Difference between Action Comics and Superman? New 52

Options
StoneColdMikey
StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
Tryna figure out whats the main difference about the two since they both about superman right? Tryna read all of the beginning of Justice League and I want to start with Superman story then Bats

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Action Comics deals with Superman when he is young. Before he fully became "Superman".

Superman is Grown, Well Known hero, member of the justice league.

New 52 Superman isnt that amazing, ive heard action comics is a lot better.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Which one should I read before for justice league
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Really up to you. While Superman is connected to the Justice League, from what i have (issues 1-15) it doesnt really tie in to justice league too much. Like whatever happens in his comic or JL's comic, doesnt really effect the story too much. You can skip reading superman and not miss anything in the JL comic's.

With that said I would probably give Action Comics a try, heard it was better and you won't be missing anything that would tie in to JL.

Get aquaman. Seriously.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Really up to you. While Superman is connected to the Justice League, from what i have (issues 1-15) it doesnt really tie in to justice league too much. Like whatever happens in his comic or JL's comic, doesnt really effect the story too much. You can skip reading superman and not miss anything in the JL comic's.

With that said I would probably give Action Comics a try, heard it was better and you won't be missing anything that would tie in to JL.

Get aquaman. Seriously.

Aquaman is pretty good in the reboot?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

Get aquaman. Seriously.

Aquaman is pretty good in the reboot?

Aquaman is ? awesome. My first time reading his comics. I just got it out of curiosity because the covers of the comics were ? dope. Its by far one of my favorite books atm.
  • jaxn
    Options
    thanks Lou Cypher, I need to catch up on these issues. This is really good for him because he's always looking like a chump even though he's a badass individual.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Co sign. Geoff Johns is the writer and he does a fantastic job imo. They even poke fun at how nobody thinks aquaman should be taken seriously but then he comes and ? ? up. Even in the justice league books haha.

? Geoff Johns writes all my favorite books in the New 52. well did write, i know he dropped Green Lantern and another one im pretty sure.
  • jaxn
    Options
    good look on that one Lou Cypher
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Action Comics is just as the title states the action packed book. Anything could happen in that book from Superman stopping a bank robbery to fighting space aliens and it will be more fast paced than what you find in Superman (the book). Superman has more emphasis on Superman interacting with the characters in metropolis like the daily planet staff, star labs etc. and fleshing his universe out.