and went. I never got a feel for if it was actually any good or not...
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    post that marvel ?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just now seeing Thor for the first time. Gonna download the dark world when I get home.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    So this drops on Blu-Ray today, worth a rent? I feel like this movie just came and went. I never got a feel for if it was actually any good or not...

I get the feeling Marvel didn't expect Loki to overshadow the movie the way that he did and because of that, they didn't market it and take full advantage of the overwhelming approval of Tom Hiddleston's performance.

I still want Amora the Enchantress to be introduced.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this movie sucked, I couldn't even get through it on an airplane and switched it over to Pacific Rim instead.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    after watching it again a few days ago, I have a few gripes. I understand they have to put that Earth element in it but I felt that was forced. I thought for sure Jane Foster was gonna die in this. I thought the villains would have been more ruthless. Them chasing Jane and her crew towards the end was wack.
    Another thing I noticed and maybe someone could answer this for me, its something really simple and I don't think was explained. How was Jane able to breathe on Asgard?
  • soul rattler
    Options
    The atmosphere on Asgard is the same as Earth. Plus she had the aether inside of her acting as a protecting agent.

My one real gripe was the teased love triangle between Thor, Foster, and Sif not getting more screentime.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both Thor movies have been good, but both should have been way better.

Next one they should just go for broke and bring out Surtur and Musphelheim, with some Enchantress on the side.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I just saw this on demand. liked it. more action than the 1st. loved the homor in it two. Freya's Viking funeral scene was beautiful. she went out like a warrior(sorry theres no spoiler option in my post this site is screwed up). this movie is rewatchable and satisfactory. also I like that they spent more time in asgard than on earth. like some other posters said the enchantress and her enforcer should be in this but a bad ? needs to play her. also would like to see valkerie and hella(loki's daughter). so asgardians are not immortal gods after all just super mortals with long life spans and the ancient Vikings worshiped them as dieties. I like that twist marvel put on the mythology. ancient aliens did an episode on the norse gods also. I would also like to see beta ray bill in a sequel. was there an after credits scene? this movie got me looking forward to the winter soldier.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ending fight was weird as hell, but I actually liked it. Marvel's cheesy humor is growing on me. I actually had to laugh a little at the subway scene.

I also agree with rage. I like what they are undertaking but man getting hyped about movies that don't come out for 2, 3, 4 years sucks. I wish they went the LotR route and filmed these movies around the same time. I guess that's not really possible in this case though.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Trust My Rage" ? gave me chills with that line!!!
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen the movie, it was cool. Only gripe is movie doesn't show Thor's strength or speed. You watch Man of Steel and it shows how strong and fast Supes is. From this movie you wouldnt guess Thor was strong and think all his power comes from the hammer
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^that's always been my issue with Thor in these movies. Iron Man shooting the fair one with Thor? ? ? me off they woukd disrespect my boy like that.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right !!! Though in First Thor he took out a plethora of SHIELD agents trying to get to his Hammer.

Also was defending himself quite well against The Hulk before he called for it.

but in Thor 2 yeah they made him seem like a mortal without it,got him catching the train and ? ,jogging to go stop Malechi when he was spreading the Eather through all the worlds smh