Brook Lopez vs Roy Hibbert

Options
2»

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brook Lopez
    Lol at Lopez is soft. Wasnt he the league's top rim protector til he went down or something like that?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Roy Hibbert
    nah, hibbert avg more blocks, brook wasnt even top 5 when he went down
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Brook Lopez
    Lol at Lopez is soft. Wasnt he the league's top rim protector til he went down or something like that?

players shot 39% at the rim vs him

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roy Hibbert
    Lol @ people bringing up stats, yet ignoring touches, roles, style of play, and roster cohesion. Context is everything.

Also, y'all are heavily sleeping on the MOST IMPORTANT stat, which is the win-loss column.
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roy Hibbert
    I think when people say Lopez is soft, or at least I do, is because he seems to disappear in big game moments. That's why you need him to get going early because he's liable to fade away later in the game when ? gets rough. You might could even use last year's all-star game as an example, he was so passive that game you could of forgot he even made the ballot.

Lopez is a great shot blocker but becomes shaky if he ever has to move to defend. Big men that like to shoot typically eat well against the nets because of this. Guards that like to shoot off the screen typically eat well against then nets because of this. Not saying he's Brooklyn's only problem on defense but he's one dimensional.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brook Lopez
    Lol @ people bringing up stats, yet ignoring touches, roles, style of play, and roster cohesion. Context is everything.

Also, y'all are heavily sleeping on the MOST IMPORTANT stat, which is the win-loss column.

The ? offense is ? weak that's why he don't get touches. Great players get touches. The boy is role player at its finest.

I rather have ibaka at the 5

Ibaka > Hibbert in every part of the game

Y'all let ESPN sucker y'all in to thinking he's some dominating player cuz how he played against the heat
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Roy Hibbert
    HELL NO! Ibaka's tendencies are terrible, and his basketball IQ is suspect. If OKC had Hibbert in place of Ibaka, they would have played a much better series against the Heat instead of getting ran over like they didn't deserve to be there. In that series, Ibaka was the ? that kept leaving Battier open to get weak-side blocks SMH (a huge mistake on the Coach's part to put someone that takes risks like that on a 3 shooter btw). Also, Lebron wouldn't have been able to post up and dominate like that with Hibbert there. In other words, Ibaka is not a good Center at all.

... Y'all don't understand the game or the key role each position is suppose to play. The most important stats for Centers are rebounds and altering shots or protecting the rim. Brook is weak to average in both, therefore he's not as good a Center as Hibbert (Noah, Dwight etc.) to anyone who actually understands the basic role of a Center. Basically, all of that other ? is extra. We don't need you to score 20, we need you to get rebounds and box out first and foremost and if you happen to score 20+, then it's a plus.

... I've seen Hibbert literally lockdown the paint for long stretches of the game. He's the reason why the Pacers "surprised" the Knicks last year. He shut the guard ? down and made Tyson look like a ? . He's the reason why the Pacers-Heat series went to 7. Replace him with Lopez or Ibaka and the Pacers lose in 5 while Lebron calmly overpowers those over-sized SFs trying to guard the paint.

Oh yeah and then, Lopez is also injury prone SMH, which leans it even further in Hibbert's favor. No one wants a big man who's frail and always on the injured list.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roy Hibbert
    Ibaka's great weakside, but one on one he's pretty bad
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brook Lopez
    Al Jefferson doe>>>

But both of em are dope. I just think a healthy Lopez is better. Especially on offense and he his more disciplined on defense, which means he stays out of foul trouble.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I want to say Roy, I can't. That dude is offensively handicapped, which is exactly a step UP from his game a year or two ago, when he was offensively paralyzed.
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    Brook Lopez
    bump
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brook Lopez
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    et8sud.jpg

The boy is so damn awful of offense it's a damn shame

And how you're the biggest dude on the court every night and you suppose to be some dominant defensive Center and can't pull down double digit boards.

Repost.
  • Heavy In The Game
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Brook Lopez
    health is the only reason any one should pick Hibbert

Brook is simply the better player

even Hibbert himself said he would ask Brook to help him work on his game
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is this even a thread id take brook lopez now over hibbert im shocked he averages 8 rebounds
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brook Lopez
    Brook Lopez is the best center on the offensive side of the ball. I think many will agree that. But if I'm looking at the total package, there is a number of centers that bring a better overall game. Roy Hibbert is definitely one of them.

I would say DeMarcus Cousins.

How could anybody disagree with that. He putting up 22 a game with Rudy ? , Isiah Thomas and Ben McLemore on the team.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brook Lopez
    Brook >>>>>
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roy Hibbert