Real talk... if there are ? , biracial 'black' women are the worst

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch a 50 minute video/read an entire book just to post a few comments?

aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.gif
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this has disintegrated into a definition debate?
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    LaQueefa wrote: »
    Lmao what?!

stew, you loathe black women. So, your point in this "debate" is invalid because you are already bias in your sentiment.

You're prejudice.

Plus, there is no such thing for a person of color to be racist. Can a person of color be prejudice? Yes, but not racist.

From a Black Academic Scholar, Michael Eric Dyson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ0QfLkjujY

Prejudice against black women? Lmao my grandmother, aunts and cousins would tell you a completely diff story. Dont get the IC and real life twisted, woman.

Stop it five.
  • Bodhi
    Elrawd wrote: »
    Bodhi wrote: »
    How does the definition of racism presuppose that one must have some type of social or economic control over another tmin order to be racist?

There are levels to racism. Holding a supremacist attitude towards a 'race' would be worse racism than simply racializing people

There are varying degrees to a lot of things. That doesn't answer my question.
  • Purr
    edited April 2014
    @Bodhi, I am just providing facts from academic scholars to prove my point. I come with up to date current facts on the definition of racism. Also, I own the book :) It's a great read.

@copper dont be getting sassy girl.
  • Bodhi
    Just so we're clear:

rac·ism/ˈrāˌsizəm/

noun
    the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Please refer to Michael Eric Dyson, an Academic Scholar, on the actual definition of racism.

If you are going to by that definition, please tell me, when have black people distinguished themselves as superior to other "races" through the law, social, cultural, education, government, economic and etc?

If that was the case, then whiteness would not be seen as an invisible race nor would white appropriation would exist to this day.

Racism is a belief. It can be carried out in the most simplest of actions not necessarily having to do with political or economic control. I can be racist and degrade you by verbal or physical abuse.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so we're clear:

rac·ism/ˈrāˌsizəm/

noun
    the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Please refer to Michael Eric Dyson, an Academic Scholar, on the actual definition of racism.

Appeal to authority
  • Bodhi
    Copper wrote: »

You have to know how someone defines something before you can argue it.
  • Bodhi
    @Bodhi, I am just providing facts from academic scholars to prove my point. I come with up to date current facts on the definition of racism. Also, I own the book :) It's a great read.

@copper dont be getting sassy girl.

like scholars have never been wrong or biased.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Why do humans hold other humans voice on a pedestal? That person is just another human who has an outlet to voice his/her's opinion. Prophets dont exist anymore, at least not in the form they once did. Just cause they on TV(media outlet) dont mean shiiiiit.
  • Copper

Not if its not the topic at hand
  • Bodhi
    Just so we're clear:

rac·ism/ˈrāˌsizəm/

noun

Lol.. Go find this "actual" definition and show it to me.
  • Purr
    so, yall gonna really discredit academic research and scholars? lol oh ok.

kudos.
  • Bodhi

if a word is used in the discussion, it would be nice to know what it means to all parties involved before you can continue to discuss it without any confusion.
  • LUClEN

kudos.

A point should not rest on 'credentials'.

You really got robbed of an education chasing an english degree
  • Bodhi

kudos.

so if MED told you something obviously ridiculous and false, would you believe it because he said it or does truth exist outside of his word?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally agree with med ....

But i have a common belief to never say I totally agree with someone

Yea just because he us a scholar doesnt mean his word his the gospel im just speaking generally

Cats get led cajoled and brainwashed by scholars and dummies alike again speakin in general
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the rate things are going, the majority of the demographic in this country is gonna be multicultural anyway.

This scares a lot of white folks.

Whites aren't the only ones who don't like blacks. Asians, Hispanics, East Indians, etc. don't like our black ? either.

The bold I find laughable.

Mainly bcuz I don't see why.

Mainly bcuz they get treated just as equally as bad as we do.

Mainly bcuz a lot of white folks dislike their azzz just as much as they dislike us.

Mainly bcuz a lot of white folks are tryin to prevent a lot of them from becoming legal.

...but yet they dislike us? Lol.
  • Copper

if a word is used in the discussion, it would be nice to know what it means to all parties involved before you can continue to discuss it without any confusion.

To what end?
    If it means different things to different people focusing on it will become detrimental to the conversation.
  • LUClEN

To what end?
    If it means different things to different people focusing on it will become detrimental to the conversation.

Neither party needs to necessarily accept the others definition of the word

they just need to understand what the other one is saying when they use it
  • Copper

To what end?

Which is my point
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    You cant totally write off whole groups of not liking us.. but ill say this on many shores they have a name for us in their native tongue

Myth and color complex does color people perception of us as a people along with long standing stereotypes...

Better question if so many of you feel that way why do you allow yourself to be pimped by "others" so willingly amd obliviously and think yall are winning in the process
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    At the rate things are going, the majority of the demographic in this country is gonna be multicultural anyway.

This scares a lot of white folks.

Whites aren't the only ones who don't like blacks. Asians, Hispanics, East Indians, etc. don't like our black ? either.

The bold I find laughable.

Mainly bcuz I don't see why.

Mainly bcuz they get treated just as equally as bad as we do.

Mainly bcuz a lot of white folks dislike their azzz just as much as they dislike us.

Mainly bcuz a lot of white folks are tryin to prevent a lot of them from becoming legal.

...but yet they dislike us? Lol.

Its true tho. I had a Puerto Rican gf back in the 7th grade when I was in Hawaii. She hit me with a letter(HA, Imagine that). Her parents told her she couldnt date me anymore because I was black, and her parents knew that I was half PR. Ether

I found her on FB a few years ago, low and behold........her bf is white. lol smh
  • Bodhi

To what end?

The focus on the definition, not the concepts, is to determine first whether or not it means different things to different people to begin with. Once you have that knowledge, it may be easier to continue the conversation. If you don't know what words mean to the person you're talking to, there is no conversation.
  • LUClEN

To what end?

Which is my point

It is not detrimental.

Case in point, if me and you are talking about pop and you think pop is all carbonated drinks and I think pop is only cola we will never understand what the other is saying

We don't have to agree we just need to know what the other is saying
    it is for clarity