Real talk... if there are ? , biracial 'black' women are the worst

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of yall are verty clinical and book smart..

But are dense as ?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of yall are verty clinical and book smart..

But are dense as ?

That would be an opinion
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elrawd wrote: »
    Bodhi wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Stereotypes are based on prejudices.

No, prejudice is an unreasonable dislike or negative (preconceived) judgment about someone. If I say all Asians practice kung fu, that's not based on any negative opinion.

All Asians practice kung fu (stereotype)
    I hate Asians (prejudice)
    and Asians are inferior to black people (racist)

Prejudice does not have to be negative it's just a preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

not necessarily but it usually is by definition.

1prej·u·dice
    / noun
    plural prej·u·dic·es

1 : an unfair feeling of dislike for a person or group because of race, sex, religion, etc. [noncount] ▪ The organization fights against racial prejudice. — often + against ▪ evidence of prejudice against women and minorities [count] ▪ religious, racial, and sexual prejudices

2 [count] : a feeling of like or dislike for someone or something especially when it is not reasonable or logical
    ▪ We tend to make these kinds of decisions according to our own prejudices. ▪ He has a prejudice against fast-food restaurants.
    http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/prejudice
  • Bodhi
    Especially when used in the context of race, sex and religion as shown
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bodhi wrote: »
    Stereotypes are based on prejudices.

No, prejudice is an unreasonable dislike or negative (preconceived) judgment about someone. If I say all Asians practice kung fu, that's not based on any negative opinion.

All Asians practice kung fu (stereotype)
    I hate Asians (prejudice)
    and Asians are inferior to black people (racist)

It could be based on your prejudice.

"All Asians know Kung fu" is a stereotype but why would you believe a stereotype? Because you already have preconceived notions about those people.

What is the basis of me believing these things?
    A person belongs to a certain group (Asians), within this group comes generalized ideas about that group (stereotypes). Now if I hold some prejudices about Asians I would believe the stereotype is true (all Asians know Kung fu)

Prejudices don't have to be that extreme (I hate Asians), it's just a prejudgment of a person's life or character based on beliefs which may come from stereotypes or m/disinformation.

• Bodhi
    "All Asians know Kung fu" is a stereotype but why would you believe a stereotype?

I'll let you answer that..

A person belongs to a certain group (Asians), within this group comes generalized ideas about that group (stereotypes).

I don't have to hold any prejudices to believe a stereotype. A stereotype is just that, an overgeneralization of a group
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man you blacks hate us biracial lite skin blacks. This thread is all based on opinion most of them uninformed an uneducated. But this is a hip-hop site that being said can't expect much from people who listen to kendrick Lamar chief Keefe or schoolboy q. The sooner we move past these racial issues the faster we would progress. But that's not going to happen anytime soon. Until you realize we are all one race the human race an when are equal your all ? .
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man you blacks hate us biracial lite skin blacks. This thread is all based on opinion most of them uninformed an uneducated. But this is a hip-hop site that being said can't expect much from people who listen to kendrick Lamar chief Keefe or schoolboy q. The sooner we move past these racial issues the faster we would progress. But that's not going to happen anytime soon. Until you realize we are all one race the human race an when are equal your all ? .

The idea of race was created as a tool to divide the masses. Because people were divided by social class before that. This is what the "elite" still follow bloodlines. And why there are people of color in high places and they ate all related. Race issues are really only for the poor. But yall dont see it....
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody can decide for themselves "what" they are no matter how society is set up.

unless youre ? seed, youre mixed.

Im not on that we are the world ? , I am the world biaaaatch
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can limit this problem by simply not race mixing.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    zombie wrote: »
    We can limit this problem by simply not race mixing.

truth...

People will catch feelings tho. But I agree.

I definitely dont hate white people, but I would not procreate with any woman other than a black woman.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingSimba wrote: »

The idea of race was created as a tool to divide the masses. Because people were divided by social class before that. This is what the "elite" still follow bloodlines. And why there are people of color in high places and they ate all related. Race issues are really only for the poor. But yall dont see it....

Yeah that is ? rich white people are just as racist toward rich black people
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayo ? dont come for me cause you thought I was still banned ? ?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    zombie wrote: »

Yeah that is ? rich white people are just as racist toward rich black people

are we talking about rich people....or wealthy families who have had money forge stations and generations and are in positions of power? Cuz if its the former, I agree. If its the later, the only thing they respect is money....and their master....
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many times was I referenced in this thread?
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol ? what?
  • Purr
    Can you guys use the oxford English dictionary?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread smacks of bitterness
  • playmaker88
    um divisionby social classess divides the masses also though...

raec issues only for the poor word to Henry Louis Gates..
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    But yall dont see it....
    LaQueefa wrote: »

Lol ? what?

my point exactly....
  • Purr

@playmaker88 you can not use academic scholars from Harvard because @elrawd believe that their professional assessment of race issues are baloney. :(
  • Arya Tsaddiq

true...but not as drastically and effectively as race. Tim Wise and Howard Zinn speak on this. Martin Luther King realized this before his life was taken. Malcom X realized this after his pilgrimage to Mecca. Its not a new concept. It just isn't openly discussed often.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaQueefa wrote: »

@playmaker88 you can not use academic scholars from Harvard because @elrawd believe that their professional assessment of race issues are baloney. :(

tumblr_ma0feaG2111qi00ie.jpg
  • playmaker88

true...but not as drastically and effectively as race.

Word to Indias caste system.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gary-Coleman-wtf.gif