The CM Punk Situation: Was He Right to Walk Out on WWE?

2»

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Maybe So
    Can't wait til Raw on March 3rd in Chicago...I'ma DVR that ?

Those Punk chants in Chicago gonna be crazy
  • Markus Garvey
    Markus Garvey Members Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Raw in Chicago a month before Wrestlemania is too much of a coincidence.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know honestly...
    One hand I agree bc wwe story line is lacking,illogical, redundant and just down right stupid

On the other hand punk was champ for a year...a full year... so how much right foes he have to complain about not being pushed
  • Markus Garvey
    Yes
    Punk needs to step aside for a bit. If it is true and WWE cant come to an agreement with Punk and turn this all into a work, WWE can push Bryan to satisfy fans such as myself. He is the most over guy on the roster and the WWE needs to capitalize now and get him into a fued with Batista. Batista vs Orton is stale and Bryan needs to be added into the fold when a Cena and Batista will happen in the future.
  • Markus Garvey
    Yes
    Punk is replaceable and HHH knows he has used the best out of Punk with his WWE championship reign. It is all politics right now. As much as I disagree with many of HHH's actions, I agree with him that Punk is replaceable. Bryan is still in the roster, 2 out of the 3 members of the Shield are experienced and great indy workhorses, one is being groomed as the next homegrown WWE superstar, Bray is being pushed, and WWE NXT churns talent out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg0uEVzknxE

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to one of our readers for passing along the photo above and these notes from CM Punk's appearance at Comic-Con this past weekend.
    - Punk appeared to be in a great mood and excited about the weekend. He was obviously really tired, and did talk about how he's worn out. He joked about being ready to do nothing but sit on his couch.

- He said that he's tired of traveling and never gets to see the places anyway since it's just going from one show to the next, without ever getting to do any touristy stuff.

- He said that he's been really sick, especially from September through November of last year. He was basically having weekly MRIs and blood work done, but they can't figure out what's wrong. Visit Wrestling Inc.He noted that he started eating meat again and is starting to feel a little better, but still wasn't even close to 100%.

- He called Batista a friend, but didn't feel that the time was right to come back because it Visit Wrestling Inc.was so unfair to take away the glory from the other wrestlers who work so hard every day.

- He was frustrated with the direction that the company was going and felt that the writers weren't in touch with what the fans want.

- He doesn't think that Sting should come to WWE because frankly, Visit Wrestling Inc.he doesn't have anything left in the tank and would again take away from the younger wrestlers.

- He's interested in the UFC if his body is up for it, but right now he didn't think his body was in any shape for it. If he could get to feeling better, it might be an itch that he wants to scratch.

- He's good money-wise, and hasn't really spent much so he's not worried about receiving a paycheck anymore.

• onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    GodGivBiz wrote: »
    ? arent gonna stop watching WWE if Punk leaves WWE. In fact if Punk did go back to TNA, WWE fans would start tunrning on him and or treat him as irrevelant.

I stopped watching. WWE has been going downhill for some time with ? wrestling fans in their attempt to get more casual wrestling fans and CM Punk was the only thing that kept me watching.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    WWE>>>Punk

I was watching before him and I'll watch when he's gone.

son wasnt even all that or the best one to watch imo
  • Markus Garvey
    Yes
    WWE>>>Punk

I was watching before him and I'll watch when he's gone.

son wasnt even all that or the best one to watch imo

Punk's departure is old news. Corporate knows they have a suitable replacement with Dean Ambrose. In my opinion Ambrose in the indies surpassed Punk on the mic in the indies. He will get his chance to show what he is capable of on the mic in the next few years.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cm punk vs undertaker
    cm punk vs brock lesnar
    cm punk vs john cena(on raw)

three reasons punk is far from replaceable, at least imo

wwe may always be the main draw, but lets not act like punk wasnt one of the few bright spots amongst a lotta mediocrity
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe So
    Everybody is just a small part of the machine. They replace Hulk Hogan...so anybody is replaceable.

Dude was a huge part of what kept people excited about WWE though.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Punk is coming back to TV next week!!
    on the Talking Dead
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Said it before and I'll say it again. Punk passed up on an opportunity to end the streak when he left. But who knows. Maybe he left because he got word that Lesnar was going to be the one to end it. Either way, Punk's flaws just remind me too much of my own which is why I'm pretty sure he let his ego ruin a good thing.